how will I know..............?

usavvy2

how will I know if I'm getting a good deal on an Oceania cruise [Regatta] to the Med next April (13)? We typically cruise on X (or RCCL with the grandkids) so we haven't been keeping up with market pricing for O products.

Is there a "rule of thumb" regarding daily rate for an inside vs. outside vs. balcony?

is NOW considered "early" for April 2008?

..depending on the type of room you are interested in.

If you want to get a OS, VS, or PH room.....they tend to book up first. For example on the November 2008 Transatlantic there are no OS, VS, or PH left.....

You can visit the Oceania website and act like you are booking a room and see what types of cabins are left on the cruise you are interested in.......it surprised me how quick they book up.....

Sharon

You can visit the Oceania website and act like you are booking a room and see what types of cabins are left on the cruise you are interested in...

Sharon

Would you please show us just how to do that, without having to "register" and show who we are!

We booked our April, 2008 cruise this past Feb 7 and got the cabin we wanted. We learned from experience; we did not book our first cruise with Oceania (last November, to the Amazon) until only 6 months prior. There were only 2 cabins left on the entire ship and our discount from brochure price was 40%, not the 50% of the 2-for-1 fares that earlier bookers paid. We will book our next cruise the the day the itineraries for December, 2008 are released.

Trans-Atlantic cruises have been a little different; many of them were not full. However, our agent, who is extremely familiar with Oceania, advises us that trans-Atlantic bookings are getting more popular.

is NOW considered "early" for April 2008?

Now is a VERY good time!!:D

At some point the pricing goes from 2for 1 to 40% off so the earlier the better .

as others have pointed out the cabins fill up fast.

wow - pent up demand. sounds like the stock to own. they must be doing something right. So whatever they quote at 2-4-1 and 50% off is the best deal in town regardless of category or timing, right?

That is comparable to my recent experience - booked a med cruise for end of August/07 in Feb/07 and there were only a handful of cabins available.

We booked our April, 2008 cruise this past Feb 7 and got the cabin we wanted. We learned from experience; we did not book our first cruise with Oceania (last November, to the Amazon) until only 6 months prior. There were only 2 cabins left on the entire ship and our discount from brochure price was 40%, not the 50% of the 2-for-1 fares that earlier bookers paid. We will book our next cruise the the day the itineraries for December, 2008 are released.

Trans-Atlantic cruises have been a little different; many of them were not full. However, our agent, who is extremely familiar with Oceania, advises us that trans-Atlantic bookings are getting more popular.

...its never "too" early if that date fits into your planning, we were supposed to be aboard the Insignia as of this date, but had to cancel due to too many things taking place (including my emergency gall bladder removal last week) so we simply moved everything up one season. We are booked into cabin # 6050 on board the Regatta for the April 13 Rome to Venice cruise...

...the itinerary has changed a bit from this years. Regatta stops at La Spezia and does the Cinque Terre instead of going to Sardinia, the days are juggled a bit now as well to ensure you're in Florence when the museums are open...

...go ahead and book, you can always cancel if it doesn't work out well and get a refund...

cheers,

the Imagineers

NCL cruise to Alaska on the Norwegian Wind - Aug 27/06, it was great, I'll miss the Wind.

Mediterranean cruise on the Insignia - Apr 28/07 (cancelled, by us)

upcoming Oceania cruise Rome to Venice onboard the Regatta - Apr 13/08.

wow - pent up demand. sounds like the stock to own. they must be doing something right. So whatever they quote at 2-4-1 and 50% off is the best deal in town regardless of category or timing, right?
2-4-1 and 50% off are the same thing, of course. 2-4-1 and free air fare (but not free air taxes) are the best deal you will ever get booking directly with Oceania, as far as I know.

Anything beyond that is something your travel agent may extend. Sometimes they will extend shipboard credit, a slight percentage discount or free gratuities, or some combination. Personally, I would beware of an agent who gives away too much -- I want them to make enough profit that they are happy to go to bat for me. But, my experience is that you should expect something along those lines, and accept anything that is freely offered.

Archived