Just back from Majesty 3/30-4/2...Will answer any and all quesitons!!!

Is majesty's dining room a single floor? Are the table sizes mixed just like other ships? How big of a table did you sit at? It's sure getting close for me! Can't wait to take this "cruise pill" to get me through till '08

they are 2 separate dining rooms on levels 3 and 4.....there are different size tables.....saw tables of 2, 4, 6 and 8....I sat at a tabel of 8 and loved it!!

I know the anticipation can kill....but hopefully it goes fast!!!

We are going on the Majesty May 11. On formal night did all the men have Dinner Jackets on or did some come with shirt and Tie?

I honestly didn't notice.

I was at Guest Services when a woman came up and said she had a problem . . . they forgot to pack a necktie. Would that be a problem for formal night. The gentleman behind the counter told her not to worry about it

Many came w/ no sport coat or tie. This is a much more relaxed formal night than on a 7 night cruise. I only wore slacks and a nice dress shirt.

We are going on the Majesty May 11. On formal night did all the men have Dinner Jackets on or did some come with shirt and Tie?

Just got back from the Majesty of the Seas from a 3 night 4 day cruise to Coco Cay and Nassau, Bahamas!! This was m7 7th cruise, 6th with RCI!!! Had a great time!!! A review will be forthcoming!! In the mean time, I will answer any and all questions you may have!!

Craig from NJ

My group would like to know how formal is formal night? We are trying to fly with carry-on's. Would a shirt and tie work? No suit jacket??

Thanks

We were on the Jan. 8 Majesty cruise, the one that started with a bang! (For those of you who don't remember, or did not watch CNN, FOX News, etc. that day), Captain Ron Holmes handled that situation excellently. There was a bomb scare on the pier (this being the day after they had a problem with that Iraqi truck driver at the port of Miami). The computer at the loading dock smelled explosives on a pallet about to be loaded on board. The ship went into lock down, all passengers ordered inside. Gangway disconnected. More helicopters in the sky since Vietnam. The helicopters soon vacated because FAA declared us a no fly zone (That's not good news). Captain Holmes kept us well informed and advised us regularly of the situation. He kept us very calm. As it turned out, it was a false alarm. The police bomb squad dogs were correct, computer wrong. Talked to him later about the incident and he shrugged it off as just part of the job. His biog in the Majesty Compass tells most of it. He's done just about everything, everywhere, on any kinda ship. What I'm trying to say here, is that Captain Holmes showed his experience and expertise under extreme pressure from possible terrorism. Would love to sail with him again, anywhere, anytime.

Rick and Deirdra

Domb, what was the view like from your cabin? Deck 8 is obstructed view, was it really bad? I've seen 1 pic from another poster and it wasn't so bad from that pic. Only the bottom of the life boats covering a bit of the top of window. Is that how yours was?

Very nice review, can't wait for day 3. We are going on the 4 night on Majesty April 30. I've only been on one other cruise, so still not sure what to expect.

We will be on that sailing too... Can't wait! Looking forward to swimming with the dolphins in Nassau :)

Archived