St.Regis Resort in Ft.Lauderdale opens

Bequia

Bed Type Room Features Rate Description Average Daily Rate Per Room

1 King SUPERIOR INTRACOASTAL VIEW, Spacious Private Balcony, Luxurious Marble Bathroom, 32 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Cd/dvd Stereo Internet Only Rates - Fully Prepaid, Cancel Rules Apply, No Changes Allowed

Terms & Addt'l

Charges USD 9999.00

1 King Deluxe Ocean View Non-smoking, Spacious Private Balcony, Luxurious Marble Bathroom, 32 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Cd/dvd Stereo Internet Only Rates - Fully Prepaid, Cancel Rules Apply, No Changes Allowed

Terms & Addt'l

Charges USD 9999.00

It might be a misprint....but WOW

Blue, I'll be at the Air Sea Show this weekend, I booked a two bedroom oceanview suite at Marriott Beach Place a year ago for this event. I'll be popping into the Regis, the new Hilton as well as the Atlantic catching up with friends in the business. I'm sure it's going to be spectacular, from the outside it's beautiful. I just wonder how they're going to control the masses this weekend, people coming off the street to use the facilities etc...

Blue, I'll be at the Air Sea Show this weekend, I booked a two bedroom oceanview suite at Marriott Beach Place a year ago for this event. I'll be popping into the Regis, the new Hilton as well as the Atlantic catching up with friends in the business. I'm sure it's going to be spectacular, from the outside it's beautiful. I just wonder how they're going to control the masses this weekend, people coming off the street to use the facilities etc...

I can't wait to hear your report! I have found that usually hotels patrol their public facilities well when big gatherings of non hotel guests occur.

Bequia,

I will also be very interested in your "review" of the new property. We stayed 2 pre-cruise nights at the Atlantic a couple of weeks ago. Our second stay at this property. I love the facilities and the location. We did have a problem with the front desk and I think my sister is still trying to get it resolved.

BaltimoreCruise

Could someone tell me what other hotels are located around the St. Regis.

I'd like to take advantage of the Broad Walk area but don't want a $1000 room at the St. Regis and the Marriott Beach Place doesn't appeal to us.

The St. Regis is more to our liking but not our wallet! :eek:

Thanks!

P.S. Any chance the St. Regis would be more ecconomical in September (off season)?

I booked the St Regis online for August 11th precruise (one night).

The rate was $299, but I paid $269 with my AAA card.

They have some nice specials on their website if you stay 2 nights or more, but unfortuneatly I only have 1 evening to spare.

Im not sure where these higher prices came from...

I would like to know what someone thinks of the resort...the website still has no pictures, and there is nothing on TripAdvisor yet.

Anyone stay here yet?

I know the sea and air show was this post weekend....hopefully someone was able to stay at the StRegis and can offer a review?

It looks very close to the port, so it would seem to be a great precruise hotel.....(I hope so anyways)

I popped in during the Air Sea show to visit friends affiliated with the hotel. It was a zoo, staff was doing all the could to police the public areas. One thing about the staff, no is not in their vocabulary, if there's anything you need or want consider it done, nothing less than an exceptional level of service.

The building has 24 tiered, glass-walled stories rising behind a 29,000-square-foot tropical pool deck space with a zero-entry pool overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.

Cero, the restaurant, and signature Lobby Bar is where I met up with my friends. They both provide panoramic ocean views. The restaurant Cero serves fine cuisine crafted with fresh, local and organic ingredients, as well as lavish pastries. Cero is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Prepare to pay big bucks for coffee and a danish.

Across the lobby from Cero, guests approach the Lobby Bar through an steel gate. Like St. Regis New York’s King Cole Bar, there is a centerpiece mural of a seascape with the mythical figure King Neptune anchoring the bar. Concave silver leaf wave structures float across the ceiling, over a chestnut and black bar which is illuminated at night. Soft leather seating throughout the bar.

The Wine Room is separated from the bar with translucent glass. In this room, guests can choose wines from the 5,000 bottle collection, an extensive by-the-glass list and light meals. (bring your wallet $$$$$) The Wine Room’s separate cellar area can also be reserved for a private dining experience. Three crystal chandeliers hang over the onyx bar, very impressive.

The bright lobby and public areas have all marble floors. light oak walls, yacht-like leather, coral and shell accents, creates an gorgeous arrival.

While I did not have access to the rooms a descriptive card in the lobby read as the following,

"Each guest room and suite is equipped with easy-to-use one-touch technology phones that feature butler access and other useful hotel services, as well as in-depth information about area attractions. Guest rooms also have WiFi Internet access, state-of-the-art DVD theater entertainment system with a 32" LCD panel TV encased in a custom mahogany armoire, a 13" LCD panel TV in each bathroom, bamboo silk robes, classic Pratesi linens, Reméde bath amenities, a refrigerated mini-cellar of refreshments and much more. "

I was able to get up to the 7th floor pool bar for a Mojito, the seventh floor pool deck is 29,000 sq. ft. deck with a zero-entry pool, relaxation deck and 60-seat bar and grill. Located just below the pool deck are ten cabanas equipped with WiFi access, flat screen televisions and waiter service that can be reserved with a special package. A skywalk connects the pool deck to the beach, allowing guests of the St. Regis access to the beach without having to exit the hotel through the lobby or cross the street. A security checkpoint restricts access from the beach.

This hotel is vying for five star status. In my mind there is no doubt they'll attain it. As gorgeous as it is, I still prefer the Lago Mar.

Archived