Princess Cays

gtmerc

if that were true, then why would they not take it out of all their Caribbean intineraries?

I doubt if they take it off their itenerary. They own that port of call.It would be great if they would build a dock at some point in the future because it is a wonderful destination with beautiful beaches, warm water, plenty of lounge chairs and a picnic lunch to boot!

I doubt if they take it off their itenerary. They own that port of call.It would be great if they would build a dock at some point in the future because it is a wonderful destination with beautiful beaches, warm water, plenty of lounge chairs and a picnic lunch to boot!

I know...been there about 10 times...I was just disputing another person's reasoning for not having the Cay on the intinerary for the Crown out of NYC....but a dock would be hugely expensive because the water is so shallow....too much dredging and a very long pier. The costs would be prohibitive.

I know...been there about 10 times...I was just disputing another person's reasoning for not having the Cay on the intinerary for the Crown out of NYC....but a dock would be hugely expensive because the water is so shallow....too much dredging and a very long pier. The costs would be prohibitive.[/quote]

Yea, I know. It's just a pipe dream of mine to be able to walk off the ship and onto the island. But then Idon't think they would bother with the BBQ for us if we could just walk right back to the ship and then maybe there will be more pax who decide to get off the ship instead of not bothering with the tenders. On second thought, I don't want them to build a dock. It's perfect the way it is.

I think Princess Cays was one of our favorite stops last year, right after swimming with the stingrays in GC. The water was much nicer than Ocho Rios and Cozumel, IMO. Of course to be fair to Cozumel it stormed the night before so the water was stirred up a bit. It would be nice to have a pier but then I can see the point that it might get more crowded.

I would guess that the Crown doesn't stop there due to not enough time with sailing from NY.

Archived