RCCL vs. Princess

Sweetbeeb

Hello all!

I'm not looking for a debate on which cruise line is better. I am a RCCL loyal cruiser, but based on the itineraries for the fall/winter, I'm looking into possibly trying a Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess. A cruise is a cruise, and I am sure it will be great, but what can I expect to be the same/different between the two lines? Major culture shock?

Freshwater pools on Princess

No ice skating rink or rock climbing wall

Smoother, faster lifeboat drill

Putting personal preferences aside, pretty similar in food/service

Although there are differences, I have found them to be very comparable (sailed on each 3 times). I pick between them based upon who happens to have the best price/itinerary for a particular area I want to go to at a particular time.

This summer, we are doing the Med on the Royal--a smaller ship and a sister to the Tahitian and Pacific Princesses for which until now RCCL had nothing similar. However, through Celebrity's new Azamara subsidiary, for not a huge price bump over an RCCL cruise, they now have two of the former sister Renaissance line ships. That will provide a future alternative should we really like the Royal.

Les

Archived