Princess Pools

captpeachy

Thinking about Dawn Princess later this year. Question is does Princess still have a fresh water pool. I know other lines are pumped in saltwater.

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome,

The Dawn has fresh water pools...ahhhh;)

We love Princess and especially love the freshwater pools. My kids even choose Princess over RCCL - freshwater pool over climbing walls! Eventually we may want to try another line but do any other lines offer freshwater pools? I've not found any so far in my search.

I just looooove those heated, fresh water pools on Princess. I especially enjoy how they overflow onto the tile surrounding the pool. Wonderful way to cool off your tootsies or you can even lie down and stretch out in the thin pool of water if you want. My idea of ecstasy!

I thought most of the newer Princess ships had heated freshwater pools. We enjoyed swimming in Alaska on the Star Princess and on the Golden Princess on our autumn cruise to New England and Canada. The air temps weren't very warm--in the 50s and 60s--but the water felt great.

My cruises on the Star in '02, Sun in '03 and my recent Golden sailing on 4/12 all had heated pools in the 80s. In fact, one of the days when we were in Mexico and we could have really used cooler water...the pool was actually as hot as the temperature outside! As hot as the jacuzzis! My daughter really worked up a sweat playing volleyball in the pool that day. Turns out one of the valves was blocked causing the overheating.

Where are those heated pools? Every Princess pool I ever tried to swim in was freezing!!!

Princess may well have replumbed the pools on Tahitian, Pacific, and the new Royal Princess, but as built for defunct Renaissance Cruise Line, the pools were plumbed for salt water I have been told.

Ships built new for Princess have been plumbed with freshwater pools.

We've had our own pool for years and one thing I really notice is a how well a pool is taken care of. One thing Princess does really well is that they keep their pools clean! Unlike some other cruise lines we've been on, Princess really does balance the chemicals well and keep them well-chlorinated.

In one pool on another cruise line, we saw a piece of plastic wrap, a band-aid, and a plastic soft drink lid. How that got in there, I have no idea! :eek: The water in this same pool was so cloudy, you just knew it wasn't a safe place to swim! :eek:

The fresh water pools are the best!

Archived