Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

My husband and I just got off the ship this morning and we were in Cabin 8232. Our cabin steward, Anthony, was fabulous. Any request we made was handled quickly. We were discussing cabin stewards with our tablemates a few nights into the cruise and they commented how pleased they were with their steward. He rearranged their minibar so their champagne would be chilled when they returned from dinner the first night and had flutes waiting for them when they returned to their cabin. As it turned out, they were 3 doors down from us and Anthony was also their steward.

While older photos of the Legend do indeed show lounge chairs on this cabin's balcony, they are no longer there. Nor were they on the extended balcony beside ours either.

Glad to hear you liked Anthony. Sorry, but we didnt. Like I said in my previous post, the first thing he told us were his hours and to only call him for an emergency between the hours of 12:30 and 5:30. The toilet broke around 3 and it took him until 5:30 to call us back. And BTW: when we did call him, the phone would ring and then someone would pick up and then hang up.

Also, Anthony TOLD us that morning that the chairs were a fire hazzard so he took them out THAT morning we arrived. AND he told us that the people next to us had newer lounge chairs but there werent any more. The whole thing was fishy. If they werent in the room next to you, then he must have taken those out as well. All I know is what he told us.

Our tables mates had him as well and liked him. They joked with us and said maybe we should have slipped him some money on the first day to take care of us. Well I'm sorry but that's not how we work. We feel that if you do your "JOB" and take care of us the whole week, THEN you get a BIG tip. Not before.

We are booked on the legend for 12/2/07. We booked a balcony guarantee. I have been looking everyday and I just saw room 8208. It is on the panaroma deck almost under the atrium. Does anyone know what kind of location this is? Lots of noise at night? I'm just happy to be going on a cruise and I don't REALLY care, just curious so I know what to expect!

THANKS TO ALL!:D

Loved the Legend. Balcony room (6186) which is near stairs and very convenient. Staff and fellow cruisers were very friendly. Food is good - enjoyed the grill, the pizza and supper club.

Roatan is wonderful - gorgeous mountains and beautiful beaches. Zip lining is the thing to do here and I highly recommend it. Also went to West End. Beach is small, but water is clear and locals are friendly.

GC - did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour and recommend it.

Cozumel - can't recommend Coral Reef A-I through Island Marketing. Coral Reef is now part of Wyndham and staff is most interested in selling timeshares. Drinks were good; food was not. Beach and pool are wonderful.

Belize - Rio Wallace and Altun Ha Ruins through Carnival - excellent excursion. Boat trip is great.

Ship is very stable - we had bad weather on Friday night and Saturday but it was never a problem. Sky cleared in time for "On Deck for the Cure" walk for breast cancer research. $10 paid at Formalties (by shops) and you get a t-shirt, pink wristband, Carnival visor and they serve water and lemonade. Lots of fun and good exercise (walked four times around deck 10).:)

I have read several reviews with some conflicting information. We have an aft extended balcony (#4241) and were hoping for lounge chairs. We are both bigger guys and the little plastic things just don't look comfortable. Do they offer the lounge chairs?

I heard your room steward is more helpful if you tip some up front. What's a good amount? I don't mind tipping more, especially for good service, but if it's crappy I'm off to the purser to reduce that tip. Any recommendations?

Isn't it Dec. 2 yet!!!! (I've got the song..."I'm so excited" stuck in my head now!)

• 2 weeks later...

I am exausted after reading 23 pages!!! 2 more questions though...1. On carnival's website it says the Legends formal nights are the 2nd and 3rd nights on board. However I saw a post here that formal nights were Monday and Friday. So which is it??? 2. I keep hearing about these amazing showers in the spa...are they free to use? Or is there a fee? I would love to experience one of those commerical showers you see on tv with all those shower heads!! Thanks!!!

Dani

1sttimerhere: I read that there are computers and internet service in the library.

BiminiGirl: I have heard that the formal nights are on the sea days - which would be Monday and Saturday. I know Monday for sure - but not sure if on our cruise the 2nd formal will be Friday or Saturday. YES- The showers in tha spa are free!! Don't they sound great? I'm definately gonna go there and try them out!

We brought a laptop but found it faster and easier to just use theirs to quickly check email. I did use our laptop once because I had to upload a file and send it so obviously I needed the file off my computer. It's rather slow so you will use your minutes faster than you think either way but it beats the telephone rates and some things I just couldn't do by phone (like upload the file lol) so it served its purpose for me. The rates were .75 a minute or you can buy packages of minutes which can drop it down to less. I think 100 minutes were $55 and then 200 minutes were $100 I didn't get a package but in the end I should have. Now I know.... There was a special on one of the mornings where between 8 and 10 am ( i think it was) your time was half off. I took advantage of that one so I could get my files sent. If I wouldn't have forgotten my cell phone I could have gotten away with just that one usage time. GRRR! Anyway....that's my internet info from the legend...hope it helps! :)

As stated sailing 2/10 cabin 5222. Noticed some mentions about the balconies on this ship as they seem to be terraced, so what is the deal with them, the wife is becoming worried , this is second cruise we did the Glory on feb 07, loved sleeping with balcony door open at night. Also has anyone been in the cabins just above the lifeboats, can you see over them. New to board, lurked for a while, but glad to be here.:D

countdown.pl?name=Cardzz%20and%20Cruzin&date=2-10-2008&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Carnival%20Legend

on the Jan 20th sailing i am in Cabin 5220 so i will be right beside the cabin you are in. If i per chance remember i will let you know what it was like i will let you know

We had no problems with the tender in Belize - they pull the boat right up to the ship, and while it rocked, we just jumped aboard. We took the shore excusion booked through Carnival to Goff's Caye snorkeling and loved it. One of our kids was only 2 at the time, but he and my husband stayed on the beach while my older son and I went out on the boat to snorkel. The good thing about that trip is if you are not a strong swimmer, the snorleking is great from the island.

The only "down-side" to the tender is that the ship ended up leaving port 1.5 hrs late because as my husband and I stood on the balcony, we watched tender after tender after fishing excusion after tender keep coming up to the boat.

Also, the people we ate with took their son cave tubing and said it was awesome. They did not book through the cruise line and almost got left (except for the delay I talked about above, they would have been) due to miscalculations of time (there is a time change) and a broken down van. After that nightmare, I will pay the extra money to book through Carnival!

We had no problems with the tender in Belize - they pull the boat right up to the ship, and while it rocked, we just jumped aboard. We took the shore excusion booked through Carnival to Goff's Caye snorkeling and loved it. One of our kids was only 2 at the time, but he and my husband stayed on the beach while my older son and I went out on the boat to snorkel. The good thing about that trip is if you are not a strong swimmer, the snorleking is great from the island.

The only "down-side" to the tender is that the ship ended up leaving port 1.5 hrs late because as my husband and I stood on the balcony, we watched tender after tender after fishing excusion after tender keep coming up to the boat.

Also, the people we ate with took their son cave tubing and said it was awesome. They did not book through the cruise line and almost got left (except for the delay I talked about above, they would have been) due to miscalculations of time (there is a time change) and a broken down van. After that nightmare, I will pay the extra money to book through Carnival!

Thanks posting the info on Goff's Caye, we are looking at that excursion to book for Dec. Now that you have told us about the returning tenders and the time mixups, I think we will go ahead and book the Carnival one.

Pat

I have read several reviews with some conflicting information. We have an aft extended balcony (#4241) and were hoping for lounge chairs. We are both bigger guys and the little plastic things just don't look comfortable. Do they offer the lounge chairs?

I heard your room steward is more helpful if you tip some up front. What's a good amount? I don't mind tipping more, especially for good service, but if it's crappy I'm off to the purser to reduce that tip. Any recommendations?

Isn't it Dec. 2 yet!!!! (I've got the song..."I'm so excited" stuck in my head now!)

:p we're your neighbors on the cruise;) -it's a small world afterall lol

if you do a seach here for carnival legend aft balconies - several different threads have different pics. Also, check out webshots for many more

Anyone know why cruisecal dot com is showing the Legend suddenly in Cozumel on Wednesday and Friday. Very strange as it was right last week.

Anyone hear anything official yet?

saw it when i went to ressie see if any more excursions were offered for Roatan & noticed the switch.

Over on the Roatan thread, several have posted their subsequent cruises haven't switched.

IMO, it's great - give us more time in Roatan to have fun.:D of course, all is subject to change lol.

Anyone know why cruisecal dot com is showing the Legend suddenly in Cozumel on Wednesday and Friday. Very strange as it was right last week.

Anyone hear anything official yet?

That is very strange. Our recent cruise (Sept. 16-23) stopped at Cozumel twice but the second time was due to a medical emergency.

Is there zip line tours in Nov?? Please help!!

there are @ least 2 (if not 3 other) zipline tour spots in Roatan; check out the port thread; open to anyone.

gumbalimba website http://www.gumbalimbapark.com

states that it is only bookable thru cruiseship lines. It has been reported that once you purchase a gumbalimba excursion (any) you can add on the zipline - don't quote me.lol

I just want the park tour/Pirates, birds & monkeys of Caribbean; hope it's offered. Same site mentions a lobster lunch that's available too - yum.

here's a map of the complex; seems to have plenty to do

Gumbalimba_Map_by_Adam.JPG

Reading through all these posts...

I haven't book yet, but my husband and I will be going on Legend with my parents on Jan. 18, 09. My parents will be getting a standard balcony room. And I was looking in to getting an ext. balcony room.. I'm looking in to 6232, 7258, and 8232. But I'm very concern about being near the stairs, elevator, & ice machine/laudery room. I have read that people didn't hear any noise out side the room..But we like to take naps in the afternoons.. What about during the day how is the noise?

We just got off Fascination. We where on the Empress deck 3 doors down from the Lobby, elevator & stairs.. And you could hear noise during high peck times..I just don't want to have that problem.

We had cabin 5111 with an extended balcony. I spend two hours yesterday just sitting in the sun yesterday reading a book. Got some sun.

Camp Carnival is on this floor at the end of the hallway and so we had a few kids who thought it was funny to knock on our door and run. It was usually during the afternoon or some time like that, never late at night. I did love our extended balcony.

My mom and dad had 6169 and they had a really small balcony.

Wish we had done a tour with Bodden tours, we got off the ship on Roatan and found a guy who took us around the island for $10 a piece and I think we got our money's worth. We would have seen more with the Bodden tours. My family just didn't want to spend the $25 it would have cost for the four of us. (I would've)

JaguarGirl We had cabin 5111 with an extended balcony. I spend two hours yesterday just sitting in the sun yesterday reading a book. Got some sun.

My mom and dad had 6169 and they had a really small balcony.

Your room in 5111 was there enough room for four regular chairs? The reason I'm asking it I'm thinking of getting an ext. balcony so when we want we can have a private place to sit with my parents on the balcony.. I was just making sure we didn't feel crowded..

My parents are planning on getting the smaller balcony.

I asked my PVP he said it was 60 sq. ft. enough room for that. But wanted to ask someone that has used the ext. balcony rooms on the side of the ship.

Thanks. We will be on the Legend in November. Deck 4 Aft, room 4219. Any knowledge about the room or the floor????:D

Just off the Legend yesterday, room 4102 (inside room). It's a quiet floor. We were at the front of the ship, by the elevators and top entrance to Follies. We were surprised how quiet the room was. Good location overall.

As for the Formal Nights, ours were on Monday (sea day) and Friday (Roatan). Cruisecal showed us at Cozumel 2x also, however our itinerary was Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan. We were following the Valor, which was at Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Maybe that's where the confusion lies for Cruisecal.

Hopefully I can post a review and some pics, once I finish ALL THIS LAUNDRY!