Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

how sound proof are the rooms? Do you ever hear your neighbors? Tv's, radio's, kids, parties, or etc..

Not that it's a big deal, just curious.

I didn't notice any noise from the neighbors. Some people state that you may catch some noise if your room is below a night club or the lido deck. I you are not a sound sleeper, it's best to pack some ear plugs just to be safe.

how sound proof are the rooms? Do you ever hear your neighbors? Tv's, radio's, kids, parties, or etc..

Not that it's a big deal, just curious.

Have never heard any noice from neighbors - we were located directly across for the laundry room and if there was alot of traffic did not hear that either.

Just off the Legend 8/26. Never heard a sound from neighboring cabins. Enchanted Forest is a rather secluded area, however it leads to the arcade so the kids do discover it more then adults. I saw several kids sitting in the portholes reading (yes reading). Anything else I can answer fire away.

Will be in 6184 for our Dec 09, 2007 cruise.

On the Deck Plan, I can clearly see that the elevators will be close to the room, but there is also something else further forward. What exactly is that? Stairs?

And if anyone has stayed in such close proximity to the stairs (if that's what they are) and elevators, has noise been an issue for you?

Dannzigg, I am sailing on the Legend on 08/19. I am staying in room # 6186. I will let you know how the noise is from the elevators and stairs are. This was a concern of ours as well.

Hoping to hear back from you, or anyone else who may know :)

Dannzigg. Just got off the ship and I really enjoyed my trip. As far as the noise from the hallway and the elevators. I didn't hear any of it at all. The only time that I heard noise out in the hallway was the last night when they were collecting the luggage. It is nice to have the elevators and stairs so close to your room. I doubt that you will hear any noise from the stairs or elevators. Enjoy your trip and let me know if you have any other questions about the ship.

Sailing on the Legend on the 23rd Sept. :D First time on a Carnival ship, I've only ever done a 4 day cruise with RC.

I keep seeing references on the review to a safe in the cabin and taking old credit cards but I can't find any details.... what's that all about? :confused:

Sailing on the Legend on the 23rd Sept. :D First time on a Carnival ship, I've only ever done a 4 day cruise with RC.

I keep seeing references on the review to a safe in the cabin and taking old credit cards but I can't find any details.... what's that all about? :confused:

The rooms in the cabins hacve a small safe. When you get there, if you want to use the safe you first need to scan something through the slot. It has a scan card lock set up. Whatever you scan in the first swipe will be your safe opening thing. The first scan locks it in as YOURS. They ask you not to use your room key and some people have reported that they used a credit card but somehow it demagnitized it. I have never had that happen but I have heard of it several times here on CC. Many people now bring something of less importance with a magnetic strip to use like an old hotel room card or a grocery card. Does that explain it better?

The rooms in the cabins hacve a small safe. When you get there, if you want to use the safe you first need to scan something through the slot. It has a scan card lock set up. Whatever you scan in the first swipe will be your safe opening thing. The first scan locks it in as YOURS. They ask you not to use your room key and some people have reported that they used a credit card but somehow it demagnitized it. I have never had that happen but I have heard of it several times here on CC. Many people now bring something of less importance with a magnetic strip to use like an old hotel room card or a grocery card. Does that explain it better?

OH! That's great, thanks for the quick reply!

Thank you for starting this thread! This will be our first time in an inside cabin. We decided to save money and spend it elsewhere! I have a couple of questions, do the inside cabins have refrigerators?

Also, I cannot remember if there are hair dryers in the bathroom??? If I don't have to bring my huge hair dryer I can pack another pair of shoes!

Thanks,

Linda

Thank you for starting this thread! This will be our first time in an inside cabin. We decided to save money and spend it elsewhere! I have a couple of questions, do the inside cabins have refrigerators?

Also, I cannot remember if there are hair dryers in the bathroom??? If I don't have to bring my huge hair dryer I can pack another pair of shoes!

Thanks,

Linda

Yes, inside cabins have mini-fridges and hair dryers.

Let's all cross our fingers that Carnival announces the extended "new" port schedule soon (Glory is listed on Port Canaverals site thru Dec.)...hard to wait:o lol.

DS (who will be 14-1/2;) ) is lifting weights as we speak, asked if he was allowed to use the gym with parental supervison:confused: ?

How about the hot tub there?

Mom3Boys - yes, they have hair dryers that are probably good for the guys. They are probably not good for the women unless you have short or fine hair. Could take forever to dry your hair if it is long. I always bring my own. But I have a travel one with almost as much power as my big one.

Let's all cross our fingers that Carnival announces the extended "new" port schedule soon (Glory is listed on Port Canaverals site thru Dec.)...hard to wait:o lol.

DS (who will be 14-1/2;) ) is lifting weights as we speak, asked if he was allowed to use the gym with parental supervison:confused: ?

How about the hot tub there?

Kids 12-16 are allowed to use the gym whith parent supervision. If you have 3 or more in one cabin send some to gym to shower. My son and I showered there most every night.

quick question for ya'all.... I'm working on my door sign for the Legend Christmas cruise, and don't know whether to print it on magnetic paper or not. Can someone tell me if the doors on the the Legend are metal, or should I just bring my tape ???

First cruise will be on the Legend starting on Sunday (9/9)!

Quick question. Will we be able to watch any baseball games in perhaps one of the bars? The Red Sox play the Yankees during the last few days and I imagine at least one or two of the games will be a national broadcast.

Quick question. Will we be able to watch any baseball games in perhaps one of the bars? The Red Sox play the Yankees during the last few days and I imagine at least one or two of the games will be a national broadcast.

Chrisgeleven - We'll be cruising with you and also looking for Sox games. I think we should be able to catch at least one game in the Sports Bar they have. My concern was seeing the Pats on Sunday. We are going straight to the Sports Bar to at least catch some game and at least see scores!

quick question for ya'all.... I'm working on my door sign for the Legend Christmas cruise, and don't know whether to print it on magnetic paper or not. Can someone tell me if the doors on the the Legend are metal, or should I just bring my tape ???

Yes the doors are medal:) .

The Sports Bar will be your best chance to catch any games.