Please Help - Need your opinion on Royal Caribbean Ships & Itineraries

Took my first cruise in February, 2007 on Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean Itinerary w/ hubby and 2 teenage sons (16 & 17). We had a great time.

Would like to plan another cruise for next February and would like to try Royal Caribbean. Looking to do a Southern Carribean Cruise on either Seranade of the Seas to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, & Barbados or Adventure of the Seas to Aruba, Curaco, St. Martin, & St. Thomas.

Which ship and itinerary would you pick and why? Are both of these ships great for teenagers? Thanks for your help.

Which ship and itinerary would you pick and why? Are both of these ships great for teenagers? Thanks for your help.

Both ships are extremely popular and February is a great time to cruise either one of them.

IMO, you should pick the Adventure if you are taking teenagers. It's a bigger ship and it has the ice skating, Promenade, etc.

Took my first cruise in February, 2007 on Carnival Miracle - Western Caribbean Itinerary w/ hubby and 2 teenage sons (16 & 17). We had a great time.

Would like to plan another cruise for next February and would like to try Royal Caribbean. Looking to do a Southern Carribean Cruise on either Seranade of the Seas to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, & Barbados or Adventure of the Seas to Aruba, Curaco, St. Martin, & St. Thomas.

been on adventure with 2 teens

they loved food -royal promenade -balcony

loved curacao st thomas coki beach

video arcade

mini-golf and skating

lots of activities on board

warmest places are in southern carib

either one you will love!!!

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Which ports do you prefer? How does the pricing compare between the two? Adventure has the ice skating rink and is bigger. Both ships have the rock wall, mini golf and a ton of other things for teenagers to do.

Serenade has more glass and open views than the Adventure. I have been on the Explorer (Sister ship to Adventure) and the Brilliance (Sister ship to Serenade) you can find the links to pictures of both these ships in my signature.

Hope this help....a little! Have fun in whichever you choose!!!!

I would probably go with a Voyager class ship, especially since you'll be bringing teens.

The Promenade is pretty much the heart of the ship. There's a 24 hour cafe', Ben and Jerry's, several bars/pubs, and always seems to be something happening there. (evenings there are musicians, and they have parades a few nights.) Here's a picture I found on Webshots...

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2416695910050360393sNHtpf

I was on the Serenade in February - LOVED IT!!! Going on the Adventure in January 2008 because we'll have some teenage family members w/us and I think it's better for families than the Serenade (If you're gonna split hairs:D ). You can't go wrong w/the Southern Itinerary.

Laura

Hi Killafee, I am so confused. I like the Serenade because it is newer than the Adventure and does seem a bit smaller and elegant than the Adventure. I also like the itinerary a little more.

Since the Adventure has a promenade does that make it more appealing than the Serenade? Also, do both ships have a disco that teens can go to up until around 11:00 at night? Please help me make the right decision and thanks in advance.

nuts and bolts 2 very differently organized ships 2 seperate feels.

The royal inside promeande is a super place to hang in general. It was crowded only when they were doing "special events" parades, meet and greets, dances etc. otherwise it gave u that feeeling of hardly being on a ship, while you were on the prom.

The SOS however is a very elegantly designed ship with a really old world yacht feeling. lots of brass and wood classy. but more closed in and not so much open space. both have places for teens to hang. the inside prom would probably feel more like home for teens as it would feel like hanging in the mal with your peeps.

I would think that it would also make teens feel safer than walking the long hallways u sometimes have to just to get from a-b on the SOS type ship

Archived