Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

On tendering in Belize: last year we booked cave tubing with Major Tom of ********* adventures (just google him) - it was the best excursion we've ever taken, and will be using him again in December of this year and probably adding ziplining too. However, you have to be very pushy to get on that first tender if you're not on a boat-sponsored excursion. Unfortunately, we're not rude and tend to follow directions. Our tour van had already left with the other 6 people or so in our group, but Major Tom still had someone waiting for us at the pier. She put us in a cab, which raced to catch up with the van for no extra charge. Also, last year we were only in Belize until 3 I believe, and we still had time to shop for a little while at the pier before getting in the tender line. The independent operators would lose so much business if anyone from these boards ever missed the ship they really do everything in their power to get you back in time. Does anyone have any recommendations for how pushy you need to be to actually get on those first tenders? We don't want to be late 2 years in a row...and now we have 2 tender ports to contend with (and we don't book Carnival excursions - they're too crowded, even if they weren't overpriced).

I'm not sure, but I thought the waterworks and other new features were only for the Fantasy class ships. The evolution of fun info on the Carnival site only mentions Fantasy class. It'd be great to have it on the Spirit class, too. Maybe they will be next. :)

You are correct...I was having a SENIOR moment.

Fantasy class only...sorry folks!!!!

On tendering in Belize: last year we booked cave tubing with Major Tom of ********* adventures (just google him) - it was the best excursion we've ever taken, and will be using him again in December of this year and probably adding ziplining too. However, you have to be very pushy to get on that first tender if you're not on a boat-sponsored excursion. Unfortunately, we're not rude and tend to follow directions. Our tour van had already left with the other 6 people or so in our group, but Major Tom still had someone waiting for us at the pier. She put us in a cab, which raced to catch up with the van for no extra charge. Also, last year we were only in Belize until 3 I believe, and we still had time to shop for a little while at the pier before getting in the tender line. The independent operators would lose so much business if anyone from these boards ever missed the ship they really do everything in their power to get you back in time. Does anyone have any recommendations for how pushy you need to be to actually get on those first tenders? We don't want to be late 2 years in a row...and now we have 2 tender ports to contend with (and we don't book Carnival excursions - they're too crowded, even if they weren't overpriced).

Lots of people just line up and go off the ship (like they are on a Carnival excursion) I doubt they check EVERY passenger ....

OR you can book however many more Carnival cruises you need to reach 10 on this cruise...then you will be Platinum and get Priority Tendering!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
PMC7704:

I believe a while back you asked me to let you know how room 8232 was.....(if this wasnt you, sorry)

8232 was good. You dont back up to the laundry room like our TA said, instead you back up to the ice machine area for the stewards. BUT, the machine sits back in their room quite a ways so we never heard it. The only thing we did hear was the people's kids next door on the other side.

With the extended balcony, we only got 2 chairs for this long balcony. We were supposed to have 2 lounge chairs as well but the steward said they were a fire hazzard so they had to take them out.....but the people next to us had them. So the balcony was very roomy but we never made it to the other end because there was nothing down there. Hope you get some lounge chairs when you go. (if not, demand them. we asked but were told no)

Also, I see you still have a ways till your legend cruise and I know the crew switch out every six months.....so I dont know if you will have our steward but let me tell you a few things about him: (This is if you have him) His name is Anthony.The first thing he will tell you are his hours. So this was a hint not to call him between 12:30 and 5:30. Our toilet broke twice. (not from us, just on its own) The second time it took Anthony an hour and a half to call us back and by then it was 5:30 (his "on" time)

We only saw him 3 times and he never spoke unless we spoke to him.

Hopefully you will get someone else.

We found this whole ship to be a "so-so" on our list. I havent had the time to write a review yet, but it will come soon and I will list everything.....good and bad.

Overall, make the most of it like we did. :)

Wow....he told you his hours. I am afraid that if my toilet broke down I would have to call the Pursers desk and explain that since it is outside of the Stewards hours they need to send someone.....NOW. I have never heard such a thing and I am sorry that was your experience. Has anyone else had a steward give them their hours?

Ok so I have searched many sites and I can't seem to find any good pics of a Legend Upper deck 7a partially obstructed balcony room. I am sure I will enjoy just having a balcony but I would love to know what to expect. Does anyone have pics of this type of room???

Thanks

Here ya go.

EDIT: I see someone already posted for you. Sorry for the dup.

We stayed at Chase Suites, for the ship to shore rate, they picked you up at the airport, took you to the port the next day then took you from the port to the airport after the cruise. Also included breaky.

We really liked it and are staying there again in March

Kim

Is it a nice hotel? is there somewhere near to shop and go for dinner?

We stayed at Chase Suites, for the ship to shore rate, they picked you up at the airport, took you to the port the next day then took you from the port to the airport after the cruise. Also included breaky.

We really liked it and are staying there again in March

Kim

I am so glad to see this, I just made reservations at the Chase Suites for our cruise in January 2008. What time do they take you to the port. We are suppose to leave at 4:00pm.

Yes, there is a Bahama Breezes or something like that right next door. Other then that, I didn't see any restaurants within walking distance.

When you check in they allow you to book your shuttle time, we went over at I think 10 or 10:30AM and was on the ship in about 30 - 45 mins.

Kim

Yes, there is a Bahama Breezes or something like that right next door. Other then that, I didn't see any restaurants within walking distance.

When you check in they allow you to book your shuttle time, we went over at I think 10 or 10:30AM and was on the ship in about 30 - 45 mins.

Kim

Thanks for the information. Is there maybe a store to pick up water and snacks and last minute items. Also a question about pick up and drop off at air port. Is there a hotel phone at airport that you can pick up and call for a ride. Do you need to call after the cruise, or do you schedule that before you go?

There was a little convenience type store, walking distance they had pop, water, milk etc.

Yes there is a courtasy phone at the airport to call and they will come pick you up and then after the cruise you have to call them, the only payphone that was in the area at the time was at the aquarium, we called and they picked us up within about 15-20 mins.

They picked us up at the airport near the car rentals, and at the port on the first level of the underground, the driver will probably point that out to you when he drops you off, ours did.

Kim

There was a little convenience type store, walking distance they had pop, water, milk etc.

Yes there is a courtasy phone at the airport to call and they will come pick you up and then after the cruise you have to call them, the only payphone that was in the area at the time was at the aquarium, we called and they picked us up within about 15-20 mins.

They picked us up at the airport near the car rentals, and at the port on the first level of the underground, the driver will probably point that out to you when he drops you off, ours did.

Kim

Thanks again for the information. This is our first cruise and we are from North Dakota, so we thought we better go a day early to make sure weather does not stop us. I hope it all works out. It will be a nice break for the cold.

Deb and Lar enjoy your first cruise, I think you picked a good one.!!!

Thank you so much, I am sure we will. These boards get a person so addicted that I find my self wondering "Where should we go next?". I think I would like go to Southern Caribbean, but then read something on Eastern and I think we should go there too. That's when my husband reminds me that we have not gone on the first one yet, and maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself. Anyway thanks for the information.

heypeety,

We are on the same cruise, come join our roll call. Here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=577604

I tried to get a reservation at Chase, but they wouldn't take one night. I'm still looking for a pre cruise hotel, but I just made final cruise payment tonite.:D

Sally

Did you try calling them directly. That is how I did it, and was able to get a Ship and Shore pkg. You have to ask for that. I read this on one of the message boards. We just made our final payment also. Will they let us know our cabin number soon? I will join roll call soon. I have not had a chance to look yet. Thanks for the invite!

I would try calling Chase directly. I have 1 night only booked for March ship to shore package...no problems.

Kim

What day are you guys sailing? Your ticker puts you on the Legend around a Wednesday!

I am sailing on March 2 and someone on our roll call has their ticker saying 3 months, 3 weeks and 2 days today.

If you're leaving the 2nd, I'll get you our roll call link! We're building a fun group!

No we are cruising on the March 9th......but we are leaving March 6th heading to Florida a little early.

I should check my ticker.

Kim

That would be right then if your counting down to when you leave!

I'll high five you as I am leaving the boat and you're getting on!

Mustard Man..... just curious do you know in our roll call is there alot of teens??? We just looked at flight for the week we are going....just released....and they are crazy so we might move the cruise up a week. However, we will have DD 15 with us and will want kids to hang with...we cruised last Oct and there was no other teens and she was so bored.

Kim

Mustard Man..... just curious do you know in our roll call is there alot of teens??? We just looked at flight for the week we are going....just released....and they are crazy so we might move the cruise up a week. However, we will have DD 15 with us and will want kids to hang with...we cruised last Oct and there was no other teens and she was so bored.

Kim

Here is a link to our roll call thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=497286

I know just my wife and I are cruising (our kids are not coming) but I know others are bringing kids but I do not know ages. Go on over and ask any questions you want!

Hi ! Our Legend cruise isn't until April 20th, but we thought that if lucky, we'll be onboard early enough to still leave ship and go shopping at Channelside for swimear, etc.

Question: Is Channelside Mall just across from Tampa Pier # 2 ? (we read that that is the normal Carnival pier).

Thanks alot !