Voyage Review (repost)

pepperrn

Pepper, I do believe that we should be thanking you for sharing, not you thanking us. You are such a major contributor to this site and I am sorry I took this long to thank you. Regards, Jeanne

Jeanne, I'm lost for words... :o... thank you so much!

Do wish Pepper had been on QV before us, l simply could not get my bearings on her at all! Jackie:)

Jackie. I'm not sure if it will be any good, but yesterday I promised a good friend and a wonderful, warm lady (currently mid-atlantic on QM2) that I would write a full review of QV later this year. I hope that it's readable and OK. Good or bad, now I have to write it!

Hey there Miss Penny--not long before you continue your affair with the lovely QM2. I know that you and Steve are looking forward to visiting your special friends on the other side of the pond and visiting your homeland. I'll be looking forward to your lovely musings of this upcoming journey.

Bettie

Thanks Bettie....you are so right. It's coming faster with each day and we are getting very excited about meeting up with those good friends.

If I bring the computer I will no doubt blog this special "return to our roots" trip and you'll know where to look for it...;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Bettie, how lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your very kind comment.

As for NEW pictures, well I took loads of QM2 and the new Ocean Terminal in Southampton TODAY (Saturday 13th June) just before her departure for New York! Very impressed with some aspects of the new terminal. As soon as I am able I will add a new folder with a selection of them.

Meanwhile, thanks once again.

Pepper,

I just took another look at your photos--wow, over 100,000 views there too. They really are excellent--the interior shots of QM2 are some of the best that I've seen anywhere--they make me wish that I was onboard right now!

And I'm still looking forward to the next batch!

B

Thanks Bettie....you are so right. It's coming faster with each day and we are getting very excited about meeting up with those good friends.

If I bring the computer I will no doubt blog this special "return to our roots" trip and you'll know where to look for it...;)

Cheers, Penny

And I'm really happy that Steve will be joining the Brotherhood of the Traveling Cummerbund! Remember that for official membership a photo is required! Since Captain McNaught is now among the members, it should make Steve feel very special! ;)

Pepper,

I just took another look at your photos--wow, over 100,000 views there too. They really are excellent--the interior shots of QM2 are some of the best that I've seen anywhere--they make me wish that I was onboard right now!

And I'm still looking forward to the next batch!

B

Oops, seems like I must have just crawled out of the cabbage patch! I was thinking the review had over 100,000 views! Duh! Guess I shouldn't be posting after such an exciting and fun day. :o

Pepper, I just took another look at your photos-- the interior shots of QM2 are some of the best that I've seen anywhere--they make me wish that I was onboard right now! B

Bettie, well, thank you again! And I too wish I was on-board right now, I watched people disembarking the ship on Saturday morning, back from Norway, none looked happy to be leaving QM2. And then I watched other people boarding, including a good friend, whom I first met on QM2, I was there to "wave her off" and wish her "bon voyage" as she headed for New York. It would have been lovely to take that voyage as well!

I must photograph more of the interiors on my next trip. Thanks again for the compliment!

Well, thank you again! And I too wish I was on-board right now, I watched people disembarking the ship on Saturday morning, back from Norway, none looked happy to be leaving QM2. And then I watched other people boarding, including a good friend, whom I first met on QM2, I was there to "wave her off" and wish her "bon voyage" as she headed for New York. It would have been lovely to take that voyage as well!

I must photograph more of the interiors on my next trip. Thanks again for the compliment!

We left the ship on Saturday, cant say I was 100% happy, but then we have the August voyage on QV and then 21 days in November to look forward as well, we too returned to wave a few friends off on the evening and then had a meal with a few who stayed in Southampton

Jackie. I'm not sure if it will be any good, but yesterday I promised a good friend and a wonderful, warm lady (currently mid-atlantic on QM2) that I would write a full review of QV later this year. I hope that it's readable and OK. Good or bad, now I have to write it!

Oh Lordy, l do hope you will Pepper, l am normally quite good at navigating, but this lady really got me beat!

Jackie :)

Pepper,

I do believe that we should be thanking you for sharing, not you thanking us. You are such a major contributor to this site and I am sorry I took this long to thank you.

Regards,

Jeanne

Pepperrn,

I've just added to the 100,000, I'm very grateful also for your in depth cruise review and the fantastic photo's.

I've got to wait until September 2010 for my 1st TA, but you've certainly wetted my appetite for the trip!

Thanks Again

Carl

I'm very grateful also for your in depth cruise review and the fantastic photo's. I've got to wait until September 2010 for my 1st TA, but you've certainly wetted my appetite for the trip!Thanks Again Carl

Hi Carl

No, thank you for for your great comments. I know September next year sounds a long way off but it will come round quicker than you think! I'm sure you'll have a great crossing, do let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, By the time I got to page two of your review I was so excited that I couldn't read any further. We are going on the QM2 for the first time in January 2011. When I compose myself I will be reading your next review with bated breath. Your writing is so beautifully done and paints such a wonderful picture for those of us who have never sailed on this ship before. Although I am a long way from being a little girl I am sure I will be like you when I first see the ship and go to board her. The thrill of the anticipation will be with me for the next eleven months! Many thanks for a wonderful read and many thanks to those who recommended it.:)

Hi, By the time I got to page two of your review I was so excited that I couldn't read any further. We are going on the QM2 for the first time in January 2011. When I compose myself I will be reading your next review with bated breath. Your writing is so beautifully done and paints such a wonderful picture for those of us who have never sailed on this ship before. Although I am a long way from being a little girl I am sure I will be like you when I first see the ship and go to board her. The thrill of the anticipation will be with me for the next eleven months! Many thanks for a wonderful read and many thanks to those who recommended it.:)

Thank you so very much for your very kind comments. You'll have a wonderful, marvellous time I'm certain, and those eleven months will fly by. I was lucky that I saw QM2 many times before boarding for my first crossing. I've more voyages booked on her, with family and friends, and I can assure you that every time I cross into the Grand Lobby is like the first time, excitement isn't the word! Be sure to enjoy the Commodore Club, the best room afloat (IMHO) before or after dinner, the atmosphere there is beyond words. Walking the promenade when she is at sea is an unforgettable experience. Just writing this brings back so many wonderful memories of trips gone by and anticipation of voyages to come.

Do have a look, via the link below, at the pictures of her interior ("QM2 transatlantic 2006"), hope you find them useful.

Thank you once again, have the most fantastic time and an early Bon Voyage!

• 11 months later...

Finally found you Pepper! We're booked and it's been a few years so couldn't find your splendid review. Now I just have to find Penny's. Do you know how many peppers and pennys there are in the member's list?!

Have printed and taken your's and Pennys reviews with us on our previous cruises. They are invaluable. Many thanks for them.

Sandra

Finally found you Pepper! We're booked and it's been a few years so couldn't find your splendid review.

Have printed and taken your's and Pennys reviews with us on our previous cruises. They are invaluable. Many thanks for them.

Sandra

Hi Sandra

Many thanks! I am very pleased it you found it interesting or useful. It seems a long time ago now and things have changed on board since I enjoyed that first crossing. Soon I am going to rewrite the review during another crossing on QM2 and bring it up to date.

Thanks again, very best wishes, Bon Voyage!

Archived