Azamara Inaugural Departure Delayed

MaryJean56

keep an eye on the post "Post Journey Answers Here" Most of your questions are posted there and we hope to get answers from current passengers. (I Also want to know ablut a Craps table!!!I will be on the June 30 sailing.....when will your husband be going?)

There are some answers posted by EPH89 at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=549055

Some she posted in between the lines so you need to read carefully

Hello all,

I am planning on going on the Amazara Journey on August 4th. I was wondering if anyone has ever been on a cruise in August and what are the weather conditions?. I'm scared of hurricanes or any storm. I went on a cruise last year (Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas) and absolutely fell in love with the "cruise-life" lol. I was also wondering, has anyone been on the Norwegian Dawn? For some reason, the prices are extremely cheap and was wondering if any one has any comments about this ship.

Thanks alot,

Kathy

Hello all,

I am planning on going on the Amazara Journey on August 4th. I was wondering if anyone has ever been on a cruise in August and what are the weather conditions?. I'm scared of hurricanes or any storm. I went on a cruise last year (Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas) and absolutely fell in love with the "cruise-life" lol. I was also wondering, has anyone been on the Norwegian Dawn? For some reason, the prices are extremely cheap and was wondering if any one has any comments about this ship.

Thanks alot,

Kathy

Hi - we cruised to Bermuda in August of 2005 - had a great time in Bermuda and really loved it. The weather was hot but completly tolerable, the beaches were beautiful, and the water was very warm. Going back this year on September 1st.

Now, please note that we departed NYC on a ship of similar size as Journey (Regent Seven Seas Navigator) and sailed on a wednesday (that was 2 days after Katrina hit New Orleans). We sailed to Bermuda through very strong winds (gail force) that the greater storm system was creating - The ship moved a lot and they canceled the show and the pool was mostly empied out - it looked more like a wave machine than a pool.

I personally enjoy a rough sea and thought of it a fun and adventure - we were at sea and it felt like it. Others were upset and felt sick. However, as we moved 1/2 way accross to Bermuda the winds quieted and the rest of the week was awsome.

In general Bermuda does not get many huricanes - It is a bit north - but of course they can.

So don't stress - Go with the flow. If you get some wind and some waves, roll with it... otherwise, take a plane :-)

Archived