Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Very nice. It is right across from the beach. They have a skywalk so you don't have to worry about traffic. They also have a nice marina with the Jungle Queen, which is kischy but fun, snorkling and scuba boats, and a fishing rental fleet.

The International Swimming Hall of Fame and Pool are within walking distance. Although the pool is hardly state of the art now, there are some nice meets there and anyone can swim there for a slight fee.

The beach across has cataramans and parasailing. There are also some nice cantinas close by. It should cost you no more than 15-20 bucks from the airport and 12 to the port by cab.

Enjoy

Heather

We just used the Hampton Inn Suites and I was pleased. Free HOT breakfast everymorning, free trans to and from airport, free trans to and from port.

Rooms were nice with the BEST bathroom I have ever seen in a regular hotel room. The shower was huge, you could fit 5 adults in it. ;)

We booked at150 a night, but it came to 175 a night with taxes included.

That's nice to hear about the Hampton Inn. I just booked that hotel this morning for our Nov 29th sailing on the Navigator. Most important to me were the shuttles to/from Airport and to/from Port.

With the DH Federal Employee Discount it was really reasonable $129/nite.

Very nice. It is right across from the beach. They have a skywalk so you don't have to worry about traffic. They also have a nice marina with the Jungle Queen, which is kischy but fun, snorkling and scuba boats, and a fishing rental fleet.

The International Swimming Hall of Fame and Pool are within walking distance. Although the pool is hardly state of the art now, there are some nice meets there and anyone can swim there for a slight fee.

The beach across has cataramans and parasailing. There are also some nice cantinas close by. It should cost you no more than 15-20 bucks from the airport and 12 to the port by cab.

Enjoy

Heather

Glad to hear that it's a nice place. Since my flight will be landing in the afternoon, I'm thinking we will have time to check in, do a little sight seeing and have Dinner. Do you recommend taking a Water Taxi? Is it walking distance from the Hotel? What popular restaurant is near the Bahia Mar Hotel? Sorry if I ask too many questions. :D

We got the Renaissance for $113 plus tax on hotwire. We loved it...very close to port.

Last April for our Panama Cruise, we got put way out by the Airport and had to hang around all day. We didn't leave for the Terminal til 1 PM. made for a long dull day. Our Hotel got switched after we got our Doc's so didn't know it until we arrived at airport , told our bus driver our Hotel and he said No sorry half of you are going here. All in all we arrived and were on the ship in 30 min.

My "cruise crew" and I stayed at the Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport on State Road 84. Comfortable, clean, free breakfast buffet included (with anything you can imagine), restaurant and bar on-site, and an outdoor pool. Only drawback is that there are no elevators, and it's a two-story hotel; however, if you need luggage assistance, you need only call the bellhop and they come right away.

Glad to hear that it's a nice place. Since my flight will be landing in the afternoon, I'm thinking we will have time to check in, do a little sight seeing and have Dinner. Do you recommend taking a Water Taxi? Is it walking distance from the Hotel? What popular restaurant is near the Bahia Mar Hotel? Sorry if I ask too many questions. :D

I believe the water taxi stops in the Bahia Mar marina. I recommend taking it up to Las Olas and walking around there. I can also recommend a small little local place called the Casablanca. It is about a mile or so up the beach from Bahia Mar. If you are in good shape and like to walk, I recommend it. You can't take a water taxi there.

If you really like kischy, take a cab to the Mai Kai. It is a Hawaiian place straight out of the 1950's. Dinner and a show cost about 40 but they always have coupons in the visitor magazines. Even stopping in for a Mai Tai at their bar is great. Waterfalls, birds and tiki glasses.

If you have kids, you got to do the Jungle Queen dinner cruise. Bad barbque and alligator wrestling for about 10. They do a guided tour and you get to gawk at the rich peoples homes on the New River. You pick it up right at the Bahia Mar marina.

I also have a friend who does an evening catamaran cruise. No food, but you can buy a drink package, sit back and watch the sunset. That also leaves from Bahia Mar.

Shula's steakhouse in at the Yankee Trader on the beach.

They are opening three or four new hotels on the beach soon, so there may be more choices. Also the Beach Place has a ton of resturants, Lulu's Bait Shop, the Palm Grille, Hooters, Howl at the Moon, an Irish pub and a few other places.

Dress here is very much shirts and shorts, except for the finer places. Then a collared shirt may be appropriate.

Have fun.

We loved the Embassy suites. Great room...lots of room...nice and clean...fun happy hour...great free breakfast.....free shuttle to the pier. Good location to shopping and restaurants...we enjoyed a busride right outside giving us a tour of the beach area and shopping too.

Wish all our cruises left from there....we enjoyed ourselves here...well worth the money!

have fun whatever you decide!

brockmom

be sure to eat at the seafood restaurant across the street. Great food!!!!

It's a good thing we are only gonna be in Ft. Lauderdale for one night. All of the recommendations for restaurants that have been posted here sound great, but all of the work one puts into staying in shape could go out the window real quick. I've gotta save a few calories for the cruise! ha ha

Now you know why I run:D

Bring you running gear. The run along Ft. Lauderdale beach is beautiful and quite safe. It is patrolled 24 hours a day. Nothing like a sunrise run on the beach.

Now you know why I run:D

Bring you running gear. The run along Ft. Lauderdale beach is beautiful and quite safe. It is patrolled 24 hours a day. Nothing like a sunrise run on the beach.

I will definitely be brining my running shoes. I would ask you to go running with me, but I'm not sure if I can keep up with you. haha I do other types of cardio besides running these days. Have IT Band issues since I ran a marathon in 2003. I'm probably good for a mile or two before it starts to bother me. I usually workout in the gym for an hour, then go for an hour bike ride. A lot less stressful on the legs.

Archived