Some things change! Some stay the same!

TheHowards

I have been away from the boards for about a year. My wife and I sailed on the Galaxy in 2005, and found much needed information here.

We just booked another Celebrity cruise (on the Galaxy again), and as I started reading all of the threads, I saw that some things had changed, and some things never seem to change. For instance:

1. Dress code threads are still explosive! On my first X cruise, I was so scared, I vowed to wear my tux poolside;) !

2. The new hot topic appears to be "pod" problems. I don't recall seeing this in '05. They may have been here, but they certainly weren't as prevalent. Pod threads give me tired head.

3. Those pesky Galaxy Stratosphere windows are still foggy, so the ship must be drydocked. We had read so many negative posts about the Galaxy before our first cruise that we were prepared to board a floating scrap heap. Thank goodness none of it was true...except for that window!

4. Virus talk is definitely up (no pun intended)!

5. I have seen some negative food posts. I hope this turns out to be untrue, as this was a bragging right of Celebrity a year ago.

6. Shorter cruises have met with mixed reviews. Some feel that they are ruining the company, and others like the change.

7. Finally, the land-based Celebrity customer service still leaves much to be desired, or so I've read.

Have I missed anything? I really enjoy all of the information and entertainment I get from the boards. Thanks to all!

So, can I wear shorts in the dining room or not? Just kidding;) !

Bob

Hi

Nobody told you about the Noroviurs??? Oh shame on me, sorry just kidding! Not funny when you affected I know. After all these years with pod problems I am wondering why X did not sell Millenium, Infinty and Summit for scrap to Alang already. LOL! Constellation seems to have not the problems of her sisters. LOL!

OP- I like your sense of humor.

Greetings

Michael

I've just come back to these boards after about 3 years and agree with you Bob. There used to be some fun 'dress code' arguments back in the day. You have to like the entertainment as well as the information. It is nice to see a lot of familiar names from the good ol' days. My, how some of you have racked up THOUSANDS of posts!

I have been away from the boards for about a year. My wife and I sailed on the Galaxy in 2005, and found much needed information here.

We just booked another Celebrity cruise (on the Galaxy again), and as I started reading all of the threads, I saw that some things had changed, and some things never seem to change. For instance:

1. Dress code threads are still explosive! On my first X cruise, I was so scared, I vowed to wear my tux poolside;) !

Bob

You missed the smoking and kids on cruises threads, still the same...

The Pod issue actually went to a whole new level that your probably not aware of...

Archived