Military Friends & Family rate

Thanks for the post. We just booked 2 cabins (one for me and my husband, second one for kids) a couple of weeks ago, and were only able to use military discount on our cabin. I've asked our TA to see if she could get us the military rate of the second one.

I am going to call and see if I can get the F&F deal for my upcoming cruise. I know I have made final payment, etc, but who knows. I had to leave a message with a new PVP, apparently mine is no longer there!

Does anyone know if this rate would apply to Conquest sailings out of Galveston for Western Caribbean?

I've got a call and e-mail in to my Travel Agent, but she hasn't contacted me yet. We have one cabin booked under military and the other one is past guest discount, for 7/29/07. I've already made my final payment to the TA, but Carnival's final payment date is still a couple of weeks away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Will let everyone know if I get it.

How is everyone getting a Military F&F discount for sailings not included in the promotion??

I called Carnival and they sail only 8 ships and 11 sail dates are valid for the special.

I am doing something wrong here??

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Promos/Military_Specials_052007.aspx?wt.mc_id=HMilitarydroplist

I've called 3 times and get the same answer:mad:

Just got off the phone with my PVP at Carnival and booked the Oct 21 Legend cruise. My first wraparound balcony! I am so excited!!

Anyway, to the point. My PVP told me that during the month of May, we can book up to 2 more rooms at the military rate for friends & family, as they are running that promotion this month. I know it's been a while since they last had one and I haven't seen it advertised anywhere nor have I received an e-mail about it. Yay!

Can I be your friend?? I guess you can't book a cabin for a total stranger on CC can you? Just curious about if someone can let others join them at the military rate, wouldnt that be great. Im guessing it has to be on the same cruise you are on though, darn :p

Id love a aft balcony myself at a military discount.

Got a call back from my TA. She said she called Carnival, and they said this was for NEW bookings only. I told her I knew that others were getting refunds on existing bookings. She said she was on the phone a good 20 minutes with Carnival, and the person she talked to asked a supervisor, who said they couldn't do it. She also mentioned the fact that I had already made my final payment. I reminded her that Carnival's final payment date is still 2 weeks away. She said she had done all she could do and that she had tried. I'm not sure that she couldn't get the refund for me if she wanted to. Oh, well.....:mad:

Can I be your friend?? I guess you can't book a cabin for a total stranger on CC can you? Just curious about if someone can let others join them at the military rate, wouldnt that be great. Im guessing it has to be on the same cruise you are on though, darn :p

Id love a aft balcony myself at a military discount.

I have one more cabin booked at the past guest rate for my sailing and know of CC'ers from my roll call who are using the Military rate.........I asked and my Carnival guy said that the Other person with the Military rate would just need the booking number for my 4th cabin to link the two together in order to get the rate.

It's the cheapest of our cabins and we would only gain $80. I thought about it and had a debate with myself over the concept of asking a stranger to add me into to their booking. And figured it wouldn't be worth it or the correct thing to do.

This could be an interesting thread topic......I could immagine the opinions of "cheating the Cruiseline for personal gain"..........We'd need popcorn for that one.

Was anyone able to use the code CPM1 on the carnival site to see the rates? I've checked at least 10 dates/cruises and I keep getting promo code not valid.

Drop the "C" and put in PM1

The "C" is there for TA's so they know what cruise line it is from

For the Carnival site, all you put in is PM1

Got a call back from my TA. She said she called Carnival, and they said this was for NEW bookings only. I told her I knew that others were getting refunds on existing bookings. She said she was on the phone a good 20 minutes with Carnival, and the person she talked to asked a supervisor, who said they couldn't do it. She also mentioned the fact that I had already made my final payment. I reminded her that Carnival's final payment date is still 2 weeks away. She said she had done all she could do and that she had tried. I'm not sure that she couldn't get the refund for me if she wanted to. Oh, well.....:mad:

When I book it's with Carnival and usually so far out, it's to the point that there aren't any specials offered at the time of booking. I let them know that if I book I will not be penalized(new bookings only) by booking early when/if specials are released.

for my October Miracle comming up

-I booked a year out in October at full fare

-In November had it switched to a 1 day sale rate (that was for New Bookings only)

-In January ish had them switched to my military rate and 3 at past guest

-last night had two of the past guest switched to military friend and family.

Hello Everyone,

My friend and her husband are traveling with us on the Freedom. She booked with another TA and she received the Military discount. Is it possible for us to get the Friends discount even though we booked with a different TA? Do you have to be with the same TA to get the discount?

Thanks

ML

Thank you

If I have my friends' booking number, could my TA do it? I am not comfortable with having another TA doing this for me seeing that he is not getting my commission, but my agent is.

ML

My Carnival guy said that I need to get my fourth booking number to the person that has the Military rate and have them link it if I want to get the rate, so I'm assuming it would be the same with TA's (maybe they could do a conference call).

Tonya, is there a way to message me those sites where you can check the rates? Thanks.

I don't think there's a private message function on this website....please, someone correct meif I'm wrong, but I don't see one, but then again I haven't been here in a while until last week, so who knows what's changed.

If you give me your e-mail address, I'll be happy to e-mail you the website.

Does anyone know if this rate would apply to Conquest sailings out of Galveston for Western Caribbean?

I've got a call and e-mail in to my Travel Agent, but she hasn't contacted me yet. We have one cabin booked under military and the other one is past guest discount, for 7/29/07. I've already made my final payment to the TA, but Carnival's final payment date is still a couple of weeks away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Will let everyone know if I get it.

I just called Carnival and asked about the Conquest sailing for May 20 and she said I was the second one tonight to call about that ship. She said it was available on that sailing so my next message will be to my TA. Hopefully she will be able to get us the discount / OBC/or upgrade as we have already paid in full and booked months and months ago. Keeping my fingers crossed and good luck to you!

Cassi

Do you pay for all three cabins then or can each pay for their own as long as the cabin is link to the military member?

I am pretty sure each cabin can be paid for separately. I've never used the F&F rate before on a 2nd cabin, so I'm not positive. Believe it or not, we can't find a single soul that wants to cruise with us. :rolleyes: Oh well, their loss.

Archived