Psychic PVP

Well, I'm sure she's not psychic, but it sure seemed like it. We booked our 5/19 Glory sailing a couple of weeks ago. Mom and I are both past guests and had been looking at different itineraries online. Finally Mom had filled out all the booking information online, was about to move the mouse into position to click the submit button, when the phone rang. And who was it but our PVP :eek:. Didn't ask, but we can only guess they monitor your log-ins to the site. Anyone else had something like this happen?

Well, I'm sure she's not psychic, but it sure seemed like it. We booked our 5/19 Glory sailing a couple of weeks ago. Mom and I are both past guests and had been looking at different itineraries online. Finally Mom had filled out all the booking information online, was about to move the mouse into position to click the submit button, when the phone rang. And who was it but our PVP :eek:. Didn't ask, but we can only guess they monitor your log-ins to the site. Anyone else had something like this happen?

I don't know that a PVP could possibly monitor all of their guests on-line activity! :confused: BUT, maybe the system is set up to e-mail them when you do log on?

I want a good PVP. I liked the lady I booked my Alaska cruise with, but I didn't get her direct line or email addy. Are there some PVP's who just answer the "general" line and don't cater to individuals?

OH, and wanted to let you know, I was born and raised in N. GA, which is where I am now (carpet capital!) ... but once upon a time I lived in the Atlanta and Kennesaw areas! I've seen your name a couple of times and always smile when I see a fellow Georgian! :D

OH, and wanted to let you know, I was born and raised in N. GA, which is where I am now (carpet capital!) ... but once upon a time I lived in the Atlanta and Kennesaw areas! I've seen your name a couple of times and always smile when I see a fellow Georgian! :D

Hi! Always nice to meet an original Georgian. I know your area a bit - my brother used to live in Catoosa County (had a job in Chattanooga). It's beautiful up there!

They do know when you are logging in. Before I became a TA I would start researching our cruises on the Carnival site. Sure enough, within a couple of days I would come home from work and there would be a message from a PVP on my answering machine. I think they must have some sort of program that lets them know if you are doing some serious "shopping".

Hi! Always nice to meet an original Georgian. I know your area a bit - my brother used to live in Catoosa County (had a job in Chattanooga). It's beautiful up there!

Hey! I'm from Rome, GA...but now live in Atlanta, GA due to colege...nice to run into fellow georgians online

I have a question for you. We just booked our first Carnival cruise for September, 2009. How do you get a PVP? I called Carnival directly and made our reservation because it is a B2B and I asked the lady if she was a PVP and she said no.

We could rename this the Georgia thread :D Go Dawgs! I'm just north of the carpet capitol--but I play tennis there twice a week!

And yes I was browsing on Carnival's web site and got a phone call from a PVP the next day. I don't book thru Carnival so that was just plain weird. I did keep his card--but I'm just able to beat their prices elsewhere.

Hey! I'm from Rome, GA...but now live in Atlanta, GA due to colege...nice to run into fellow georgians online

I used to live in Cedartown..... like 30 years ago when I was still a kid. I never expected I'd ever run into someone from Rome!

haha yea we should...come to think of it I did recieve a call from a PVP....i posted about this and totally forgot about it..I made a username and everything and had already booked through a TA and i got a call from their PVP which was strange..this explains it though....

haha yea we should...come to think of it I did recieve a call from a PVP....i posted about this and totally forgot about it..I made a username and everything and had already booked through a TA and i got a call from their PVP which was strange..this explains it though....

I'm not fom Georgia, but I am pretty sure your PVP knows when you are playing around on Carnival's site.

I was looking at prices a few months ago, and sure enough my PVP called me the next day (and I hadn't spoken with her in 6 months). I think that's a bit much for coincidence. ;) And yes, I booked a cruise with her soon afterwards :D

The PVP I have now told me when she called the first time that she noticed I had been browsing the website. It worked out well - she's great and I was looking for a PVP this time instead of the TA we used last time.

What you say may be true, but I log in at least once a day and my PVP has never phoned me over that...........I think it depends on the PVP and the customer or its just a coincidence.

eek! I would hate to think that I am being monitored like that... and if so my PVP must think I'm crazy because sometimes I look at so many cruises at a time....:D I like to browse..

My PVP called yesterday and said he noticed I'd been browsing around at cruises and wondered if he could help. EEK. So they do know when you're interested.

Really???????? I check my cruise almost daily for price changes. They know this?

Apparently. It really shocked me, cuz' I'm on Carnival's website just about every day. I certainly didn't realize they could "monitor" who was looking. I guess to keep that from happening you could just "sign out" and go incognito :cool:

Archived