Just back from the Majesty today

Hello everyone,

I just got off the Majesty this morning on the 3 nighter. I don't think I will have time to do any formal review but will list some things that I have seen others ask about in the past and feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Flew in Thursday night on airtran to FLL arrived at 11:00 pm- no problems rented a PT cruiser convertable from Alamo.

Stayed Thursday night in Ft. Lauderdale, at the Lauderdale Beachside resort. A bit old and run down but very clean and at $65 per night on last minute travel site hard to beat.

Went to the beach around 9:00 Thursday morning then did a little shopping at the Publix and the Liquer store across the street. Left Lauderdale at 11:15 with the top down (great ride) then returned the car to Alamo at Miami airport around noon and took the complimentary shuttle to the Pier. Was on the ship around 11:45. No problem whatsover getting a 5th of Rum on and 1 6 pack of Pepsi. All where in checked baggage and in original containers (I am officially a smuggler now).

Coco Cay was a bit windy and cool but we did spend a decent amount of time in the water and the BBQ as normal was great.(ribs are Pork by the way).

Nassau- Went o Atlantis from around 10:30-2:00, did all the water slides, pools and walked around to aquarium. Took the water taxi over and a cab back. The slides where great and the new section was pretty awesome with the rapids in the lazy river as well as the conveyer belts that would take you in your tube to the top. We then went back to the ship, ate lunch then did the straw maket and walked around for a bit. Got back on the ship around 4:15. Only 2 ships in port that day and the other was a smaller ship from Delphen cruise lines which I had never heard of before. I think it was German.

They definately do do quest on the 3 nighter, they also do have a crown and anchor cocktail party on the last night.

We did self departure and got off the ship at 7:30 and we were at the airport by 8:15, we took a 10:40 American Airlines flight back to Raleigh. I know they say not to book anything before noon but really we could have easily have made a 9:15 flight.

The ship was very nice and pretty much looked new inside and out (we sailed her back in Nov. before the refurb.) We were in room 2519 inside front of ship, we booked on a gty.

Any questions let me know and I will answer the best I can, and if I can think of any more details of interest I will post.

How much is the cost for entrance to the Atlantis water park and what all does it entail?

In Nov. of lat year when we were on the majesty we had to miss coco cay due to bad weather, so we went to nassau that evening instead. I remembered they had a special for 129$ so I called from the ship and booked a room and we stayed the night. Long story short I had my wallet stolen out of my backpack while doing the lazy river so they comped me 2 passes this trip. When I tuned in my voucher for the wristbands I saw it was $105 per person for full access. They had another $89 price and a $59 but I am not sure what that included. On a similar subject I did notice there are coin operated lockers at Coco Cay I had not seen before. They are at the place where snorket gear is rented.

We were on this cruise as well... had a great time! I wish we would have had a little less wind... made it kind of cool.

I will post a little review later when I get a chance... made note of a few things.

All in all a great weekend getaway for the money and I'd definitely go on Majesty again!!

We bid a full size car on priceline and got it for $20 plus taxes, we then paid $15 to upgrade to the convertable. We had us 2, 2 carry on suitcases and 2 backpacks. The trunk could have held a couple more small suitcases. So I would say that 4 people is doable if light and the back seat people had something in there lap and the passenger in the front used their floor space.

The shuttle is a service of Alamo. They have shuttles that run from the airport to the rental car area then another that runs from the rental car area to the ship. I guess if you did not rent from them you could take the free one to the rental car place then switch and take the other to the ship but that would not be what that was intended for but realistically they do not check anyting.

What was your sail date and who was your captain. I haven't updated the Current Captains thread in a long time for Majesty.

wolfcathorse, I think you have it current. You updated it after the switch to Holmes less than a month ago.

I went to Atlantis in October and was charged $29. I think it was well worth it, if for anything to see the grounds and what Atlantis has to offer. You get to see much more of the of aquarium. It is quite spectacular.

I am going on the 3 nighter this friday. I didnt even know there was a free shuttle from the airport. Where do I pick that up and how often do they run?

I can not remember exactly his name but I do think it was Holmes (very large man with Beard from Canada).

Any questions let me know and I will answer the best I can, and if I can think of any more details of interest I will post.

How formal is the formal night?? We will be travelling from Canada to fly out of Detroit and we would like to try to do this cruise with just carry-on's. A nice shirt and tie for dinner would make packing easier. We enjoy dressing up but have heard the shorter cruises are not that dressy.

Thanks

Colleen

wolfcathorse, I think you have it current. You updated it after the switch to Holmes less than a month ago.

I only wanted it confirmed as there are ship rotations going on. Even though Capt Holmes has been on for only 1 month, he could have been transferred to another ship! But thanks for looking at my chart! :)

TY Ashleycrew for verifying you had Capt Holmes

Any questions let me know and I will answer the best I can, and if I can think of any more details of interest I will post

How formal is the formal night?? We will be travelling from Canada to fly out of Detroit and we would like to try to do this cruise with just carry-on's. A nice shirt and tie for dinner would make packing easier. We enjoy dressing up but have heard the shorter cruises are not that dressy.

Thanks

Colleen

I had a goal this time to do everything with a carry on. I went with a pair of khaki's, long sleeve shirt and tie on formal night. I fit in fine so definately don't bring a suit or jacket if you do not feel like the headache as I agree with you on the shorter trips it is just not worth it.

Did you see a big difference between the cabins in 2006 and 2007?

Also, were you wowed by the refurbishment?

What bars were the best to hang out and listen to music? Did you go to any of the shows?

Any chance you found the compasses?

Thanks.

Maggie

Did you see a big difference between the cabins in 2006 and 2007?

Also, were you wowed by the refurbishment?

What bars were the best to hang out and listen to music? Did you go to any of the shows?

Any chance you found the compasses?

Thanks.

Maggie

Maggie,

It was redone very nicely, I really did like the Majesty last year but definately could tell a differance. It looked brand new inside and out but still had the feel of the majesty. The flat panel TVs were nice but were in a totally stupid place, right above our heads I think this was because our room had the pull down beds for 3rd and 4th passenger so it was the only plave they could have put it. You just had to flip around to watch TV. Sorrento's, Johny Rockets and Compass deli section was exceptionally nicely redone as was the Windjammer. The food at the windjammer was excellent also.

We hung out mostly at Boleros, very nice..... We played in a couple of the games there and they had a very good latin theme band. None of the bars where over crowded. We did not go to any shows (I have never been a big show person). I know it was a comedian one night and another was boogie wonderland which was the same show as November.

I just need to find the time to scan the Compasses.

On another note I also remember back in Nov. the slots had the print out tickets on them, now they all actually pay out in quarters which I prefer (something fun about hearing the quarter drop out).

Thanks for the help.

11, yes count'em, 11 of us sailing this Friday the 27th.

My university kids will will glad :) not suit coat.

Mom and Dad not so much. :(

Only thing to do is Book a Mom & Dad Cruise and pack the suit. :rolleyes:

Colleen

I am with the kids on this one 3 nighter is too short for packing a suit. I do enjoy formal night on longer trips. They actually don't even call it formal night, they state in the compass it is suggested formal attire.

To the anti smoking people they do put a message in the compass about being considerate of non smokers they even ask you to think of your balcony neighbors (not that I knew the majesty had many) and that they may have respitory issues.

They definately do do quest on the 3 nighter, they also do have a crown and anchor cocktail party on the last night..

What night was Quest and where was it? Announced in the Compass?

Were the rooms really tiny? At 119 sq. ft. I have camping tents bigger than the stateroom. Are you C & A? Did you get a Johnny Rockets coupon? I appreciate your review. This will be our 17th cruise, but the 1st time in the Bahamas. We are going for our son's HS graduation trip. Since you have done Atlantis before can you give some Atlantis tips? Did you rent the room and use the pools or did you do something else. Thanks for your help.

Archived