San Juan/Adventure Questions

We are sailing on the Adventure out of San Juan at the end of May. We have a few questions:

1. I have read that the taxi service from the airport is $16. Is that per person or per car? If it is per person, we are thinking about a towncar or limo. Anyone know of a reputable operator?

2. Do the balcony cabins on the 6th floor have the new bedding? If not, do you think they will have it by the end of May?

3. We have balcony cabins next door to each other (there are 4 of us), can they open the divider between the balconies?

Thanks in advance!!

We are sailing on the Adventure out of San Juan at the end of May. We have a few questions:

1. I have read that the taxi service from the airport is $16. Is that per person or per car? If it is per person, we are thinking about a towncar or limo. Anyone know of a reputable operator?

2. Do the balcony cabins on the 6th floor have the new bedding? If not, do you think they will have it by the end of May?

3. We have balcony cabins next door to each other (there are 4 of us), can they open the divider between the balconies?

Thanks in advance!!

The airport taxis are usually a set price based on the number of people and bags and how many zones you're going through. I would count on probably like $20

The new bedding, from what I've read just searching posts related to Adventure is ongoing and slow. I would think by the time you sail they should be done.

The balconies don't have dividers. The balconies are set back into the superstructure of the ship so the balconies (at least the ones I saw) were divided by white steel all around. It may be different in the smaller cabins...I had a JS

Thanks in advance!!

I just came back from sailing on Serenade. Taxi (very reputable) was $21.50 (fare is $19 plus $ .50/bag (first 3) and $1 each bag after that). Including tip I gave the driver $27. It is about a 15 - 20 minute drive. I believe Adventure now has the new bedding (I know Serenade did). And since I have been on Adventure 3 times I can also say that there is no divider between the balconies.

Hope that helps.

I just came back from sailing on Serenade. Taxi (very reputable) was $21.50 (fare is $19 plus $ .50/bag (first 3) and $1 each bag after that).

Taxi rate above is valid for up to 5 passengers, $2 extra each for sixth and seventh passenger. Dispatcher at airport or docks will write correct fare for you group on slip of paper which you give to the driver when paying fare once you get to your destination.

Are you saying that the balconies on the AOS have no privacy?:confused: My mom had a JS on the Seranade last year, and they had dividers. She is a non-smoker, so the smoke from the next balcony bothered her. They didn't really enjoy their balcony because of that. We will have our 1st balcony on the AOS this summer!:D

Are you saying that the balconies on the AOS have no privacy?:confused: My mom had a JS on the Seranade last year, and they had dividers. She is a non-smoker, so the smoke from the next balcony bothered her. They didn't really enjoy their balcony because of that. We will have our 1st balcony on the AOS this summer!:D

No what I'm saying is that at least in my JS, the balcony was divided by the steel hull of the ship on both sides....the balconies are set back from the edge of the ship within the superstructure. You walk out of the balcony and the outer hull of the ship is to your left and right as opposed to the frosted glass dividers. It may be different on a smaller balcony...they may split the thing in two with the glass dividers but at least in my JS, I had the hull of the ship on either side that completely blocked anyone from viewing into my balcony.

Can I ask what time dinner is served on the first night as I notice that sail away is not until 10pm.

Do you know what time the muster drill is - we are travelling with a small child and just want to plan the first day.:)

Can I ask what time dinner is served on the first night as I notice that sail away is not until 10pm.

Do you know what time the muster drill is - we are travelling with a small child and just want to plan the first day.:)

When are you sailing? The cruise begins sail away at 8:30 pm beginning in May. I am at a loss as to what "new" time the muster will be, as the old one was 8:30, (?right?) Anyone have an idea?

Karen

For our sailing which left at 10pm, dinner was at 9 for the late seating and like 7 or something for the early. The muster drill was at like 8:30ish I think

When are you sailing? The cruise begins sail away at 8:30 pm beginning in May. I am at a loss as to what "new" time the muster will be, as the old one was 8:30, (?right?) Anyone have an idea?

Karen

Hi karen - I am booking soon for July 2008. I think I am going to make myself anf eveyone round me stir crazy coming on these boards every day till now. We went on the Mariner last year and or going to Italy this year so am booking, hopefully a back to back for nect year from San Juan:D

Not sure about the Adventure but we sailed Serenade out of San Juan....

Early seating (usually at 6:00) was at 5:30.

Late seating (Usually at 8:00) was at 8:30.

Muster was in between the two seatings..... from 7:30 to 8:30 (didnt take that long)

Sailaway was at 10 p.m.

Hi karen - I am booking soon for July 2008. I think I am going to make myself anf eveyone round me stir crazy coming on these boards every day till now. We went on the Mariner last year and or going to Italy this year so am booking, hopefully a back to back for nect year from San Juan:D

Oh, so you will be effected by the new schedule change. I promise I can post when I get back. We sail this May 13. We won't hear from the 5/6 cruisers,as we are going into PR a day early. I promise to let you guys know!

Karen

Thank you Karen. Hope you have a fabuolus time. Which itinerary are you going on?

Is the AOS exactly the same as Marinerof the Seas? We hope to book the same room as on the Mariner.:)

There are differences between AOS and Mariner, Adventure is the last in the 1st series of Voyager class ships and Mariner is the last in the 2ns series. Check out www.voyager-class.com for more info

There are differences between AOS and Mariner, Adventure is the last in the 1st series of Voyager class ships and Mariner is the last in the 2ns series. Check out www.voyager-class.com for more info

Thank you for that it really helped - I presumed that there was a Chops on AOS as there was on Mariner. The room I was lokking at looks the same on both. Do you know if AOS looks tired compared to Mariner as it is older or have they kept it well?

Thank you Karen. Hope you have a fabuolus time. Which itinerary are you going on?

Is the AOS exactly the same as Marinerof the Seas? We hope to book the same room as on the Mariner.:)

This time we are doing the Aruba route, we did the other in 1993 (slt. different ports - Martinique, Antigua, and Barbados). I've never been on the AOS, but I am planning on visiting Portofino's one night. I did enjoy Chop's on the Mariner. Never made it to Portofino's on Mariner (but did go on the Explorer!) I really like the Voyager class ships. It'll be fun to downsize in Nov. though. I recall they were very comfortable,intimate ships.

Karen

Lucky you with 2 cruises booked - you won't feel soooo sad when you get of AOS with another to look forward to. I look forward to reading your review. Portofinos is certainly worth the xtra - we looved it on the Mariner.

I was in 6574 in late February. The balcony divider between my room and my cousin in 6572 was a frosted heavy glass. We had to put our heads around the railing to see each other, or look thru the cracks where the glass was attached to the metal. I would say it was semi-private. We could hear their voices when they were out there if our door was open. You could also see their light if it was on at night. The other side was heavy steel hull. My other cousin was in 6570...they had steel on both sides. I think it just depends on where you are located.

There are hair dryers in the cabins. The one in ours (center drawer of desk) was not powerful, and you had to hold down a button the entire time you were blow drying your hair. A lady I met at the Meet & Mingle complained about it, and her room steward gave her another one.

Archived