Mariott Marina, FLL in January '05 - $79

jrtmouse

I just screwed myself out of a REALLY good deal. I'd been trying get a 4* hotel in FLL for January 13-16 (mainly the Renaissance). I tried up to $85 and still no takers. So I thought I'd be sneaky and add the 3* and change the price to $79, hoping for an upgrade. Pretty much ended up with the Mariott Marina for $79/night. I guess compared to the regular price, it's a good deal. But when I'm seeing that people got their 3* for $50?!?!?! I'm not a happy camper!

Somebody tell me that the Mariott Marina is fine and that it will be okay at $79/night!

jrtmouse,

79.00 is a great rate for the Marriott Marina. You have to remember that January is high season not like now till December 15th which is low season. The going rate for the Marina at that time is 239.00 per night. Also the hotel is quite nice. Enjoy your stay.:)

I just screwed myself out of a REALLY good deal. I'd been trying get a 4* hotel in FLL for January 13-16 (mainly the Renaissance). I tried up to $85 and still no takers. So I thought I'd be sneaky and add the 3* and change the price to $79, hoping for an upgrade. Pretty much ended up with the Mariott Marina for $79/night. I guess compared to the regular price, it's a good deal. But when I'm seeing that people got their 3* for $50?!?!?! I'm not a happy camper!

Somebody tell me that the Mariott Marina is fine and that it will be okay at $79/night!

While your mistake cost might have cost a few bucks, or maybe not, it is still a good deal and the Marriot is fine. Some think it is better than the Renaissance despite the star ratings. I was bidding last week to get the Embassy Suites or Mariott in December. Got up to $75 and got the Renaissance.

Hi:) I know you said some people got the Marriott for 50.00? In January???

That is HIGH SEASON for FLL/Miami....

And personally, I think you got a great price...all the Marriotts are pricey..especially on the water...and in January!......

Renassiance is nice too...but I think you got a wonderful price and the Marriott Marina is a really nice property!

Actually, I just booked them for next month...no matter what month you book, they are a bit high.

I was going to stay along Las Olas Blvd....at the Riverside Hotel. Its right along Las Olas...but I decided I wanted to stay at the Marriott.....booked through the hotel and still got a good price.

I will be there on Sept 10th...I will be glad to post a review upon my return for you:).

I love the Marriott Marina! We stayed there in March, and I've decided that's my FLL home from now on. And I paid $100 per night, was happy with that, and would be happy with $100 at any time. So, your deal is great IMHO. I love the service there and the water taxi stop and walking around looking at $5 million yachts!!! Please don't let someone else's price determine your happiness. Also, check out the 15th Street Fisheries (one water taxi stop away) for dinner. They have an early dinner special (up to about 6 p.m.????) for about $15 for 3 or 4 courses. Cool.

Bill

If you get other 'bad' deals like this, please pass them to me!!! Just kidding....

The Marriott Marina is a great place to stay. We stayed there post-cruise, and plan on staying there on our next one. You will be happy with it. Be sure and take the water taxi, we treated it as our own personal post-cruise excursion and had a blast. http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

Hi!

Can you explain how you planned your bidding? I've been trying to get a good price on a hotel in FLL, would be happy with Embsaay Suites, Renaissance, Hyatt Pier 66, Marroitt Marina or Marriott Harbour Beach Resort. I have read biddingfor travel, etc. I think I have the "jist" of the bidding. Should I bid a bit more aggresively? I've usually been bidding $55.00 for a 4* in the Downtown area. When it gets rejected, I add the 3*, and keep my bid the same. Maybe I should just "bite the bullet" and bid the $79.00?

What are your thoughts?

Hi!

Can you explain how you planned your bidding? I've been trying to get a good price on a hotel in FLL, would be happy with Embsaay Suites, Renaissance, Hyatt Pier 66, Marroitt Marina or Marriott Harbour Beach Resort. I have read biddingfor travel, etc. I think I have the "jist" of the bidding. Should I bid a bit more aggresively? I've usually been bidding $55.00 for a 4* in the Downtown area. When it gets rejected, I add the 3*, and keep my bid the same. Maybe I should just "bite the bullet" and bid the $79.00?

What are your thoughts?

My suggestion is that you bid $55 in the downtown area for a three star. If that is rejected add Miramar which has no 3 or 4 stars so it is a free bid, and bid $65. If that is rejected, add Pompano which will be another free bid and bid $75.

Hi:) I stayed at Amerisuites in May 2003~I thought it was fine! Lots of folks have different opinions......but I had no problems. I drove down, they let me keep my car on their lot for free for the week...they had a free shuttle to the peir as well and offered a free breakfast. It wasn't a 5 star breakfast...but they had cereal, fruit, waffles, coffee, juice, and the rooms were clean.....and its just off of 17th Street..near all the restaurants etc.

I am flying down this time and chose to pay a bit more to stay at the Marriott Marina....but that was just a treat I am giving myself:)

TRIXIEE- I had been bidding for a 4* hotel for a few weeks but with no luck. I started at $50 and went up to $80. Then I read a few stories about people bidding for 3* ($50) and Priceline upgrading them to 4*. Supposedly, that was the logic I used when bidding $79 for a 3 or 4* hotel, thinking an upgrade would occur due to the dollar amount.

WAZANOKIE - I guess I was just bummed because I've read about others getting 3* hotels for $50 and as long as I had won a 3* I wanted to pay what eveyone else was paying. But yes, I guess it's still a great deal. Oh well.

Overall, I guess I'm just ahppy that I was able to get a hotel in FLL in January for under $100. I read somewhere that hotels were booking up fast so I needed to jump.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance! And I have read great thing about the Marina. So it will be fine.

Archived