Driving to Port Canaveral

MrsPhoenix

First time Cruiser here...

Hubby & I and our 12 year old girl (by then) are planning to take a 4 night Disney Cruise to Nassau & the private island in 2009. Has anyone ever DRIVEN to their port (we live in Toledo, OH)??:confused:

Driven several times..very easy to find..not much traffic in t he port area...highly recommend the Raddisso Resort at the Port. for a night before st ay. Can park t here free and free shutt le to port.

pbscab, I know I can look this up and will before we leave....but... does 95 go right into the Cocoa Beach/ Cape canaveral?

will it be complicated to get from 95 to the Radisson at the Port?

Thanks again

erin

pbscab, I know I can look this up and will before we leave....but... does 95 go right into the Cocoa Beach/ Cape canaveral?

will it be complicated to get from 95 to the Radisson at the Port?

Thanks again

erin

When you are coming down 95 look for the Beachline (520) and take it east to the port. Just past the port entrance on the right hand side is the Radisson.

Driving is a piece of cake. Tell me where you will be coming from and I will show you the way.

We'll be driving from Toledo, Ohio. Toledo is an hour south from Detroit, Michigan (I-75). I know that I-75 is a straight shot into Florida...but that's all I know...And where can we park our minivan once we get there??

We'll be driving from Toledo, Ohio. Toledo is an hour south from Detroit, Michigan (I-75). I know that I-75 is a straight shot into Florida...but that's all I know...And where can we park our minivan once we get there??

Take 75 to North florida and get on I 10 east. Take that to Jacksonville to I 95 south. Come down to State road 520 called the beachline and go east. You cannot miss the port and you can park there for $12.00 a day. Many of the hotels will let you park for free with one nights stay. See my thread "I work in Port Canaveral" for more information.

It really easy to drive to the port, and parking is right next to the terminal, you will be able to unload the luggage, your spouse and your kids and then go park your car, and meet them back in the terminal, the Disney terminal is very nice, very clean, and very easy to navigate. We just went on a cruise in February and I miss it already

• 2 weeks later...

We drove to Port Canaveral from Fort Worth last Feb. on our cruise on the Glory. We parked in the parking terminal. Everything is quick and easy. We dropped our luggage off and then parked the car. Got our carry ons and walked across the street and got in line to process in. Do be aware that the highway from Orlando to Port Canaveral is a toll road. The total cost is about $6 but in increments of 75 cents to 1.25, so bring lots of change. We drove to Tallahassee the first night and then it was a 5 hour drive to Port Canaveral. We left Tallahassee at 5:45 a.m. and got to Port Canaveral at 10:30 a.m. Worked out great. It was a great road trip and would definitely do it again. :D TG23

Made the drive to POrt Canaveral from Virginia for our cruise on April 8th. Definitely a long, but very easy drive. Everything is clearly marked and easy to find. We got in 2 nights early and stayed at the Country Inn. It was really nice to have a day to relax in the sun and do the tourist thing before boarding the ship. We left our car at the Country Inn (no charge) and took their shuttle for $3pp each way. I was really concerned about getting off the ship and hitting the road quickly. We were off the Mariner, by 7 a.m. The shuttle was waiting for us, got back to the hotel, loaded the car and luggage racks, everyone did a last potty stop, gassed up the car and was on the road by 8! Will definitely do it this way again.

Im driving from Ohio in September as a matter of fact and going out this port.

Im planning on a 2 day drive from the Cinn area. where I expect to be staying, or Columbus.

I booked 3 nights in Orlando and then will go out the port the next morning. Its only about 1 hour from Orlando.

We live in Pensacola and have driven to Port Canaveral via I-10 to I-95. We will be going again this summer and AAA trip tick says it is about 25 minutes faster to go I-75 South to the Florida Turnpike (toll road) into Orlando and then take the Beeline expressway straight into Port Canaveral. I still haven't decided which route I'll take, but the hotels in Orlando seem much cheaper and we might stop there for the night. It is only about an hour from the port. I just don't know if I want to fight Orlando traffic on a Friday night.

Archived