thalosso: Mercury vs. Millie

ATLfuzzy

Hi

I fell in love with Celebrity 5 years ago on Mercury, one of the reasons was the thalossotherapy (probably spelled wrong) pool. I'll be on Millie in a few months, and I know that there is no charge for the thalosso pool; however it appears much larger than the one on Mercury.

On Mercury, the smallish pool was like a super jacuzzi; very active waters. Is there much bubbling action (like a jacuzzi) on the one on Millie, or because it is larger, is it more like a warm swimming pool?

Thanks for the input. Either way, I'll enjoy it, I love the warm sea water.

Hi

I fell in love with Celebrity 5 years ago on Mercury, one of the reasons was the thalossotherapy (probably spelled wrong) pool. I'll be on Millie in a few months, and I know that there is no charge for the thalosso pool; however it appears much larger than the one on Mercury.

On Mercury, the smallish pool was like a super jacuzzi; very active waters. Is there much bubbling action (like a jacuzzi) on the one on Millie, or because it is larger, is it more like a warm swimming pool?

Thanks for the input. Either way, I'll enjoy it, I love the warm sea water.

I guess the best way to put it is that if the T pool on Mercury is like a super jacuzzi, the T pool on Millie is like a broken jacuzzi. Mercury,' T pool is MUCH more invigorating. Having said that, the T pool area on M class ships has a much nicer atmosphere. You should enjoy both, but my preference is on the C class ships.

I loved both experiences but preferred the Millennium because of the size and lack of crowding. Always lots of room, lovely lounge chair area not clustered around the pool and, of course, the Aqua Spa dining facility which has great, healthy food, good service and is a lovely alternative dining option.

We sailed the Mille a couple of years ago and just got off the Mercury.

The Mille T-pool and area was wonderful--quiet, relaxing, food right there--and the locker rooms are super--sauna w/huge window, showers, elegant feel. We really enjoyed watching the 60-something couples body surfing in the T-pool when the ship was pitching one day...what fun! Don't miss the top floor of the nearby conservatory, also.

The T-pool on the Mercury was tucked away in the front in the spa area. Didn't go in, but the view looked nice. The locker room (ladies, at least) also had a sauna and nifty hot(!) showers with drenching cool water spout on the side. Locker room is free--leave your sea card in exchange for a locker key. Lot of big, fluffy towels and the lotion smelled great.

Both are nice ways to pamper yourself without the spa costs.

Enjoy!

They are not the same at all--one is a hydrotherapy pool to which they add special mineral salts. There are stations that provide great hydrotherapy/massage. The area is more limited in access & there is a quite, relaxing therapeutic enviironment. On M class the pools are big tubs with a few nice jets & the slatted/roller loungers but better than nothing. The area also is not so quiet esp when many are in the space chatting--bad acoustics. Wish they had left it on the Century.

Archived