***LIVE*** From the Carnival Freedom

blackegg

Looks like the Museum:

http://www.************s.com/tours.php

IT 4

Ephesus, Artemis Temple, Virgin Mary House, Ephesus Archeological Musuem

Short Description:

Meeting at Izmir port or hotel and drive to Ephesus. Visit first the ancient city, which was established 3000 years ago and still worldwide famous. First we see the City Council( Odeon), then the Domitian Square, and through the Curet's street continue to Terrace House, where the most wealthy people lived during the Roman times. The we see the third largest Library of antiquity Then we see the Theatre and continue to Artemis temple, one of the Seven Wonders of ancient world. Then we visit Virgin Mary House, where she is supposed to have spent her last days and. The House was visited by The Pope Benedict the 16th on 29 November 2006. Then we see the church, where St. John was also buried. The end of the tour and drive back to Izmir.

+ I think this:

we have also lunch( bbq, local meals in the garden of a small authentique rug house, separate from the crowds), we did not discuss this so far but please know that!

Do the showers have shampoo and conditioner already there? I seem to recall that on another Carnival ship - anything I don't have to pack the better...

As always, we really appreciate you taking so much time to help out those following you. Continue to have a great time, we all keep looking for anyone on the deck but rarely is anyone outside. Is it that cold?

Dear future Shipmates:

I finally found an Internet cafe and the ship sails soon so hang on for my last LIVE report.

They had their second show featuring a tribute to New Orleans. You watch and post your opinion soon.

I saw the same three guys in the LUKEWARM Pool last night. Remember there are no HOT tubs on board. Staff knows and they just brush us off saying they are all set the same_

The reason why there are so few poeple on deck is that it is still very cold. They didnàt even have all the LUKEWARM tubs working yet. The slide is definitely there but has never been open.

They have more tables of ten in the Posh dining room thatn the Chic dining room which I found out has only two.

Laundry is on the odd numbered side of the decks ' midship.

They have shampoo and bath gel in all the cabin showers AT LEAST mine there is... I didn't check everyone one. Also in the spa showers.

Yes they have taxis waiting at Izmir.

We never took a ship tour and never will. They are WAY OVER priced and independent travelers can do fine without. Again check my long post on the 3-5 sailing thread.

It has been my privilege to serve you folks and it looks like someone will folow on the next cruise. Thanks for your notes of appreciation. I will check this thread for about two more weeks so keep questions coming but others will answwer too.

The entire cruise is very enjoyable and you will always find bugs and problems but don't bother, you will have a great time and GREAT eating.

So off to my last sailing on LIVE from the Carnival Freedom!

Blackegg

blackegg, This has been great. My husband and I planned on doing this cruise but had to cancel due to illness. Just out of curiosity, what did you do on Rhodos? Maybe you did explain in one of your postings and I just missed it. I'm glad you had a decent sailing. I wish you many more.

Pat

Thank you Blackegg for taking the time to keep us informed about the cruise and the ship. When you get home and continue checking this site, maybe you can take time to answer a few more questions. I just bought a laptop computer and plan to bring it on board. Did you check to see if your computer could be used in your cabin (on-line) and if so, what was the cost? Did they offer first day discounts for minutes on line?

Also, did you notice the dining times for the "Posh" dining room? Is it on the aft of the ship, with more windows than the other dining room?

Oh, I have lost 25 lbs. getting ready for this cruise (May 1) but am still "Fluffy!" If you keep eating the way you have described, you will soon be Fluffy too! (LOL):D

Thanks again,

Jeanette :p and Ray :rolleyes:

JRT

If you go to the Carnival website they have listed their charges for the internet. it is the same whether you use theirs or the WIFI. They do have some discounted packages if you buy large blocks of minutes but the cheapest it came down to was 55 cents per minutes. Previous experience was that by the time you were connected that you had burned 5.00/ Since BA is only allowing one carry on and no personal item I guess we are going to leave ours at home.

Jkeller

JRT

If you go to the Carnival website they have listed their charges for the internet. it is the same whether you use theirs or the WIFI. They do have some discounted packages if you buy large blocks of minutes but the cheapest it came down to was 55 cents per minutes. Previous experience was that by the time you were connected that you had burned 5.00/ Since BA is only allowing one carry on and no personal item I guess we are going to leave ours at home.

Jkeller

We are considering leaving our laptop at home, as well (mainly, as you say, because BA limits us to ONLY ONE carry-on, PERIOD).

We had mainly wanted to take it to download photos and video to the hard-drive, but had hoped to also be able to send email messages to family.

If you use the ship's computers do you also spend all that time getting connected?

JRT

Jkeller

Thanks for the info. Delta/Air France says we can take one carry on per person and one personal item. The personal item list includes laptop computers and they advise you to take them as a carryon. We also wanted to download our pictures to cd disks and to e-mail them home and we also need to keep in touch with our business contacts while away. I plan to use Microsoft Word to copy and paste my incoming messages, then go off-line to type my responses in Word. I will then go online and attach the word documents. This will save some of my on-line time.

It was neat checking the Freedom webcam. Webcam1 shows the "jetty" of the port that they are docked next to, and you can see that the sea is on the other side of it. You can also see where the sea side of the jetty juts out a little bit.

I then checked back at this site:

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/italy/civitavecchia/map/

Where you can choose the map to be a satellite photo, and zoom in. You can tell, from looking at the port's jetty and where it bends and where it juts out a little on the sea side, pretty much where the Freedom is docked this morning!!!

Archived