Jacket Required in Specialty Restaurant?

spooner

Is a jacket required in the specialty restaurant? If not required I would like to wear dress pants and shirt with a tie but no jacket. We will be dining there on a casual night. I don't want to feel out of place if everyone else will be wearing a jacket. Thanks.

Spooner,

Celebrity used to require a jacket in the specialty restaurants but they recently changed the specialty restaurant dress code and it now is the same as the dress code in the main dining room.

See http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=00002xr7W9L6xoQdX5gWSkVCNxe:1028etq20?faqSubjectName=Dress+Codes&faqId=2728&pagename=faq_answers.

faq_answers_hdr.gif

spacer.gif

What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Subject: Dress Codes

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty restaurants is the same as the evening dress code in the main restaurant. Please refer to the dress schedule within the "Onboard Experience" section of this website to determine the appropriate attire for each cruise length.

FYI

[info from Celebrity website] See http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...me=faq_answers.

Wear a jacket, you will look out of place if you don't!

ok call me olde fashioned but i think some things should be left alone! and the specialty restaurant is 1 of them. you are paying extra for the food and ambiance and it should be treated as such. Stay semi-formal to formal and give these restaurants and their staff the credit they deserve.

i just got off the millennium with the "new" dress code. I ate in the specialty restaurant 6 times. MOST people did dress up as before but some on casual night SADLY did not.

What i dont understand is WHY celebrity would choose to change this???!!!

*sweet*

I would expect that the term alone - speciality restaurant - would denote a special place; something out of the ordinary. Therefore I would then expect it's patrons to be dressed in a somewhat more distinguished fashion.

All one has to do, really, is to look at the pictures of the specialty restaurants as portrayed in the Celebrity brochures. They are beautifully designed and the ambiance is certainly not casual. This tells me that we would want to dress as befits the room, the service, and the cuisine.

Mary

beaux: i understand the catering part (dollars and "no sense") however the specialty restaurants are usually extremely busy. Why lower the standard especially when they cannot accommodate any more patrons?

I did make mention of my dislike for the dress code change on my comment card. I know they do read them but will it help??? who knows!

*sweet*

Hmmm...OK I think I'll wear a jacket. Thanks to those who responded to my post. You convinced me to wear the jacket. I've always been bothered by people who don't follow the suggested attire in the main dining room so I get the point about dressing accordingly for the specialty restaurant. Been on 9 cruises but this is our first Celebrity cruise. I want to do the proper thing. Thanks again.

My only problem with the way people dress is their cologne and perfume! Both men and women, the sents are occasionally very strong. Our dinners are often overpowerd by perfume at the next table! And on the ship in these confined specialty restaurants it can really be offensive!

We usually eat in the speciality restaurant or in our room. We seldom meet people who are concerned with what someone at the next table is wearing! Most people are just on vacation and having a great time!

In fact we have meet many people who dress in their ethnic attire for dinner. It is just so interesting to see all these people, comfortable with their own attire, having a great time!

I meet people daily in my work. Many conversations are about vacations.So many people are fearful of a cruise because of all the rules! Many people just want to "do the right thing and feel they may not fit in".I come from a tourist area that is very informal,probably too informal.

I would never want someone to feel uncomfortable because they do not have the "formal attire" that some one thinks that they need. Just be comfortable and enjoy yourself!

We always have a suite so we have the option of having dinner in our room. We always attend formal night, my husband in a plain black suit with a white shirt, and I just wear black satin slacks with a black lace top or other top. We have never done the tux and gown thing!

My parents were the opposite. My father always in a tux my mother always in a formal gown! But I guess that is life!

Be yourself and have fun!

So I hear, Jancruz1. How Sad!!!

Actually I dont think so..I have been on Oceania 14 times..going on the 15th in 10 days..and my husband never wears a jaceket but is always well dressed and the ladies always look good slacks or long skirts and nice tops..We live in California where tho it is casual..it isnt sloppy..

Jan

I was on Century 3/5 to 3/15 back to back...I ate in Muaranos every night, even on informal night they did not require a jacket...on formal night, there was a table of 6 the men had trousers and golf shirts....the wine paring is now $145 complete per person...:eek:

the food is great...say hi to the staff for me....tom

Archived