Where is the Captain's quarters

located on the ship? Surely she doesn't have a cabin on Deck 1 with the rest of the crew...or does she? Got to thinking about this when we were getting off in Ensenada. She came up from the first floor stairway and talked to my son as we waited to disembark. So I'm curious as to where her cabin would be located???

In their pockets?

I couldn't resist....

Actually, my wife and I were on the Celebrity Galaxy back in 2003 and had the opportunity to tour the bridge and see the captains quarters. It was located on the same deck as the bridge (which on that ship I think was deck 10). It was 2 good size rooms (equivalent to the size of about 3-4 standard cabins) one for living and the other for meetings (with a big meeting table and chairs). I expected it to be much more elaborate...but it was very ordinary....nothing really special. And it was smaller than I expected....but the bridge was very large. It was very uncluttered....a big space with very little in it.

If you saw her coming up from the 1st deck, she was probably talking to the Engineer or something. Most ships have the Captain, as well as the 1st and 2nd Mate on the same deck as, and close to the Bridge. Likewise the Engineering Crew will be down in the bilge, so to speak.

Sorry, my jr. high school Latin escapes me. It's been about 50 years ago. . .

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" ???

"(I will) find a way, or make one." Attributed to Hannibal, when asked how he was gonna get all those elephants over the Pyrennes and across a river.

thats what a Jesuit education will get you. lol

The ship captain has nothing to do with the crew cabin inspections on most ships, that is a staff captain. The staff captain still goes by Captain. Wonder if that is who she is? I had not heard RCI had a female ship captain.

RCI has mandatory crew cabin inspections on all the ships as well as other lines that do the same thing. If they do not have their cabins in order they are given a flag, which can prevent them from going ashore for so many sailings, depending.

(My hubby is crew on a ship)

located on the ship? Surely she doesn't have a cabin on Deck 1 with the rest of the crew...or does she? Got to thinking about this when we were getting off in Ensenada. She came up from the first floor stairway and talked to my son as we waited to disembark. So I'm curious as to where her cabin would be located???

DH and I were wondeing the same thing today. We figured the Captain wouldn't be down on level one with the rest of the crew and we figured s/he would be close to the bridge.

Captin Karin was a Staff Captain on the Majesty... before her promotion.... I would "bet" she did and will have "something" to do with inspections, etc... even if just giving the order(s) to her next in command. She is a delightful, friendly person... but bet she will run a "tight" ship... Making sure all her passengers and crew are safe... AND the passengers have nice cruises....

We were invited to the captain's quarters on the Splendour. It's how

Sabast describes it. It also has a kitchenette. He has a direct

route to the bridge from his cabin. It's not nearly as elaborate as

I expected it to be. The captain was very friendly and let us take

pictures while the staff served us drinks and dessert. It was a once

in a lifetime experience.

Archived