Voyage Review (repost)

pepperrn

Jim, Since you and I agree that airline travel really does suck I think that Cunard should copy this Princess Cruises TV commercial to urge people to forget the flying sardine can and sail aboard the QM2 when travelling to the UK or USA.Here is the link to this Princess TV commercial
Regards,Jerry

Jerry, great idea, you have to love those middle seats..lol See you later this week Jim

Jerry, great idea, you have to love those middle seats..lol See you later this week Jim
Jim, I wish that it is this week but it is really June 19th that I board the QM2.So I'll see you on June 20th aboard the QM2 at the Commodore Club at 2:30 PM Regards,Jerry

Jim, I wish that it is this week but it is really June 19th that I board the QM2.So I'll see you on June 20th aboard the QM2 at the Commodore Club at 2:30 PM Regards,Jerry

Jerry, my mistake... I am going this week for a btb and on June 13th when we will meet up for the return half.

Jim

• 2 months later...
Some of the newer posters may have missed this wonderful review of a transatlantic crossing. Enjoy! Beth

Thank you Beth, you are very kind, It would be a real pleasure to see you both again, one day soon, maybe on a voyage on QM2. With all good wishes.

Hi,

Many, many thanks for your very kind words, so glad you enjoyed it. Seems a long time ago now, I must do another TA on board QM2 very soon.

Thanks again.

nice to see you still posting pepper-you will find the ship so very different these days,

Many, many THANKS to all of you that have visited my Webshots Photos Site (link below). Your visits have meant that the number of "hits" has now totalled

100,000 + !

It seems a very long time ago that the number of hits was less than 20,000, and I thought that was a big number! I enjoyed taking all the pictures and will add more pictures, in new albums, soon.

So, again, thank you very much.

Well done, Pepper !

Haven't had a chance yet to look at your others but I for one very much enjoyed your album of the 2008 QM2 voyage to Hamburg - incl. pics of A class cabin (which we have booked).

Pics #58-63 brought back happy memories of childhood holidays spent in Cuxhaven :)

Many, many THANKS to all of you that have visited my Webshots Photos Site (link below). Your visits have meant that the number of "hits" has now totalled

100,000 + !

It seems a very long time ago that the number of hits was less than 20,000, and I thought that was a big number! I enjoyed taking all the pictures and will add more pictures, in new albums, soon.

FANTASTIC!!! ANd no surprise at all as I have said repeatedly to you. ;).

I have no doubt that anyone reading your lovely, articulate review would be eager to see the exceptional photos you have taken to go with it. And having been privileged to see so many of your other photos I can attest to the fact that you have a marvelous photographic eye.

100,000+ hits...imagine that!! WELL DONE Pepper!! ;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

100,000 + !

Pepper, congratulations! Very few individual links whether for reviews or photos get this kind of response online. I'm looking forward to your new photos!

Take care my friend,

Bettie

I have no doubt that anyone reading your lovely, articulate review would be eager to see the exceptional photos you have taken to go with it. And having been privileged to see so many of your other photos I can attest to the fact that you have a marvelous photographic eye.

100,000+ hits...imagine that!! WELL DONE Pepper!! ;)

Cheers, Penny

Hey there Miss Penny--not long before you continue your affair with the lovely QM2. I know that you and Steve are looking forward to visiting your special friends on the other side of the pond and visiting your homeland. I'll be looking forward to your lovely musings of this upcoming journey.

Bettie

Pepper, congratulations! Very few individual links whether for reviews or photos get this kind of response online. I'm looking forward to your new photos! Take care my friend, Bettie

Bettie, how lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your very kind comment.

As for NEW pictures, well I took loads of QM2 and the new Ocean Terminal in Southampton TODAY (Saturday 13th June) just before her departure for New York! Very impressed with some aspects of the new terminal. As soon as I am able I will add a new folder with a selection of them.

Meanwhile, thanks once again.

Well done, Pepper ! Haven't had a chance yet to look at your others but I for one very much enjoyed your album of the 2008 QM2 voyage to Hamburg - incl. pics of A class cabin (which we have booked). Pics #58-63 brought back happy memories of childhood holidays spent in Cuxhaven :)

Hi, thank you for your great comments. So glad if you found the pictures of the cabin to be of use, I've had four different grades (deliberately chosen) of Britannia cabins so far. I've photographed each type carefully in case someone finds them helpful. I've yet to try an atrium cabin (or any of the grills!). Thank you for your kind comments about your memories, it was a great voyage for me with 11 very good friends as my travelling companions. Have a great voyage and tell us all about it (and take some pictures for us to see!). Thanks again.

Thank you Penny, very, very kind of you. I can assure you that 100,000 visits came as a complete surprise to me, I'm very flattered.

Some things in life are very predictable and come as no surprise at all ;), they happen just as you expect and exactly as you predict ;), but this was wonderful.

I have no doubt that anyone reading your lovely, articulate review would be eager to see the exceptional photos you have taken to go with it. And having been privileged to see so many of your other photos I can attest to the fact that you have a marvelous photographic eye. 100,000+ hits...imagine that!! WELL DONE Pepper!! ;) Cheers, Penny

You're really, really kind, thank you so much, to get from less than 20,000 hits to over 100,000 is amazing. Thanks again to all who looked at my pictures, and I do mean everyone :).

Pepper, Many congratulations on the 'Big' hit....so very pleased for you, and well deserved.

As you know, your review went along with me on QM2 last October, and what a great help it was, particularly with the elevators!! ;)

So good to see you back on the boards again.

Jackie :)

You too, Jackie? I printed it out last year in May and have taken it with me on all three QM2 voyages since! I ALWAYS manage to find a spot I missed on the previous trip!

So thanks from me (again) as well Pepper, wonderful review. And the pictures ain't bad either!!! :D

M-L

100,000 + !

Pepper,

I do believe that we should be thanking you for sharing, not you thanking us. You are such a major contributor to this site and I am sorry I took this long to thank you.

Regards,

Jeanne

You too, Jackie? I printed it out last year in May and have taken it with me on all three QM2 voyages since! I ALWAYS manage to find a spot I missed on the previous trip!

So thanks from me (again) as well Pepper, wonderful review. And the pictures ain't bad either!!! :D

M-L

M-L, it's still in my carry on case ready again for October! Do wish Pepper had been on QV before us, l simply could not get my bearings on her at all!

Hope you are keeping well.

Jackie:)

Some things in life are very predictable and come as no surprise at all ;), they happen just as you expect and exactly as you predict ;),

isn't that the truth tho...just as expected!!;)

Cheers, Penny

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Pepper, Many congratulations on the 'Big' hit....so very pleased for you, and well deserved.

Jackie, thank you, you're most kind!

As you know, your review went along with me on QM2 last October, and what a great help it was, particularly with the elevators!! Jackie

And thanks again! I am very flattered that you found it so useful. I really must write another review soon, I enjoyed writing that first one!

With all best wishes and gratitude

So thanks from me (again) as well Pepper, wonderful review. And the pictures ain't bad either!!! :D M-L

Thanks M-L for that! :o What can I say?... THANK YOU! I've had four voyages on QM2 and there are still one or two public areas that I've not photographed yet. Maybe next time! Thanks again.

With gratitude and all good wishes.

Archived