Best Restaurant oceanfront

firsttimecruiser77

[FONT=Arial Black][B]Jennifer .... [/B] We had the best time and wonderful food at Paradise Restaurant (less than two blocks from the tender dock and DIRECTLY on the water). :)

Take a minute and [I]SCROLL [/I] on this board the "Eden Rock" Thread by "Kapcruiser". We have a post there with a site for Paradise Restaurant which includes the Lunch Menu, directions, etc.

[URL=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=55283](or just click here for thread) [/URL]

We met lots of others there who also thought the food was great. The DRINKS were very, very good as well -- made with REAL fruit!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :) [/FONT]

We had lunch at a spot that I think was called the Tree House. It had a great view of our ship. The food and drinks were good and the prices were reasonable. I have some pictures of it in my Voyager albums at [url]http://community.webshots.com/user/jean_lynd[/url]. I hope this helps!

If Casanova's is open for lunch, I would suggest them, you can walk there, just go north of where you get off the cruise ships. They are on ocean side and have both indoor and outdoor seating. Another great place is South of the tender port. You will need transportation, but if you want a taste of Cayman, try the Crow's Nest!

[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black][B]Krazy Kruizers ....[/B] As you leave the Tender Dock, Paradise Restaurant it is to the RIGHT ... about a block and a half ... directly on the water. Really CLOSE! Can't miss it! :cool:

Happy Sailing! OCruisers! :) [/FONT] [/SIZE]

Jean-Lynd , Is Tree House near a major hotel or landmark? I have friends that recently moved down to Grand Cayman and work there. I am going down there on a cruise in December and want to visit them. I just kinda want to know the general area. Were there activities near it? I am planning on doing the Carnival Beach Colony Hotel Break and then walking to Tree House if possible. Would you know if the 2 are near each other or if we can just hang out at Tree House. My friends moved down before I could get enough info from them. Thanks for your help. Cathy

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=6][color=red]OCruisers[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=6][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=6][color=#ff0000]Thanks!!![/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=6][color=#ff0000]We thought it was in that direction.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Catherine - I don't know if this helps any but the Tree House is right next to the cemetery. We were able to walk back to the port from there but you could also take the city bus. I'm not sure where you will be on that excursion in relation to the Tree House. We did our stingray city excursion and had them drop us off there afterward because it was on the way back to the port. I hope this helps!

Thanks. So, when you get into the port do you go left (where the hotels are) or to the right (where A Banks and Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood are)? I am gonna try to find a map and see where the cemtary is in the meantime.

The cemetary she mentions is NOT the one shown on most maps, which is out far north end of 7 Mile Beach near West Bay community, & where alot go snorkeling at reef called Cemetary Reef.
The cemetary she says is near TreeHouse is closer to downtown.

TreeHouse is about one-third of the distance betw tender terminal & Colony Beach Club.
As I recall Kirks Supermarket may be across road from TreeHouse or maybe the store is just past entrance to TreeHouse.
(Went to both places last Dec. when we stayed in a condo for a week, but hard to remember now!)

I wouldn't try walking it, but you could walk from TreeHouse back to ship easier than from Beach Club to TreeHouse.

Archived