Dining options for the evening

PattiHere

On the day that we embark on the Century, what other dining options are available besides the main dining room. We have early seating and my DH and I would perfer to eat later on that evening since we eat when we arrive on the ship around 1:00 p.m.

Is room service available on the first evening? Also, do they take reservations at Murano's for that night?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Since the late seating usually has unfilled tables, after you board you could ask the maitre d' if you could have late seating just for the first night. I'm sure they would accommodate you if at all possible.

PattiHere,

On the day that we embark on the Century, what other dining options are available besides the main dining room. We have early seating and my DH and I would perfer to eat later on that evening since we eat when we arrive on the ship around 1:00 p.m.

Is room service available on the first evening? Also, do they take reservations at Murano's for that night?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

There are several dining options.

>> 1. You can make a reservation for whatever time you wish, subject to availability, at the ship's secialty restaurant. This restauarant is very upscale, with a surcharge of $30 per person.

>> 2. You can go to "alternative casual dining" (reservation strongly recommended) for $2.00 per person. Although held in the seating area of the buffet restaurant, Celebrity's "alternative casual dining" features full table service with a special menu that rotates on a three night cycle.

>> 3. You can dine at the pizza and pasta bar, which is open from noon util 1:00 AM.

But I would strongly recommend changing to second seating, especially if you are cuising within Europe. The shore exucursions in European ports of call tend to return to the ship very late in the afternoon (5:30 to 6:00 PM and sometimes later), and thus do not leave much time to shower, etc., and dress before first seating.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide!

Norm.

<<<Is room service available on the first evening? Also, do they take reservations at Murano's for that night?>>>

Yes to both. During dining hours you can also have roomservice from that menu.

And the choices are mentioned by the others.

We almost always skip dinner the first night because we eat the buffet late in the day (around 2PM)- so not hungry. If we are really hungry- we order room service because they offer things on room service that aren't available at the pasta station, sushi station or pizza station.

Is the buffet still open in the evenings - or has the whole area been turned into the Alternative Casual Dining with full service with the $2pp cover charge?

Celebrity has never had evening buffet dining on any of their ships. A portion of the area is turned into the alternate casual dining.

Celebrity has never had evening buffet dining on any of their ships. A portion of the area is turned into the alternate casual dining.
??? We have always been told by our TA that there is the choice of the main dining room or the speciality or the casual buffet - but you are saying that the buffet doesn't exist and you have to pay $2...??!

??? We have always been told by our TA that there is the choice of the main dining room or the speciality or the casual buffet - but you are saying that the buffet doesn't exist and you have to pay $2...??!

For dinner, there is no buffet... There is:

- Alternative casual dining ($2 tip), table service

- Speciality restaurant ($30)

- Pizza & Pasta Buffet - until 1 am

- Sushi Cafe - until 11 pm

- Main dining room

- Aqua Spa buffet (very small, mostly health food) - until 8 pm

- Pool bar (hamburgers, fries, etc.) - until 8 pm

Plenty of choices!!

Floris

Celebrity does not offer a dinner buffet on their ships. As stated by previous posters, they do offer alternative casual dining with a $2.00 per person charge. It is a sit down dinner, and the $2 is the tip.

If you would prefer not paying the $2 charge, you can eat at the grill, the pizza & pasta stations, sushi, or have room service. Also earlier in the evening, on the Millennium class ships and the Century, you can have dinner at the Aqua Spa cafe. (all of these do not have a charge).

Better check to see if your TA has ever cruised on Celebrity!

Correct, there is no buffet on any Celebrity ship for dinner. As stated in previous posts, the casual dining is with waiters who serve you three courses and there is a service charge of 2.00. This is held in a portion of the buffet area. If your TA insists there is a buffet for dinner, he/she is simply wrong.

Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions. I wasn't sure if the casual dining was available on the night that you embark. Could someone tell me where we make reservations for the casual dining? Also, does anyone know what the hours are for casual dining?

Room service also seems to be a good suggestion, we can relax in our cabin after our long trip and enjoy a quiet meal together the first evening of our cruise.

Thank you again everyone for your replies, they really helped!

Patti

Archived