Question on Benefits.

If anyone can shed any light on this query, I would be very grateful.

We are booked on a Celebrity cruise in a 2A grade cabin and am a Elite member due to our Diamond+ status on RCCL, have only done 2 Celebrity cruises before, question is :- just wondering if we would we get the Concierge Club amenities, whatever they consist of.

Thanks in anticipation.

We are booked on a Celebrity cruise in a 2A grade cabin and am a Elite member due to our Diamond+ status on RCCL, have only done 2 Celebrity cruises before, question is :- just wondering if we would we get the Concierge Club amenities, whatever they consist of.

Thanks in anticipation.

Below is a link to the Captains Club benefits on Celebrity. Celebrity has one of the poorer repeat cruiser clubs. There are no Concierge lounges on any of the Celebrity ships....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000iOjFwWXUu6voJcTbjAdH7YR:1028etq20?pagename=membership_benefits

Below is a link to the Captains Club benefits on Celebrity. Celebrity has one of the poorer repeat cruiser clubs. There are no Concierge lounges on any of the Celebrity ships....

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000iOjFwWXUu6voJcTbjAdH7YR:1028etq20?pagename=membership_benefits

Thanks for the info, but any idea if you get the Concierge room ameneties, for example the fruit/flowers etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi 6Months !

Celebrity does not have a "Concierge Club" type lounge that Royal Caribbean ships have. They do have Concierge Class Cabins, which come with a handful of extra amenities. For that, you would have to pay extra, and change your cabin.

Here are the amenities for Concierge Class Cabins :

Celebrity ConciergeClass

When you stay in a Celebrity ConciergeClass Stateroom, you will receive these added amenities and more:

Welcome champagne

Daily fruit selection

Fresh-cut flowers

Daily hors d'oeuvres

Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella

Double-thick Frette bathrobes

Hansgrohe® showerhead

VIP invitations to events

Early embarkation and debarkation

Dining and seating preference

Preference on shore excursions

Express luggage delivery

Thanks Andy, think I will contact them to see if there are any Concierge Cabins still available for the Transatlantic crossing.

Regards

John.

Hi John !

Have a great time on your Cruise !

Thanks, Have upgraded to Concierge class so hopefully should be OK.

John.

Hi John !

I am sure you will be happy with your upgrade. Enjoy !

Hi John !

I am sure you will be happy with your upgrade. Enjoy !

Andy, Wondered whether you could point me in the right direction on who to ask about the following :-

We are on the Transatlantic Crossing in April 08 leaving Miami and ending at Amsterdam, well the day before we dock in Dover(England) and we would like to disembark there instead. Any idea who we contact as the rep at RCCL in Miami who I booked the cruise with said they can't do it would have to talk with someone else but the number I was given didn't know what I am talking about:( . I know RCCL do it as we just got off the Navigator Transatlantic crossing last Thursday which ended up in Southampton but the 2 days before we visited Cobh(Ireland) and Brest(France) and about 30 people disembarked at Cobh and about 20 at Brest. I am pretty sure that when we were on the Constellation Transatlantic a few years ago people got off at LeHarve(France) the day before we arrived at Dover, but was about 3 or 4 years ago. Was on the phone to RCCL in Miami for quite a while yesterday being passed from one department to another and because we cannot use the FREE 800 numbers from the UK it was getting expensive without really getting any answers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

John.

Andy, Wondered whether you could point me in the right direction on who to ask about the following :-

We are on the Transatlantic Crossing in April 08 leaving Miami and ending at Amsterdam, well the day before we dock in Dover(England) and we would like to disembark there instead. Any idea who we contact as the rep at RCCL in Miami who I booked the cruise with said they can't do it would have to talk with someone else but the number I was given didn't know what I am talking about:( . I know RCCL do it as we just got off the Navigator Transatlantic crossing last Thursday which ended up in Southampton but the 2 days before we visited Cobh(Ireland) and Brest(France) and about 30 people disembarked at Cobh and about 20 at Brest. I am pretty sure that when we were on the Constellation Transatlantic a few years ago people got off at LeHarve(France) the day before we arrived at Dover, but was about 3 or 4 years ago. Was on the phone to RCCL in Miami for quite a while yesterday being passed from one department to another and because we cannot use the FREE 800 numbers from the UK it was getting expensive without really getting any answers.

John.

I know that it is possible as friend of mine did the exact same thing last year. They cruised Constellation to Dover and got of early in Le Havre. As to who to speak to... if you booked through a travel agent, your travel agent will have to make the arrangements. If you've booked direct, call the reservations line. You might get a better answer on your second try, the first person might simple not have been knowledgable enough. Or ask for a Supervisor/Manager. Good luck!

Floris

I know that it is possible as friend of mine did the exact same thing last year. They cruised Constellation to Dover and got of early in Le Havre. As to who to speak to... if you booked through a travel agent, your travel agent will have to make the arrangements. If you've booked direct, call the reservations line. You might get a better answer on your second try, the first person might simple not have been knowledgable enough. Or ask for a Supervisor/Manager. Good luck!

Floris

Thanks for reply, Have tried Miami office(whom I booked it through) 4 times spoke with 4 different people in reservations including a Supervisor/Manager and unfortunatly no positive response/answer.

John.

John - getting off early is purely down to the Captain's discretion. Speak to RCL again and the process is they will have to email the captain to ask permission. It is as simple as that. Obviously you got a 'newbie' who didn't know the rules - so tell them this is what they need to do [as this is what happens in the UK office]. BTW - you still pay in full for the whole cruise - no one day discount - but sure you know that anyway.

Let us know if you succeed!

Thanks in anticipation.

As we have not been for many a year, but will be on an RCI ship shortly and have Celebrity Elite status, please detail the "lounge." Free drinks?

Thank you,

As we have not been for many a year, but will be on an RCI ship shortly and have Celebrity Elite status, please detail the "lounge." Free drinks?

Thank you,

Yup! Being Diamond on RCL (10+ cruise points) entitles you to the Concierge Lounge - some ships don't have these lounges though. Those that do - the lounge is open for light breakfasts, coffees, borrowing DVD, and in the evening from 5 - 8.30 there is an 'open' bar where you help yourself, and canapes. The concierge will get your bookings at the speciality restaurants and help with shore excursions too.

People cruising in OS and above on RCL have access to this lounge too - so it can get pretty crowded.

John - getting off early is purely down to the Captain's discretion. Speak to RCL again and the process is they will have to email the captain to ask permission. It is as simple as that. Obviously you got a 'newbie' who didn't know the rules - so tell them this is what they need to do [as this is what happens in the UK office]. BTW - you still pay in full for the whole cruise - no one day discount - but sure you know that anyway.

Tried RCCL office today in both Miami and UK but still no nearer the answer, mentioned about them E-mailing the Captain, got a slight chuckle from the other end of the phone, then an answer of, WE don't E-mail any Captain's.

Any other avenue anybody may suggest:( :confused: .

Thanks.

When I have arranged this for clients, the Captain was most definitely not contacted nor was he involved. I made the request and paid the applicable charges through a supervisor.

Tried RCCL office today in both Miami and UK but still no nearer the answer, mentioned about them E-mailing the Captain, got a slight chuckle from the other end of the phone, then an answer of, WE don't E-mail any Captain's.

Any other avenue anybody may suggest:( :confused: .

Thanks.

John, If you speak to the UK agents who talk to the T/As (and not the agents who only talk to private clients) you should/will be told that they need to get their supervisors to email the Captain to ask. You could risk your phone bill and try again!

When I have arranged this for clients, the Captain was most definitely not contacted nor was he involved. I made the request and paid the applicable charges through a supervisor.
It appears the process is definitely different in England..!

As to CC amenities on Celeb--they are meager but sometimes nice to have. The priority tendering is a plus & you get dbl cruise credit for a CC cabin --getting us closer to Elite... The hor's d'ourves (bad spelling) are boring- 6 of them 2 caviar (diff type each day), cheese, meat...fruit bowl is also nice...But if you can't go CC you can order cheese & fruit free from room service & can get great Sushi at 5 pm everyt night...The give away last week was an odd type of travel bag that I just cant see ever using--would rather have had a nice travel umbrtella with the Ceeb logo!

John, If you speak to the UK agents who talk to the T/As (and not the agents who only talk to private clients) you should/will be told that they need to get their supervisors to email the Captain to ask. You could risk your phone bill and try again!

It appears the process is definitely different in England..!

Managed to speak with a very helpful lady in the Captains Club department in Miami, she gave me the phone # and E-mail address of the dept who deals with it, she also told me what information I needed to submit.

Sent an E-mail and received confirmation letter:D :) within 2 hours, fantastic service once I found the right helpful lady:)

Managed to speak with a very helpful lady in the Captains Club department in Miami, she gave me the phone # and E-mail address of the dept who deals with it, she also told me what information I needed to submit.

Sent an E-mail and received confirmation letter:D :) within 2 hours, fantastic service once I found the right helpful lady:)

Congrats! Would you mind posting the # and email address here for future ref?

Archived