Mexican cruise

curiser2

Hey all you cruisers, Just got back in March on My first cruise, and wanted to take the kids on a summer cruise, if we go to mexico we can save airfare what is the weather like verses the caribbean. We live in the valley so summer around here is about 100 to 109 degrees. We like to hang out on the beaches, swim and snorkle and relax. Went on the Grand Princess but thought we would try Carnival this time> Any advice would help!!! Thanks so much!!!

Mexico in the summer (June thru Sept) is very, very, hot and very, very, humid. Too hot for me, but since you're from the valley you may be able to take it. We go to Mazatlan 2 weeks every November, just about perfect weather. And we cruise to Mexico every Jan and it's great then too. But, of course you never know about weather!

Thanks so much for a quick answer,:) Hot weather does not brother me, I don't want it to rain. I hear it rains in the summer months. My DH and I just got back in March on the Grand, we went to the Westren Caribbean so Maybe we should take the kids to the Southern. We have one booked next March for the 2 of us on Princness new ship. To the Eastern. Thanks for your help!!! What about Hurricans in the summer months?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hello neighbor curiser2! I'm from Porterville. "hot" weather doesn't bother me either....but the humidity when we sailed the Pride in September about killed me! A block away from the ship and I was drenched! The Pride goes to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. Look in my signature and there is a link to my Pride website. There are several reviews there and some pics. I'll be adding some more pics this week so keep checking back.

Vicky

I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEAL TO GO IN JULY SOUNDS TO HUMID. I LIVE IN EXETER SMALL WORLD:p SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO? I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE CARIBBEAN BECAUSE JULY IS HURRICAN SEASON, BUT THAT'S WHEN MY KIDS ARE ON BREAK AND WE REALLY WANT TO TAKE THEM ON A CRUISE> THANKS SO MUCH,

TRACY:cool:

I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEAL TO GO IN JULY SOUNDS TO HUMID. I LIVE IN EXETER SMALL WORLD:p SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO? I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE CARIBBEAN BECAUSE JULY IS HURRICAN SEASON, BUT THAT'S WHEN MY KIDS ARE ON BREAK AND WE REALLY WANT TO TAKE THEM ON A CRUISE> THANKS SO MUCH,

TRACY:cool:

There is another CCer from Exeter on the boards. David1968, if I remember his handle correctly. He doesn't post often but I've seen him recently.

As far as your cruise that's up to you. If you don't think the humidty would bother you then go for Mexico. I'm a BBW and it KILLED me. Have you thought about an Alaskan cruise?

wE LIKE TO HANG OUT ON THE BEACHES AND MY KIDS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME REALLY BLUE AND WARM WATER THIS WILL BE THERE FIRST. THANKS TRACY

I've never been to the Caribbean.....I hear that the water is bluer than Mexico.....but Mexico is definitely better than let's say Pismo!!! That's the first thing I noticed when I got up on Monday morning and went to my balcony...how blue the water was! If you're going to be in the water most of the time in the ports then you'll probably be ok. And not having to fly would be a definite advantage also. How old are your kids? The pirate ship that I took in PV at night offers a "more family type" excursion during the day. It's a neat ship to be on......

Mexico in the summer (June thru Sept) is very, very, hot and very, very, humid. Too hot for me, but since you're from the valley you may be able to take it. We go to Mazatlan 2 weeks every November, just about perfect weather. And we cruise to Mexico every Jan and it's great then too. But, of course you never know about weather!

hardel, are you planning on going on a cruise in January of '08? You should join us on the Spirit...January 9th. :)

We wanted to take the kids this summer the ages are 21, 17, 18, 5 yes and don't ask me what I was thinking on the last one. We already have a Cruise booked just my dh and I on the new EMERALD :D PRINCESS ON MARCH 5TH 2008 THE WATER IN THE CARIBBEAN IS UNBELIEVEABLE WHEN I WENT OUT ON THE BALCONY THE FIRST TIME I COULD NOT BELIVE MY EYES. PISMO BEACH WHERE I LIVE Is SO COLD AND UGLY:confused: :confused:

We did a mexican rivera cruise 3 summers ago on RC in august with our 4 kids and loved it. Is was very hot and humid but we spent alot of time in the water so stayed cool. The only time it was really bad for us was in Cabo and we didnt have an excursion planned and didnt go in the ocean. We were a bit miserable so went back to the ship, put on our suits and hit the pool. The kids loved it and we didnt pay the high price for air fare. It did rain one evening in PV. We were able to do activites during the day. After dinner we wanted to go back into town and it rained to hard. But the lightning storm at sea that night was really spectacular! We are trying Carnival out this summer and doing the same itenerary in July.

I have never cruise the carribean. sometime we really wnat to but the airfare for 6 is almost as much as the cruise! will have to wait untill a couple fly the coop!

What ever you choose I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Marion:)

cruiser2

I just saw in you last post you mentioned Pismo. We lived in Santa Maria (Orcutt) for years before moving to San diego. We absolutly love it there! We are goin up this week for spring break to visit and go quad on the dunes. The water may not be as blue and pretty as the Carribean but it has it's own charm! :)

Thanks so much well I think we will do the same in July, any ideal on how to book rooms for the 7 of us.and are you going from long beach? we only have to drive 2 hours to get on the boat> Thanks and have a wonderful time on your cruise!!:D Tracy

Tracy,

We are going out of Long Beach On July 15. It' only about 2 hours for us too. I think we'll go up the night before and do the aquarium with the kids.

And they have never been opn the Queen Mary so will probably do that too. We booked through a TA. I think a TA or a carnival rep could help you find the right cabins for 7. Ours found us 2 balcony cabins but because we needed one to sleep 3 we couldnt get adjoing. The kids are old enough that I feel okay with that. I also heard that you can remove the balcony partition and go in and out of the rooms that way.

We love Pismo. I can hardly wait to go to Steamers and have a lemon drop this weekend! It's been a couple of years since we've been up so it will be a real treat.

Have fun planning. It's almost as much fun as the cruise! Almost!

don't get me wrong....I love Pismo too.........but the water is way different than in Mexico! We went to Santa Cruz this past weekend. I hadn't been there since I was a kid. Took my kids (all teenagers). We had a blast! More expensive than a trip to Pismo but worth it.

We did the Caribbean in August for our first cruise and it was hot, but with water focused excursions in the ports it was not unbearable. The water is beautiful too.

I had always heard that Mexico is pretty bad in summer and when I read Vicky's (Smoocruise) review last year about her September cruise that just sealed the deal for me on not cruising Mexico in Summer. We are going in late October this year and I bet that will be bad enough.

As a side note...my opinion in the difference between the water colors of the Caribbean and the Mexico cruise... The Caribbean water is more turquoise...the pacific is more of a deep blue. Both are blue, just different shades.

Smooo, I guess it's been too long since my last Pismo visit. I'm feeling a bit homesick and can hardly wait to be up there. :)

Pacurn,

Happy Easter right back at you. La mesa is right over the hill. We live on the extreme west side of Ramona so we avoid the major traffic through town in the morning and evening. Best of both worlds. Country living and only minutes away form everything!

I agree with eveyone about the blue of the water. although i have never been to the carribean I have seem beautiful turquiose blue waters in Hawaii and the South Pacific and it is amazing. Mexican waters are a dark rich blue that holds it's own beauty too.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

We're thinking of flying over from Florida next April to do the Mexican Riveria for a change of pace from Caribbean. Will probably take Princess as it looks like the only one that leaves on Saturdays, so even if we spend a night after, will still be able to fly back across the country on Sunday,

Mexican Riviera cruise is great. Water is not as blue or warm as the Caribbean. We sailed in April with a balcony and could not enjoy the balcony because it was too cool and windy. We went another time in June and it was hot but much more enjoyable for us as the heat does not bother us.....

Tracy,

I hope July will be okay because we're going! You should book on the 15 and join us! I think as long as you are prepared that it will be hot and humid some of the time you''ll be fine.

Archived