Voyage Review (repost)

pepperrn

Thankyou so much Pepper, we are sailing on her again tomorrow & I'm sat in our room at the DeVere Grand Harbour reading this, AGAIN:D I think I will read Penny's again before I go to sleep. We will be up bright & early to go & see her at the Mayflower Terminal, which is just across the road from here. Thanks again. Sharon

Sharon, No, THANK YOU! I'm so sorry I missed your post before you sailed, but am now so jealous that I'm not on board her. I do hope you're having the very best of times.

"Location: thornbury (like anyone would know it!), uk"

Oh I know it! Lovely castle. I've visited your town many times. Usually from the city to the south of you.

Thanks again, tell us all about your trip when you get home.

This has been so wonderful... Thank you for the re-post. I dont know how I missed it the first time around. I had for the past few nights had a great time reading each installment. Well, actually I even pulled it up durng my lunch hour to get my fix!! I can also picture myself printing this out and putting it in my suitcase come our November cruise!!

Reading this much later than it was written I am curious.... Was this posted during the voyage or after a return home??

With this level of detail I can only guess this was written during the voyage.

Do tell!!

Smoothdancer,

Thank you very much for your great comments, you're very kind.

I wrote and posted the review once I was home, not during the voyage. I had decided to write it after reading so many good ones here on CC. I took a cheap notebook with me but, on my first visit to the Library Bookshop I saw a far better one "The Ocean Log Book" (still on sale on board last November). In this I made a simple record of what I did each day with no attempt to "write" a review, just as a prompt for my memory once I returned home (otherwise I find I forget on which day I did what).

I'm lucky that I seem to be able to remember places and facts, not as good as many have of course but OK anyway. This also helped when I came to write.

As I didn't fill this notebook on my TA it also went with me on my trip on QE2 and again on my cruise last year. It will also go with me twice in July this year. I think it will take many voyages before it's full.

Reading the notes I've made in this book brings memories flooding back, and, with the aid of the photographs I took, permit me to walk her decks in my mind any time I want!

I do hope you have a great time in November, remember to tell us all about your voyage please.

Once again, many thanks

• 5 months later...
Pepper

That was absolutely wonderful. We are doing our first crossing on QM2 may 2nd of next year. I didn't think it was possible to be looking forward to this trip more than I had been.

Irene

Irene,

Many thanks for the compliment, my crossing was supposed to be a "one time" holiday of a lifetime, I didn't know before that voyage, I'd get hooked and, in less than two years, make five Cunard voyages and have further booked. You'll love a crossing I'm sure, and QM2 is THE ship on which to make it!

Thank you again.

• 2 months later...
What a great review, can't wait for October which is when we sail....

Thank you! Most kind.

Have a wonderful time on board QM2, October will come around very quickly, do ask if you've any questions, someone here will know the answer (and I'll certainly try to help), and let us know all about your voyage when you return.

With very best wishes and many thanks

your reviews are wonderful - like a good letter home! if you have any more stories, i would love to read them...

Well, THANK YOU! Such lovely words to read. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. It seems a long time ago now, and since then I've been lucky enough to sail on QM2 several times with family and friends. And on QE2. I'm looking forward to sailing on QV later this year.

I did write a draft review of an 11 day cruise around the Caribbean on QM2 but, for lots of reasons, I didn't complete it. Maybe someday soon. I also wrote many notes regarding my voyage on QE2 for a future review. I will write a review (and post it here) once I return from the QV trip.

Once again, many thanks for your very kind words.

Thank you pepper i really enjoyed your review. Since deciding to chooose QM2 for our silver wedding celebration I've been checking out all the reviews, yours is the best I've read so thank you. We will be travelling on 26th Sept 2009 and I can't wait. Thank you for your tip on the jeans thing Catherine

Thank you pepper i really enjoyed your review. Since deciding to chooose QM2 for our silver wedding celebration I've been checking out all the reviews, yours is the best I've read so thank you. We will be travelling on 26th Sept 2009 and I can't wait. Thank you for your tip on the jeans thing Catherine

Catherine, thank you so very much for the high praise. I'm very glad you liked it. Have a really wonderful voyage and tell us all about it when you get home. Thanks again.

I certainly hope you will complete it soon. I've been waiting!! Best wishes, Beth

Beth,

I'm so sorry that I've not completed it yet, what fantastic times our group had together on that cruise. From us all meeting up in the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, that lovely lunch in the Britannia Restuarant, the many times we all met up before or after dinner in the Commodore Club to the farewells on the return to New York... Such happy days, thank you for all you did to make them such a success for all of us. I will get back to writing all about it soon.

Very best wishes,

Beth,

I'm so sorry that I've not completed it yet, what fantastic times our group had together on that cruise. From us all meeting up in the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, that lovely lunch in the Britannia Restuarant, the many times we all met up before or after dinner in the Commodore Club to the farewells on the return to New York... Such happy days, thank you for all you did to make them such a success for all of us. I will get back to writing all about it soon.

Very best wishes,

Ah, yes, Pepper!!! What fabulous memories!!! That was a most memorable cruise with wonderful friends. I look forward to reading your review and reminiscing about all the fun we had. I do hope our paths cross again soon.

Beth

• 1 month later...

Pepper, I have been on QM2 a few times and am going again this Wednesday, I am doing a back to back as I loathe flying. In anticipation of my trip I re-read your review and it is like being there. The memories come flooding back and I thank you for triggering them. I will be in the Commodore Club on Wednesday and will raise a glass to you and your pen.

Jim

Pepper, I have been on QM2 a few times and am going again this Wednesday, I am doing a back to back as I loathe flying. In anticipation of my trip I re-read your review and it is like being there. The memories come flooding back and I thank you for triggering them. I will be in the Commodore Club on Wednesday and will raise a glass to you and your pen.

Jim

Jim,

Many, many thanks for those comments and for the toast! I am both very grateful for your flattering words and very jealous that you are fortunate enough to be boarding again and, so soon!

May I wish you the very best of voyages, the Commodore Club is my favourite room on board and I shall be there in spirit on Wednesday!

With many thanks and all good wishes.

Since another season of QM2 crossings will begin soon, I am bringing this excellent review back to page one. I am so envious of those of you who are lucky enough to be on one of those crossings. Enjoy every minute. Beth

Beth,

Thank you once again, you are so very kind to give my review a mention as you have. I shall have to read it again, and get myself in the mood for booking another TA.

Thank you once more, I look forward to the day when our paths cross again, as they did before, on board QM2. I hope you are both well.

Very best wishes

Well, THANK YOU! Such lovely words to read. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. It seems a long time ago now, and since then I've been lucky enough to sail on QM2 several times with family and friends. And on QE2. I'm looking forward to sailing on QV later this year.

I did write a draft review of an 11 day cruise around the Caribbean on QM2 but, for lots of reasons, I didn't complete it. Maybe someday soon. I also wrote many notes regarding my voyage on QE2 for a future review. I will write a review (and post it here) once I return from the QV trip.

Once again, many thanks for your very kind words.

LOL:rolleyes:

You really should write it, we all had good fun back then;)

cant wait till this Novemebr, A TA and carribean, 3 weeks, but not st Lucia this time

Jim

Jim.

Dont forget B2B ocotber 1st 2010

Really looking forward to that, As Pepper says the Carribean was a wonderful cruise for all of us.

BUT

A B2B is the very best, we loved it last year and cant wait until November for our 4th TA and then then next year with you and Frieda.

Booking opens on April 16th for that BTW

Jim

Jim, Since you and I agree that airline travel really does suck I think that Cunard should copy this Princess Cruises TV commercial to urge people to forget the flying sardine can and sail aboard the QM2 when travelling to the UK or USA.Here is the link to this Princess TV commercial
Regards,Jerry

Archived