Late sitting traditional...do they ever run out of specific menu item?

luvthis

Okay...Now the greedy, self-centered, pig-out side of me is emerging. Ha! Bob & I have always enjoyed late sitting traditional dining and have never had a problem getting anything listed on the evening dinner menu. It dawned on me that since anytime dining runs from 5:30-10:30 p.m. and we are not eating until 8:30 p.m., could the kitchen ever misjudge the amount of a certain menu item for a given night? It sounds like the early sitting is almost always waitlisted. That means an awful lot of people that would have liked to eat at that early sitting are now forced to use the anytime dining, because they have no choice. Lots of extra hungry mouths to feed before we sit down to eat at 8:30 p.m., ya know?

Has anyone out there that eats at the traditional late sitting ever order something at night and been told the kitchen is out of it?

Yum...tick, toc. We leave on the Sun Princess for the Grand Canal voyage April 19th. Can't wait! 17 nights of pure relaxation, and FOOD!! Ha!

--Jean & Bob

I'll fess up. I'm one of those people that asks for two lobster tails on lobster night. There are usually a couple of dinners that are just plain way too good with food I never make and don't want to pay for when we go out to eat.

Hey...it's been 10 years since Bob & I have been on Princess. What's the "not to miss" entree to request. Also, last year on Celebrity we were able to "pre-order" escargot as an appetizer every night. YUM! This was not common knowledge but our waiter told us if he knew a day ahead that we wanted it, he would make sure it was prepared for us. There were 6 of us at the table and 5 of the 6 of us had escargot every night. Celebrity also always had shrimp cocktail available. What inside tips can you share regarding "not publicized" items that can be provided at any dinner.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains.

--Jean & Bob

Ah...nothing like a nice hot cup of fresh french onion soup. I've only tried chilled soup a couple of times. It tastes good, but I can't seem to adjust to "chilled" over "fresh hot" soups.

What's the best beef entree to try? Also, what's the best chicken entree? Can you tell I'm getting hungry? Bob likes pork dishes. Me, I love chicken, shrimp, & lobster, but a nice, juicy steak is hard to pass up, too.

Archived