Wrinkle Release - Help!

bzymama

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with the Wrinkle Release spray? It does nothing to help the wrinkles. (No, I'm not spraying it on my face! :rolleyes:)

I hang the clothing on a hanger, spray a light mist on, and kinda smooth it out with my hands. No difference! Can someone help?

If I can get it to work on the clothes, maybe I will try it on the face!:D

Sometimes it takes a couple of sprays and some stretching. I find it works better when I lay the item down. It doesn't get everything out just the major wrinkles. And maybe some fabrics respond better than others.

Yep -- even the instructions on the back of the bottle say "tug and smooth away wrinkles," and I definitely have to pull at the fabric a bit. For that reason, I have the most success with woven fabrics, since I can tug pretty aggressively without stretching the fabric out of shape. Still, I find it works pretty well on DH's polo shirts (knits), I just have to work a bit more slowly and cautiously.

I've also found that the fabric has to feel definitely damp. And as PJNJcruise5 said, it won't give you the "pressed look," unless you use it while ironing -- then it gives you a nice crisp finish. But I love it for my casual tops, just so I don't look like I slept in them ;), and especially to get rid of that suitcase look.

Downy wrinkle releaser is a great fast way to get nice casual clothes looking wrinkle free. For deep creases and more substantial wrinkling, the product can work well if combined with a dryer or an iron. The product seems like a necessity for travellers for its ability not only to rid packed clothing of wrinkles, but also to freshen with a light pleasant scent.

from

http://housekeeping.about.com/cs/productreviews/gr/dwnywrklrlsrpro.htm

Well my test came when I got my daughters Valentines Day dress out of the bag

from

http://www.epinions.com/content_326848188036

Andrea Wrinkle Release Instant Facelifts 12 Pairs of Facelifts for Face & Neck / 18 Pairs of Facelifts for Brows

from

http://www.nextag.com/andrea-wrinkle-release/search-html

Guest KimberlyB

I use the spray too and found that tugging, stretching, pulling, shaking out, etc. is the best way to go -- smoothing out doesn't quite cut it. When I was using it once, my 6-year old asked, "Mommy, why on earth are you beating up your clothes?" :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with the Wrinkle Release spray? It does nothing to help the wrinkles. (No, I'm not spraying it on my face! :rolleyes:)

I hang the clothing on a hanger, spray a light mist on, and kinda smooth it out with my hands. No difference! Can someone help?

If I can get it to work on the clothes, maybe I will try it on the face!:D

I use it to cruise..I spray garment lay it on bed and hand press...but...I really press my dress up digs b4 packing..and put 2/3 in a dry cleaner bag, then all of them in garment bag and carry on..I take a steamer from BBB also..do that as soon as i get to cabin..I drive to port..t then its alll done..I hate wrinkles, in my clothes too...and that pleases me.

I always lay my clothes out on the bed or the table, spray way, and then really smooth with my hands and STRETCH. You do have to tug out the wrinkles.

I tried at first too to spray onto clothes on the hanger and smooth it out and that didn't work at all. You've gotta lay it out and pull it flat and then leave it there to dry.

Still it will not be the same as ironing so don't expect a crisp finish, but it will do the job in a pinch and get most of the wrinkles out.

Yup..I hang them up too. Spray till pretty damp, give it a shake, tug sides and bottom and good to go! Works great on tshirt material. I've also used it on my capris. My sister even tried it on her husbands wool dinner jacket and it worked great.

I turn the garment inside out and make sure it feels slightly damp then tug and smooth .. never travel without it. I think the OP's "Light Misting" might be the problem .. too little spray on the garment

Thanks for all your advice! I will try the shaking and pulling and use more spray. I don't really care about the "crisp" finish like with ironing, but my clothes were looking exactly the same as before I sprayed.

Thanks again!

I use the spray too and found that tugging, stretching, pulling, shaking out, etc. is the best way to go -- smoothing out doesn't quite cut it. When I was using it once, my 6-year old asked, "Mommy, why on earth are you beating up your clothes?" :rolleyes:

LOL!

I just purchased some wrinkle release for our cruise this weekend. Perhaps I should have bought a bigger bottle? Does anyone know if they sell it on the ships? If not we'll have a travel steamer as well.

i can, barely, find it in my stores around here. i have to really look for it. i would not count on finding it on the ships. i wish they did make a bigger bottle of it, certain weeks the little bottle goes too fast.

I just purchased some wrinkle release for our cruise this weekend. Perhaps I should have bought a bigger bottle? Does anyone know if they sell it on the ships? If not we'll have a travel steamer as well.:D

I've never seen it on RCI, X, Carnival or HAL, but unless you bought a travel-sized bottle you should be fine. I've never gone through a whole bottle on a cruise. :)

I have found the bigger bottles in Target and Walmart usually by the spray startch and stain stuff. The bigger bottles make it easier to spray on more covrage. When I used it on my last curise I spray the item and laid it on the bed or the couch to let it dry. I was impressed as I am totally into ironing and I was anticipating great withdrawals without one but everything came out great. I did also roll my cloths up with the plastic bags.

I have found the bigger bottles in Target and Walmart usually by the spray startch and stain stuff. The bigger bottles make it easier to spray on more covrage. When I used it on my last curise I spray the item and laid it on the bed or the couch to let it dry. I was impressed as I am totally into ironing and I was anticipating great withdrawals without one but everything came out great. I did also roll my cloths up with the plastic bags.

Thanks for you opinion. :D I'm going to be using it for the first time on my 4/7 cruise. I can't stand wrinkles so I've always taken a travel iron with me. I hope this stuff works or I'm going to be paying of lot of money to have my clothes pressed every night!:eek:

Archived