Coogi sweaters for Dinner

SakeDad

So I see slacks and sweaters are now allowed for dinner....I have several Coogi sweaters. Should I now pack those with slacks to have dinner in except for Formal Night?

On Smart Casual night? If you wish. Christopher has a few, and they are very nice-looking -- or, rather, HE is nice-looking in them. However, to me they look like they might be a little warm. What Itinerary are you looking at?

Sakedad is doing Alaska in May and will be just fine in those Coogi sweaters.

Ah, so. In Alaska in May those sweaters should, indeed, be just fine for Alaska. Personally, I would still find them a little thick and heavy (and heavy in the luggage department), but as for wearing them they should look "smart casual" and they should certainly be comfortable for that atmosphere. They are also removable ... which might be important if HAL has the dining room thermostat set for "Volcano Heat" ... which they sometimes do in Alaska. ;)

Good to know about the heat...better have a nice shirt on underneath in case I need to strip :eek: . As for the weight I have several that are "thinner" and good for travel yet very colorful. Thanks for the answers.

Good to know about the heat...better have a nice shirt on underneath in case I need to strip :eek: .

Stripping ... hey ... that's another good topic for the other thread on this board about what to talk about/do in while on a cruise!

Ruth - It is a style of sweater that is from Australia. I wanted to buy some for Karl when we were in Sydney. Bill Cosby wore them on the Cosby show. They are striped (for lack of a better term - it does NOT look like a regular striped sweater). In addition to the 'unusual' pattern, the 'stripes' are vertical - not horizontal. See: http://www.shopcoogi.com/store/site/department.cfm?id=50DE5331-C196-4217-9DBCD04D06AD3EF2&ln=COOGI

Coogi sweaters for Dinner

And no - I wouldn't suggest eating one. But one could certainly wear one to dinner.

Here's another example of them. http://search.ebay.com/coogi-sweater_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfromZR8 They can range in price up to $500.00US as the REAL Coogi's are one of a kind and even though they have the same color schemes they won't be the same. They are very nice sweaters. I've worn them to dinner at some highend places and felt comfortable.

Ruth,

I am sorry Ruth and everyone else on this board who likes Coogi sweaters. I personally cannot abide by them. I think they are awful and I would hate my DH to wear one into the dining room. They are a casual highly coloured jumper and not what I would expect one to wear into a lovely dining room. They are the sort of jumper one would wear to a football match.

We Aussies do not wear them even though they are sold at all Duty free shops for tourists. I thought they had gone out of production.

Jennie

From the movie High Fidelity (Jack Black's character):

"Barry: Rob, I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst ... sweater I've ever seen, that's a Cosby sweater.

Barry: A Cosssssssby sweater! Did Laura let you leave the house like that?"

Some of the sweaters in the link looked ok to me though; mostly the ones with narrower stripes and less busy designs.

Ruth,

I am sorry Ruth and everyone else on this board who likes Coogi sweaters. I personally cannot abide by them. I think they are awful and I would hate my DH to wear one into the dining room. They are a casual highly coloured jumper and not what I would expect one to wear into a lovely dining room. They are the sort of jumper one would wear to a football match.

We Aussies do not wear them even though they are sold at all Duty free shops for tourists. I thought they had gone out of production.

Jennie

Note to self:LEAVE ALL COOGI'S HOME FOR SOUTH PACIFIC CRUISE!!!:eek:

Well, here in the unsophisticated States I get MANY compliments on what wonderful sweaters they are and how nice they look, and this is at some very nice events! I don't do football matches so no worries there;) .

But then I also like to eat deep fried shrimp heads (amiebi heads) and the Japanese consider those "trash" so go figure:rolleyes:

Sakedad and everyone else.

I am sorry if I have hurt anyone with what I have said. I knew I would offend some of you who have them, but down here they are not really worn. They were quite popular in the 80's as a jumper to wear skiing but since then they have gone out of fashion.

In fact one of our funniest TV shows "Kath and Kim" did a send up on buying a Coogie jumper.

If I can use that expression - "one man's taste is another man's poison".

Jennie

Aussie Gal,

No offense taken. Who knows? Maybe I'm the one "out-of-touch" with today's fashions, but I know when I wear my Coogi's I get lots of compliments on how great they look. Granted they are not Prada or Gucci (although I do have a FABULOUS Jean Paul Gaultier that will be coming with me!:rolleyes: ) but they still look great with a nice pair of slacks and certainly better than golf-shirts or polos which I've seen others here say are acceptable! I even have a couple of Coogi cardigans to wear over nice shirts. So I hope you reserve judgement until you see my review pictures showing me in my many outfits.:D

On Smart Casual night? If you wish. Christopher has a few, and they are very nice-looking -- or, rather, HE is nice-looking in them. However, to me they look like they might be a little warm. What Itinerary are you looking at?

The very thought of wearing a sweater in the dining room makes me warm, although I usually find it warm in coomon rooms on ships, even when others are complaiing of AC. Must be the Canadian in me.

The very thought of wearing a sweater in the dining room makes me warm, although I usually find it warm in coomon rooms on ships, even when others are complaiing of AC. Must be the Canadian in me.

It's not just the Canadian in you ... it sometimes IS overly warm in the public rooms aboard ship, and particularly in the Main Dining Room. I HAVE worn a sweater in the Main Dining Room -- ONCE. It was a thin cardigan and I wore it on a casual night in Alaska. I took it off before the Salad arrived and a carried it back to the cabin. It was horribly hot.

Aussie Gal,

No offense taken. Who knows? Maybe I'm the one "out-of-touch" with today's fashions, but I know when I wear my Coogi's I get lots of compliments on how great they look. Granted they are not Prada or Gucci (although I do have a FABULOUS Jean Paul Gaultier that will be coming with me!:rolleyes: ) but they still look great with a nice pair of slacks and certainly better than golf-shirts or polos which I've seen others here say are acceptable! I even have a couple of Coogi cardigans to wear over nice shirts. So I hope you reserve judgement until you see my review pictures showing me in my many outfits.:D

I have a Coogi tie that I like a lot. Maybe I'll bring it on the next cruise to wear on Informal Night.

OOPS! They did away with those, didn't they?

Archived