Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Looking for a couple...or another person who would like toshare a private fishing charter out of Roatan, honduras??? The cost is $563.00 total.

Sailing 04/13/2008 - Carnival Legend Tampa round trip

Look for or start a roll call for your cruise and post your question there. That's really the only place this kind of post is allowed according to the guidelines and also you have a better chance of finding people on your sailing. Good Luck!

I called my carnival PVP to find out how full the ship was and she was able to tell me right off the bat. We went to the arcade, and ALL the games are a buck a piece, even Pac Man. Wowza.

Now that I have spent all weekend reading 32 pages, I still have some questions. I will be on the Legend 4/27/08 with the wife, son, and daughter. My son is 12 and Daughter is 6. So I have some questions about the kids groups. The capers I have seen state that there is a "nominal charge" for the slumber parties. They run from 10pm to 3 am. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and what it costs?

Also, for the older kid, I was told there is an arcade... is that an additional charge? Should he be packing a ton of quarters?

I have also seen mention of people stating how many rooms are left on their cruise. Several people have asked how to determine the "fullness" of your cruise, and yet there have been no answers. So I am going to ask the same question... how can you tell how booked your cruise is? How many cabins are left?

Finally, I hear talk about Sushi...Is the sushi included, or is it additional like coffee shops, or ice cream shops on RCCL?

Thanks for all the great posts, and thanks in advance for any answers.

We just returned from our cruise on the Legend 12/31-1/6 Was great!

We had a balcony on the Panorama deck Level 10. It was nice, one floor down from the lido deck. The balcony was nice in the morning, entering ports, and sitting there drinking coffee. It got pretty windy while the boat was moving. As far as the extended balcony, the extended part is not very private, as you can look right down on them.

Honestly, we didn't use the balcony all that much. Between all day excursions and night time activities there is just so much going on that we were hardly in our room anyway.

Our next cruise we will probably take an inside room or window room. Just to save more money, to spend towards excursions. :)

I don't think you would be disappointed with any room you choose!

As far as which side, we were on port side. the only day that it really mattered was pulling in to Roatan, Honduras. The hills were nice to look at while there.

Enjoy your trip!

We had an aft balcony on the Main deck and it was amazing. The overhand is much longer on this deck and you couldn't see anyone above or below without hanging over the deck. It was amazing and I'll try to get that balcony again on my next cruise.

Finally, I hear talk about Sushi...Is the sushi included, or is it additional like coffee shops, or ice cream shops on RCCL?

Thanks for all the great posts, and thanks in advance for any answers.

Sushi is included, but the selection is limited to four different choices per night, and nothing raw. Some, smoked salmon or mackerel, and California rolls. The soft ice cream machine is free.

Looking for a couple...or another person who would like toshare a private fishing charter out of Roatan, honduras??? The cost is $563.00 total.

Sailing 04/13/2008 - Carnival Legend Tampa round trip

Just a suggestion, You get so little time at Roatan, you have to be back on the ship by 2:30. You might want to book your fishing trip in belize or Cozumel. I thought Cozumel was a waste of a day, so i would choose there. Just my personal opinion.

I do see that the Legend isn't sailing between Jan. 7th and the 20th. Guess she is getting a big bath!

I know I am quoting an old old OLD post, but I wanted to clarify that the Legend WAS sailing during those dates last year -- it was chartered by Sixthman for The Rock Boat and Ships & Dip with Barenaked Ladies. I was on the latter cruise, and it ROCKED. ;)

(see sig)

:D

We have found "secret doors" every time. They go to little decks near the front of the ship. We will find one on Legend, but we can't tell you where it is because then it won't be secret anymore;)

Yes, but "everyone" has insisted that there are NO secret doors on the spirit-class ships. There have been threads here about them and people have pics and directions on where they are on every other class of ship.

On the Miracle, after we docked in San Juan, I went to the front to take pics of the Fort and there was an area with a deck. For some reason, I didn't not include it in my Webshots album, or I'd post it here.

But there is no visible means of reaching this deck. I'm guessing it's a crew area that can only be accessed via a crew door and everyone has said that the "secret door" are NOT crew areas.

If anyone finds it, please post it here. It's OK to share secrets among friends. :D

Will be on the Legend 6/8-6/15. Family time, daughter 18, son 7, me and husband. I read and scanned many of the messages on this thread and have a few questions. I'm sure I'll think of more. Is everything included in the price except drinks and gratiuity? ...even the special dinners? Cabins picked are main deck 4138 and 4136. Any comments? Thanks so much! Can't wait!!!

Wireless internet? Cost?

Yes, but "everyone" has insisted that there are NO secret doors on the spirit-class ships. There have been threads here about them and people have pics and directions on where they are on every other class of ship.

On the Miracle, after we docked in San Juan, I went to the front to take pics of the Fort and there was an area with a deck. For some reason, I didn't not include it in my Webshots album, or I'd post it here.

But there is no visible means of reaching this deck. I'm guessing it's a crew area that can only be accessed via a crew door and everyone has said that the "secret door" are NOT crew areas.

If anyone finds it, please post it here. It's OK to share secrets among friends. :D

You are right. I looked back at all my Miracle pics and not one from the front of the ship. I'll have to remember to look on Legend and report back here. It's usually on deck 4, 5, or 6. Sometimes they are locked because of wind.

We are booked for December 14, 2008. We are excited because we have never cruised this class of ship, and have never been to Belieze or Roatan.

Because the Legend has very few inside cabins compared to other ships, believe it or not, our PVP told us that there are only 5 inside cabins left on our date - almost a year out! We booked 3 cabins, and because our 2 sons are in the Marine Corps and in military various schools, they won't know their schedule, so we may book for them later.

Cruising right before Christmas looks like it is becoming a tradition. It's nice - with the kids being older (20's) - this is the best way to do Christmas. We pay for part of the cruise as their Christmas present and I don't have to do all that running around trying to find the presents they want. :)

Have you thought about booking for your Military sons with the option of cancelling it later if it doesnt work out. You have up to 76 days before your cruise to cancel without penalty and if they are already filling up that would be worth looking at.

Can anyone suggest which is the best night to eat at the Supper Club? What I mean is, what night has the worst menu in the dining room. It used to be Caribbean night, but I don't know if they call it that any longer. Will be on the Legend 2/24/2008. Thanks for any responses.

We are sailing out of Tampa on Jan 27th. We are flying in the day before and have not arranged any ground transportation to the pier. Taxi from the Best Western? What about going directly from boat to Tamp airport - any recommendations?

Hey Cringo,

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point, they shuttle you from hotel to the pier and back again when your done. All included in the price of the room. Check into it.:)

Hey everyone,

I read some posts about there being sushi...I spoke to a Carnival cruise planner and she said that the LEGEND does NOT have sushi??? So I'm just wondering for ppl who have been on the LEGEND is there sushi or not??

We were on Legend in July and yes, there WAS Sushi!

First time cruise, family (teen and 7-year old). Are ALL meals included? What I am wondering is if we get back from an excursion and are too tired to do a sit-down dinner, can we get room service, or go to one of the casual spots and get food? I can't seem to find an detailed answer to what is INCLUSIVE and NOT!

Thanks!

First time cruise, family (teen and 7-year old). Are ALL meals included? What I am wondering is if we get back from an excursion and are too tired to do a sit-down dinner, can we get room service, or go to one of the casual spots and get food? I can't seem to find an detailed answer to what is INCLUSIVE and NOT!

Thanks!

Gogirl,

The main dining room, and the buffet are included in your ticket price. Room service is also included, but you should tip the person delivering it. The only food that isn't included are specialty eateries, such as the supper club. That is an additional charge.