Which wrap for this dress?

MINIjen

I bought this dress for our upcoming cruise (June 1st to Alaska)

300106660.jpg

I want to buy some sort of wrap for it. Which of these would look best? I also plan to wear this to a wedding so keep that in mind too.

1_38395_FS.jpg

Black Knit Shrug

1_39272_FS.jpg

Black Chiffon Shawl

I vote for the shawl... that'd be really pretty. It's thin enough that it wouldn't overpower the strapless dress like the sweater thing would... that would look like two "seasons" of clothes, IMO.

I also don't get the whole "shrug" thing. I realize they're in fashion but they look like folks dried them on the wrong cycle and are just trying to keep their boobs warm!

What a beautiful dress! I would go with the shawl. It really would "dress up" the dress even more. :)

I second this opinion about the shawl. I have some shrugs but I use them for more casual outfits. :D

I like the look of the shawl better, especially for a wedding, but, if you're like me, I simply can't keep a shawl actually up and around my shoulders. Maybe I am slope-shouldered or have poor posture, or something.

If you have this problem and are wanting the wrap to actually stay warm, I'd go with the shrug. It does make the dress look more casual though. If keeping the shawl up is no problem, it looks much dressier.

Archived