Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

We took the stool out of our cabin which my sister sat on and my mom and I sat on the two reclining chairs and we propped out feet on the little table. There seemed to be plenty of room. I think I liked this cabin w/extended balcony and ship the best of all that I've been on.

We also had a medical emergency on our cruise and had to return to Cozumel the same evening. We didn't return to the pier. A tender met the ship.

I look forward to reading your review.

Our experience with the tendering in Belize was they gave us ticket number 4 which was not a carnival ticket, just a plain white ticket. When the guy called out cave tubing, we were doing a private tour, we got up and walked out of the follies lounge not really knowing where we were going and figured it out for ourselves. We got on the tender with I think it was number 23 hoping it was going to the pier, which it did. We did the cave-tubing and were back to the pier at 3:30 as promised, and even stopped at Amigos for lunch.

we are cruiseing 5-4-08. would like to do the tubing. need to know what everyone thinks about who to book with. Do I go with the crusie line or who?

Check out the Belize section in the ports of call - there are SEVERAL threads about cave tubing. They should answer any/all of your questions!

Has anyone done the Carnival Turneffe snorkel excursion lately? I am trying to find out if you get picked up right from the ship and it doesn't say on Carnival's website. We would like to avoid tendering to shore and having to rush to meet an independent tour.

Thanks,

SallyB

Hi. We are making a thread for any questions related to the Legend.

We are leaving on Sunday so if there are any specific questions we'll be happy to try and get the answers next week. :)

Maybe someone should make sure these 2 weren't lost at sea!

I know it will be done by 1/20 because my PVP told me. I was going to book that week, but the week after was a little less expensive. I can wait one more week to save up for more spending money, but it's not easy!:o

Planning on going on the Legend this February...Can anyone that has been on the Legend recently remember if there was a ping pong tournament on either of the sea days? I was disappointed that there was no ping pong tourament when I was on the Valor last year.

Thanks!

Anybody have good recommendations for a pre-stay in Tampa? I'd prefer someplace that maybe would have transport from the airport to the hotel for free, transport to the pier for free/cheap would be a plus, too.

So where has everybody stayed?

We stayed at Chase Suites, for the ship to shore rate, they picked you up at the airport, took you to the port the next day then took you from the port to the airport after the cruise. Also included breaky.

We really liked it and are staying there again in March

Kim

What catagory do you have to be in to get the use Bathrobes. Do they have mini fridges.

Thanks

Linda

EVERY stateroom on Carnival Legend is supplied with a mini fridge and big beautiful bathrobes for your use. My DH & I estimate the robes go up to a size men's 4X and are so luxurious we seriously considered buying a couple to take home with us, if only we didn't have nice robes at home already!:rolleyes: As for the mini fridge, we had our steward unlock ours so we could store a few items in it but there wasn't much room with all the cans and mini-bottles of drinks already packed inside. Many stewards will not remove these for you and if you remove them yourself you're considered to have bought them (for a high price) plus you'll be charged a restocking fee. So you'll just have to see what your particular steward will do for you.

Regardless, enjoy your cruise!:cool:

I was looking at the layout of the ship, and noticed there isn't many oceanview rooms. Does this mean if you book an oceanview guarantee you're more likely to get a balcony upgrade on Legend?

We booked an OV Gty. on the Legend. The percentage of an upgrade is greater on the Spirit class ship than the others. Wish us luck!! We are going in Dec. and as of today it still says TBA. I'll let you know if we get any "great" surprises.

What catagory do you have to be in to get the use Bathrobes. Do they have mini fridges.

On Spirit class ships all cabins have robes and mini-fridges. The robes in Cat 11 and Cat 12 suites are nicer than the ones found in non-suite cabins though.