Insignia Feb 2, 2005 - Message for Claudia

jasl

Hi Claudia...... Looks like the post for this cruise has disappeared and I wanted to answer your questions, since I have been in S.A.

Am leaving for the Med on May 6th and have not viewed the board too much. BTW your posts on that destination have been very helpful to me.

Anyway hope to pick up on S.A. again in June, as we are returning May 31st. Meantime, would definitely book a few extra days in Rio, a fabulous City. Found the Sheraton a wonderful location and excellent service.

jasl

oh Claudia! Only 3 more days! I hope you have a great trip - I know you will.

I too am looking forward to all your postings when you get back.

And then on to the Insignia. Sure wish I could find someone who is going on 1/18/05 with us!

Carol

We were looking at the 1-18 trip, Carol, but I understand from another thread that it's sold out! I wonder if we should try the Brazil-Amazon one instead...I am VERY curious about Oceania! Love the idea of open seating, resort casual and a small ship to boot!

I just checked ***** for South America 1/18/05, and they have an inside F cabin available, and last Wednesday, they had A and C categories listed as available, so you might try for a cancellation or wait-list w/Oceania for the cabin category you prefer.

Good to know there is still some more room. I know of 20 people who have signed up on Yahoo.com so we'll have a party. I just haven't been able to connect with them yet! I love the planning and emailing before the cruise and then getting to meet them in person. Not to mention sharing some wonderful tours with them!

And transfers, etc etc. I guess you can tell I'm always interested in saving some bucks. That way I can cruise more!

Indeed two cabins were offered last Wednesday, probably due to cancellations, but the window of opportunity had closed by the afternoon, before I could book them w/VTG. My family and friends are already confirmed for SA on 1/18, but I was checking for some other cruising friends, and the A cabin that was listed may have been #7025, but I frankly can't remember. Checking with VTG, mycruisevalue, and icruise, there seems to still be F cabins available if "SecondMate" is interested.

Archived