Constellation - April 2, 2007

PATRIS

Sorry to see how many of you disappointed with the Constellaton.

We're from NJ - going out on r 3rd cruise on the Constellation & found the Constellation tops over several cruise lines that we've been on. Food, entertainment, service, cabin size. Perry Grant was the "tops" - enjoyed most of our nights listening to his music. Entertainment tops the "Summit" which we were on 2X. Health

Spa food - the best. Hope to see others from NJ in April.

Howdy PATRIS!

Welcome back to Cruise Critic! It has been a while since you were here. Also, welcome to the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your post. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Community Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Celebrity Cruises Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28 where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is a better location for more of your fellow Cruise Critic members to see it and to be able to help you with the information you seek.

I hope you don't mind a friendly 05.gif suggestion, but you might want to read our Community Guidelines and FAQ. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. You will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in some of the forum sections. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

You also might want to check out the Roll Call for your cruise. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=339486 for the Constellation, 4/2/07 Roll Call to join in the fun with the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you. Read through all the pages to get to know the others, then make a post introducing yourself. I'm sure the others will welcome you with replies. You can then take your on-line relationship from there. Roll Calls are a great place to share info and tips about your ship, ports, tours, transportation, etc.

Also, don't forget to register for the Connections Party hosted by Celebrity!

- Connections Info and Celebrity Connections FAQ

- Register to attend a Connections Party

- Search for a Connections Party

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory. If you have any questions about using the Cruise Critic software, please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum to see if your inquiry topic has already been asked and answered before. And it probably has, many, many times! 05.gif If not, please feel free to post your new inquiry there and we will be happy to try to help you with a solution.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

My BF and I will be onboard the 4/2 sailing to Panama. I am a very frequent cruiser, an 'Elite' CC Member, and have sailed on every X ship except Constellation. We have heard that it is the best of their fleet. Booked at the last minute and got a great deal and upgrade from X to Cabin #7131. Hoping to meet many of you at the Critic Meeting onbard.

Andrew and Laurence

I completely agree, out of all the Celebrity ships, the Constellation is my favorite & hope to sail on her again in the very near future. The staff is excellent, food wonderful, just all around a great ship.

We are going on 2nd April cruise also, the first time on X for us and we're really looking forward to it. We have quite a good roll call going now after a slow start, come on over if you want to join us. If not I look forward to meeting you at the Connexions party.

Julie

My BF and I will be onboard the 4/2 sailing to Panama. I am a very frequent cruiser, an 'Elite' CC Member, and have sailed on every X ship except Constellation. We have heard that it is the best of their fleet. Booked at the last minute and got a great deal and upgrade from X to Cabin #7131. Hoping to meet many of you at the Critic Meeting onbard.

Andrew and Laurence

how did you manage to get an upgrade to 7131, we are also elite, but did not think capt. club gave upgrades to verandas, (only inside to inside) & (outside to outside)????

how did you manage to get an upgrade to 7131, we are also elite, but did not think capt. club gave upgrades to verandas, (only inside to inside) & (outside to outside)????

We booked a 2C GTD and got upgraded to a well placed 2B. Every time I have booked a GTD with X, they have upgraded me. I have found they treat their Elite CC Members very well where they can.

When you get upgraded, you still have to pay for it, right? I am an Elite member & switched rooms from oceanview to a concierge oceanview room & paid the normal price as anyone else would. Should I have gotten a break on the additional cost being Elite?

Ditto, to the others, the Constellation is our favorite ship, have sailed all the other Millennium class, and for whatever reason she has a certain "feel". Also sailed the Mercury, which we also love. Trying the Century on the TA in December.

Sailed on the Constellation last November and had an excellent cruise. Staff, room steward, waiters,food,... all were great. For the first few evenings we bypassed Perry Grant's show. Our mistake! He was so entertaining and funny, we were at Michael's Club every night after our first show. "Let's have a drink to Judy".

We too are going on the Constellation April 2nd. This will be our third time on her. We first took her to the Caribbean and last summer took the British isles, Norwegian Fiords cruise. Love that ship! See you then!!

When you get upgraded, you still have to pay for it, right? I am an Elite member & switched rooms from oceanview to a concierge oceanview room & paid the normal price as anyone else would. Should I have gotten a break on the additional cost being Elite?

No, since we booked a GTD cabin, there was no charge for the upgrade, but it was within the same cabin type. Concierge Class is seldom offered as an upgrade, but I did get a free upgrade to a Sky Suite on Century once. In my opinion, GTD cabins are the way to go unless you are stuck on a particular cabin.

We will be on the Connie for the third time next month. We were upgraded on the 2006 Baltic cruise last May to a CC from a balcony, much to our surprise. We had picked our balcony cabin a year prior and I was a little nervous about the upgrade. It was midship and 2 doors down from the elevator on the Sky Deck. Perfect. The only thing was that there was a window washing aparatus between our cabin and the one next door, but it wasn't too bad. We were thrilled. So they DO bump up to CC class. Some fellow CC'ers were bumped to a Sky Suite from a CC cabin on that cruise. Maybe we were all lucky. It was a great cruise!

Joyce and Randy

Archived