Favorite NON-director on staff

meyerhaus

On our recent Golden cruise there were 2 members of the director's staff that were just wonderful:
[list=1]
[*]Kelly (Deputy) - Must have been English...he was a tiny little keg of dynomite! He taught the line dancing class that was hilarious!
[*]Sly (Senior Assistant) - I think that he too was British, but I never did get a good look at his name badge. His accent was a little different.
[/list]How about you?

I don't really know what director's staff is, I assume it is the cruise director's staff and that would be the people who do the entertainment. If it is not, sorry, disregard my opinion.

On the Golden my whole family loved someone from Portugal and we think his name was Mario. He was a riot when we did trivia. Very personable. There was also an Aussie who we thought was very funny. My son imitates "Mario's" sneaky method of giving away the answer in the question. We were just cracking up and thoroughly enjoyed our short time with him. His kindness seemed totally genuine.

I have to agree about Kelly. He's been on two of our cruises so far and we hope to see him as a CD someday. We also liked getting to know Robyn (was on the Island in March)--She was amazing with the older passengers and she was a lot of fun in all of the activities. Overall we liked most of the CD staff on the Island (Kelly, Robyn, Tyrone, Kent, Josh, Sam and Erin). They made a great team.

Sly is French Canadian and he told me his parents don't cruise much as their English is spotty.Robyn is an absolute sweetheart.She was getting off in May in her home town of Vancouver.We were with her on 2 cruises and the second was like old home week.Hope to see her again soon.

I have just remembered Kelly from a cruise on the Grand (summer 2002) -- he said his last name was Robinson and kidded that he was Ann ("you are the weakest link") Robinson's son. You're right, he was hilarious - a dry, sarcastic, British humor.
:D :p :)

[QUOTE] "[b][color=black]Good old Stu" on Diamond, really nice wife works in Sterling too.[/color][/b] [/QUOTE] [font='Bookman Old Style']You mean Old Man – or Old Mean, depending on how you look at it – Stu? I can tell you some horror stories about him.[/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style'][/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style'][/font][font='Bookman Old Style']Frankie Verroca – currently Deputy Cruise Director on Star Princess. One of the best.[/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style'][/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style'][/font][font='Bookman Old Style']I have another, but he's my secret.[/font]

Well I already agreed about Kelly, but now someone has mentioned Frankie and he was also very good. He was the assistant CD on the Grand a couple of summers ago. I thought he was funny (silly humor, but fun), but most of all he is a gentleman. He roped my husband into a contest and when it was all over he made a point of thanking everyone individually for participating and adding to the fun of the evening. My husband is shy and this was a big deal...

Archived