HAL tender question...??

SakeDad

I know if you book an excursion through HAL that you get first tender priority....my mom is booked on a HAL excursion in Alaska early and I have a private tour booked soon after. Can I get on the same tender as my mom since we are "together" on the cruise?? Also, she's 69 and would need my help ;) tendering....

Normally people not on HAL tours go to the show lounge to get tender tickets, then wait for their # to be called. People on HAL tours may meet elsewhere, get a tour sticker, then proceed to the tender dock as a group.

Therefore, under the usual procedure you wouldn't be with your mom heading out.

If your mom needs help getting to/on/off the tenders the ship crew will be there. She does need to negotiate a flight of stairs to get down to the tender platform, however.

Nathan, the only port you will have to tender in is Sitka. Do you have excursions in Sitka? If your Mom has an excursion in Sitka and she is to meet in the showroom then you could probably go there with her and go to the tender with her. When we went to Sitka in 2004 we did an excursion to see Whales and Otters but the excursion met down at the pier rather than on the ship.

Archived