Reporting from the Explorer of the Seas 4/22/07

Hi again, getting back to y'all on your questions. I'm not sure about the 5 nighter. We did it last May and I think the Ice Show always starts on the second night and runs a few nights/days. We are on the 7 night one and it started today... of course it was awsome as usual.

We saw a great singer last evening, Earl Turner. Be sure to check him out. We didn't go to any other shows yet.

Unfortunately we had some rough seas yesterday and I got a really bad case of sea sickness:( so I was out of commision for awhile until my Bonine kicked in. The boat was rocking pretty steadily and before I knew what hit me I was sick as a dog. Thank goodness it didn't last but a few hours, but I did miss the first formal night.

Food is excellent in both the dining room and Windjammer. And we did not eat at Portofino's but may do so some time this week. Our waiter said they do not have a "Carribean night" anymore but changed it to " Get out There Night".. same menu however, jerk chicken etc. and I think it is on Thursday evening. The party under the stars is Wednesday evening.

I will try to find out about the Champagne card and the prices for the Spa.

We went to Belize City today and got some good prices on some jewelry and are headed to Costa Maya tomorrow to go to the beach.

They had a new, or at least new to us, system for tendering today. You had to get a ticket and then get in line for tendering. We purposly waited until 11am to head out to avoid the crowd but the line was still a mile long. Thank goodness our next two stops are docked.

The Explorer is still beautiful and the fellow passengers a very nice group.

Some teens but they are very well behaved so yes I think there may be a few available young men for your daughters;)

Aside from that nothing else to report right now. I will be back in a day or so with more answers.

Can you give us a clue as to the dinner menus & if they have a Caribbean night on deck? Thanks in advance and have a great time!

We sailed on 4/8 for a 7 night WC cruise and they had what they called a midnight pool party (which I'd consider a Caribbean night) around the pool. It was very nice, but nothing very fancy other than the beautiful fruit carvings and displays and the roasted pig. They had an ice sculpture exhibition at 11:15 and then the party started with the band, dancing, and great food.

They're in the process of changing dinner menus. Our week they introduced 2 completely new menus. I don't have copies unfortunately. If you have a digital camera someone posted earlier to take pics of the menus for souveniers and to answer the many questions.

Have a great cruise, Steph

Hi Deb...love hearing your review so far. Can't wait to hear more. Take good care of the ship!!!!! We'll be on her in June from Bayonne-a 10 dayer!!!!! Check out if they still have the sugar-free white coconut cake. I LOVE it and can't have sugar so I hope they have it. I'm also from NEPA so hope we can chat when you get back!!

Can you explain the ticket tendering process a little more? Where do you get the tickets? Do you go to a desk for a ticket and then have to wait around until the time on your ticket? Do C & A members get priority? I assume they take shore excursions into account.

PS- Lily, I'll be getting on the ship as you're getting off!

does explorer have a chops resturant? didnt see it on deck plans..also i live 10 min from bear creek also :)

how crazy...who wopuld have thought that 4 people from NEPA would be on here talking about cruising....what did you think of that snow last wk?

Deb!!! Do you have a great waiter and staff. We enjoyed Lucito from India along with Oscar his asst. We were on deck 3 dining.

To all you nepa people...how close to Poconos are you? We enjoy the Caesar resorts but now that we have found cruising...it has been two years since we have been to mt pocono one. I love the outlets at tannersville. Are you all close to that?

It is about a 3 and half hour drive for us from delaware.

Take care..and someone pick feb 08 for the explorer!!!!

how crazy...who wopuld have thought that 4 people from NEPA would be on here talking about cruising....what did you think of that snow last wk?

I'm a teacher...we had no school!!!! We had about 6-8 inches where I am!!!! My son didn't go to class (community coll. in Allentown) and e-mailed his prof that he couln't make it because of snow...and they had NONE down that way. He took a pic with his phone in case she questioned him!!!!!

Deb!!! Do you have a great waiter and staff. We enjoyed Lucito from India along with Oscar his asst. We were on deck 3 dining.

To all you nepa people...how close to Poconos are you? We enjoy the Caesar resorts but now that we have found cruising...it has been two years since we have been to mt pocono one. I love the outlets at tannersville. Are you all close to that?

It is about a 3 and half hour drive for us from delaware.

Take care..and someone pick feb 08 for the explorer!!!!

I go to the outlets in Tannersville alot. It's about 45 minutes. I was just at the Inn at Mt. Pocono this past weekend checking it out for my daughter's wedding. Her BF is from Wilkes-Barre so I figured it would be a good place in-between. I am also involved in an antique co-op in Brodheadsville.

Archived