Bermuda/Canada weather in August?

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of booking a cruise this August, I know the caribbean weather is iffy (hurricanes) but I'm not sure how Bermuda or Canada would be, does anyone know? I'm not really concerned where I will be sailing as much as I want to go RCI & since I'm not flying I think my best choice is the Explorer.

Thanks,

Susan

hi,

my daughter has lived in bermuda for three years and i know it's hot and also humid in august. it's also an amazing place to visit. very beautiful and great beaches.

we live in toronto, canada and it's also hot in august 80s and 90s. cruise ports are east of toronto, usually quebec, nova scotia and newfoundland. been to all in august and found temps to be from mid 70's to mid 90's.

hope this helps.

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of booking a cruise this August, I know the caribbean weather is iffy (hurricanes) but I'm not sure how Bermuda or Canada would be, does anyone know? I'm not really concerned where I will be sailing as much as I want to go RCI & since I'm not flying I think my best choice is the Explorer.

Thanks,

Susan

You never know with the weather but 2 years ago we did canada the last week in July and it was pretty cool in the mornings around 65 or so and only warmed up to about 72 and every morning was pretty foggy though that did burn off pretty quickly.

We did Bermuda last year in between two hurricanes and the weather though breezy (not windy) was spectacular, so you never know. Book the cruise and just be prepared for any changes they might need to make due to weather and have a blast, I loved the Explorer and you can see pictures of the Bermuda cruise in the link in my signature.

Thanks,

Susan

Hi there, I live in Saint John NB, Canada - a place you will visit if you take the EOS Canadian cruise. Be prepared for extremes really, especially late in August. The first couple of weeks tend to be warm and dry with the risk of fog and damp mornings that could stretch into the day. Late August the fog tends to decrease but the cool morning weather begins to get a hold on things.

Long story short - pack sweaters and shorts and T's cuz ya just never know. BTW, If you're looking for a good shore excursion try St Martins - quaint little fishing village with wonderful seafood.

We're looking forward to seeing the EOS. We sailed on her twice (04 Western Carib - 06 Bermuda) so its nice to see this beautiful ship in our backyard. I generally take lots of pics and jealously anticipate our next cruise.

As you can see by my sig line, we expected to cruise to Bermuda the last week of July 2005 and at 11 PM the night prior to departure they changed the itinerary to Canada due to TS Franklin blocking our path. Since most of the passengers were either asleep or traveling to NJ for departure at that time, most had only packed for Bermuda in the summer.

I was nice and sunny as we sailed north, but once we pased Boston, things got cold foggy -- and stayed that way near the coast, at the docks and on the ship until our return 4 days later. The foghorn sounded every night -- all night.

But, St. John was a great place to visit - extremely friendly people 9even for Canadian standards), and once we got inland to kayak on the St. John river it was warm and sunny, but remained foggy, damp and cold at the pier. That didn't stop us from sampling the local version of Moosehead beer, of course. First purchase in Canada? Four fleece sweatshirts!

Halifax was a frozen dinner served up in the form of tourists as we visited Peggy's Cove -- you might say it was a life chattering (as in our teeth) experience.

Basically, when the relative humidity is high, we feel the temperature more. Humid days in the summer feel hotter than dry days with the same temps. Damp days in the fall feel colder than dry ones. It's because the humidity sticks to your skin. So, the potential difference between humid Bermuda and damp Canada can feel even more extreme than the numbers might indicate.

Just keep an eye on the weather reports and if there's even a chance that something is brewing between a northeast port and Bermuda, pack extra clothes now, or buy more later.

Ron

It can frequently be hot and humid in Bermuda in August, but the way weather conditions have been lately, I wouldn't count out much of anything.:) We have found that the weather in NB and NS is frequently the same or quite similar to what we experience in Boston, only perhaps a day or two later. If you dress in layers you should be able to adapt to whatever weather conditions you encounter, and I would definitely pack shorts and swimwear in case you encounter a hot spell.:)

Hi there, I live in Saint John NB, Canada - a place you will visit if you take the EOS Canadian cruise. Be prepared for extremes really, especially late in August. The first couple of weeks tend to be warm and dry with the risk of fog and damp mornings that could stretch into the day. Late August the fog tends to decrease but the cool morning weather begins to get a hold on things.

Long story short - pack sweaters and shorts and T's cuz ya just never know. BTW, If you're looking for a good shore excursion try St Martins - quaint little fishing village with wonderful seafood.

We're looking forward to seeing the EOS. We sailed on her twice (04 Western Carib - 06 Bermuda) so its nice to see this beautiful ship in our backyard. I generally take lots of pics and jealously anticipate our next cruise.

I have to agree with you, also being from SJ, the weather is constently changing here. Sunny one minute, then foggy and cool the next, although a lot of times it warms up a bit when you go outside the city juat a bit.

Thanks,

Susan

we were in bermuda last august 13 for a week cruise and the weather was warm and dry very mediteranean

the sea was beautiful

crossing wonderful

loved tobacco bay /church bay/ achilles bay

I've been to both Bermuda and Nova Scotia in August. Bermuda was very hot and very humid-- not unlike NJ, where I live, that time of year. The day I left for my Canadian cruise, it was approaching 100 degrees in NY... but when we got to Nova Scotia, it was clear and in the 70s-- a welcome respite from the heat that time of year!

we were in bermuda last august 13 for a week cruise and the weather was warm and dry very mediteranean

the sea was beautiful

crossing wonderful

loved tobacco bay /church bay/ achilles bay

The port is Saint John, New Brunswick not St. John's USVI. How I wish we had their weather!!!!!

Actually Saint John is a city with extreme temps - you can't plan on hot weather but we are quite often pleasantly surprised. Aug and Sept can be beautiful months for travelers.

As other posters have said, bring a warm sweater in case but hope you don't need it.

I live in central Canada but have spent many summers in the Nova Scotia. The weather is variable. For Ontario/Quebec, I find usually the weather is warm/hot and humid in early August (for about the first week, maybe two). After that, things start to cool down (60's and 70's F instead of 80's/90's). Nova Scotia has been really hot and cold for us. It could be 70's - 80's or as low as the 50's. You'll find the weather to be fine, just make sure you are prepared (bring some long pants and a sweater/jacket). You might want to pack a telescoping umbrella. Have a lovely time! (we always do). :)

As others have said, it can vary tremendously in NS/Canada!

Make SURE to check weather.com/s 10 day forecast before you sail. Bring stuff you can layer.

We sailed first week of Aug a few years ago and it was cold, rainy and foggy, the entire trip.

(We still had fun though.)

Archived