Booking a future cruise on the ship

i just want open booking, so i dont want to talk to them either,i'll figure out where and on what later,sorry your experience was not to friendly,and i wouldnt expect all the info they give me to be true,next time just grab an open booking and leave,it'll be better next time:));) :rolleyes:

If everyone just grabbed an open booking, it would be so much faster with the LA. I'd much rather spend precious cruise time on the cruise I'm currently on, than taking an hour planning the next cruise. Lots of time once you get home to work on those details....just get your booking number so you get your OB credit and get to the pool!!!

While onboard Freedom last summer, we waited too long to get an appt. with LA (those last few days are a mad rush) but as diamond members, were able to go to the Diamond Lounge and Diana, the best Diamond Club concierge in the business, was more than willing to help us book a cruise for 2007.

We always book our next cruise while on board so we get the shipboard credit. If the price goes down or they have a coupon or offer a Senior Citizen's discount, I just call and get our final payment amount adjusted. We have booked up to 4 other rooms while on board and everyone got the shipboard credit ($100 per room).

This year when we go over Labor Day on Sovereign we will book our April Liberty and next Labor Day again on Sovereign ($50 per stateroom for Sovereign since only a short cruise).

Did not know they went to the open booking, we may use that also now, but we usually know way in advance what cruises we want to do.

Never had any problems with the folks on the cruise for booking. Always have been very friendly and helpful. Of course, again, we usually know what ship/date we want, but not always what room.

It depends on the individual rep, some can't be nicer and others do have an attitude. But if it means $100 for 7 day and $200 for 10+ days, I can just ignore the nastiness and transfer to my TA who will check everything. My last one didn't know how to smile but the Capt. circle rep was a sweetheart and helped me.

So if you say you want an open booking that means you plan to cruise within the next 3 year? Does that just give you the onboard credit, and you have the leeway to choose the cruise you want at a later time? Can you still transfer this to your TA? If so, that sounds like a great option, because sometimes all of the sailing dates have not been released when we cruise(March).:)

I have heard some stories about the Loyalty Ambassadors not being friendly. I've mostly sailed on the Monarch where Danney League is awesome and sooo friendly!

I say that if the LA is not nice, put it on your comment card, but I wouldn't let someone having a bad day stop me from getting my OBC when I book.

AND .... I'm glad that we did book because the cabins are much more expensive now than they were a year from the cruising date. So we booked early and are saving $50pp :)

So if you say you want an open booking that means you plan to cruise within the next 3 year? Does that just give you the onboard credit, and you have the leeway to choose the cruise you want at a later time? Can you still transfer this to your TA? If so, that sounds like a great option, because sometimes all of the sailing dates have not been released when we cruise(March).:)

Yes it means you have to cruise within the next 3 years.

It gives you the onboard credit for that sailing.

You have the freedom of choosing a ship and itinerary and date that you want.

You can still transfer this booking to your TA.

We think it is a great option, but remember, this deposit is non refundable. When you do assign this open booking to a specific sailing, the rest of your deposit (or final payment if you're sailing soon) is then due immediately.

:)

Archived