Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Will be on the Legend 6/8-6/15. Family time, daughter 18, son 7, me and husband. I read and scanned many of the messages on this thread and have a few questions. I'm sure I'll think of more. Is everything included in the price except drinks and gratiuity? ...even the special dinners? Cabins picked are main deck 4138 and 4136. Any comments? Thanks so much! Can't wait!!!

Wireless internet? Cost?

We leave this weekend. We are booked in cabin 4136, so I will give you the details when we get back.:)

I repeat, it is physically impossible to have more or less movement as you go to upper or lower decks. You have to realize that you are imagining this. You WILL feel less movement as you go fore and aft, but not from the crow's nest to the bilge.

Sorry 4kids but you are incorrect. Being a 100T offshore captain myself and having an understanding of physics there is DEFINITELY a difference between the movement of upper decks versus the lower decks. Lower decks do feel less "ROLL" than the upper decks.

Just envision a metronome rocking back and forth. The bottom of the metronome moves an inch while the top rocks five or six inches. This is the same as in a ship... The lower and more centered the cabin the less movement you will feel.

I am looking to spend one of our days in port diving. I am certified but usually end up diving once a year while cruising. Any recommendations on which port would be best for me to book dive?

cringo,

I would suggest that when you leave the tender area in Cayman, you walk down to Eden Rock for shore diving. I have info I pulled from the Cayman port of call board about them. There are also other spots you can walk to, but they seem to have a good reputation.

I am looking to spend one of our days in port diving. I am certified but usually end up diving once a year while cruising. Any recommendations on which port would be best for me to book dive?

We dove in Belize....since you tender there anyway, the dive boat picked us right up and took us out to the Cay. We did a 2-tank dive and it was amazing!

Will (me and husband) be on the Legend 6/8-6/15 with 2 kids, girl 18, boy 7. We are interested in doing the zip line, snorkeling, possibly swimming with the dolphins and the "cave thing" . Any advice on where to do each thing and who to use to set these up? This is our first cruise and we are very "green." Thanks!

You probably want to check out the boards for each port, you'll be going to.

Here are a few suggestions though. I'm not going to suggest specific tour operators here, you'll find them on the boards for the ports of call.

Cave tubing--Belize: there are many different operators for this tour, if you go to the Belize board, they'll have plenty of recommendations. You can also do zip lining here, but it's supposedly better in Roatan.

Zip line--Roatan/Belize: Either go with Carnival, or you might be better contacting a private operator. There are recommendations on the Roatan board.

Dolphins--Definitely Cozumel! Terrific Dolphin programs. Book the Royal Swim separately and you'll get a MUCH better experience for less $$.

Snorkeling--Any port really. You could combine it with the dolphin swim or zip lining, or in Grand Cayman many operators/tours do a swimming with stingrays and beach/snorkel/etc. combo. Check them out!

What dive company did you use?

We just booked directly with the ship. The operator they used was Hugh Parkey and they were exceptional. Their equipment was great, the number of divers onboard very reasonable, and they had a great spread of homemade food onboard for the surface interval time.

Can you get box lunches when you go off the ship for excursions. If so, is that an extra charge? thx. Having a blast planning this trip, excursions, etc.!!!

Gogogirl, We just took what we wanted off the ship...they didn't have box lunches, per se.

hi all, any info on the legend's recent dry dock ? mini golf ? outdoor screen ? or just a face lift ?

We should hear after the people on the current cruise get back on Sunday. This is the first cruise for the Legend after coming out of drydock.

We just booked directly with the ship. The operator they used was Hugh Parkey and they were exceptional. Their equipment was great, the number of divers onboard very reasonable, and they had a great spread of homemade food onboard for the surface interval time.

Thanks for the info!

Can you get box lunches when you go off the ship for excursions. If so, is that an extra charge? thx. Having a blast planning this trip, excursions, etc.!!!

It is my understanding that the only thing you are supposed to take off the ship is pre-packaged food. No fresh foods should be taken into the ports. I am not sure if/how this is enforced, but it is similar to the US Customs ban on bringing in fruit etc where the real reason is to eliminate the chance of introducing a new insect or other malady into a port that has no natural defenses against it.

(OK, I did a terrible job of explaining that, but I hope it makes sense.)

Quick question here...........sorry but don't have time to read all posts

this morning.

Do all balcony cabins have refrigeratos in them on the Legend? Was

told maybe only suites.

All cabins on the Legend have the mini-fridges. Take note that they don't get real cold though.