? about Aloe Vera

Sandi149

Ok ladies, I have a question about Aloe Vera. I am going on a cruise to the Carribean in a little more than 3 weeks. I am a very fair skinned person and burn very easily. I have bought all the high numbered sunscreens, hats, etc. I also don't plan on sitting in the sun very much, but it's the Caribbean, and I will be out on excursions. My question is.......I have a real aloe vera plant at home and I'm wondering if I take a cutting of it with me, will it survive? There will be a frig in my cabin, can I keep it in there? The real aloe vera is so much better for sunburns than the stuff you get a tube.

Any advice?

Thanks. :)

I would imagine it would dry out. But I agree, nothing like aloe vera for sunburn! Key West Aloe sells stuff called Save a Tan... 100 percent Aloe Vera. Great stuff. I got hooked on it my first trip to Key West. I'd tanned enough in a tanning bed i was sure I could handle driving from Miami to Key West in a convertible. I was mistaken. I bought some of the stuff and it kept me from peeling. They have a Web site in addition to several stores. If you're by chance in Key West during your cruise, you might want to check that out.

You can also buy pure aloe in a bottle that would prob. be better than trying to take a pinch of your plant with you.

I don't think you are supposed to take plants on or off the ship.

Why not just take the cream from the plant and put it in a small glass bottle and pack it? I wouldn't mess with the plant cutting itself.

Sounds like you have enough precautionary creams planned already. You won't need the aloe. Just continure to be smart about the sun. And have a great time. !!!

Just bring some that is bottled. It exactly the same stuff, but with a bit of "cooling" agent in it. It works just as well as the real thing. BUT--just don't get burned!!!! Use some heavy duty sunscreen. Nothing will ruin a vacation faster than a sunburn!

One of the most popular uses of aloe vera gel is for healing burns and sunburns.

There haven't been problems reported with the use of aloe gel, other than occasional allergic reactions.

from

ttp://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/Aloe.htm

I have Lupus, and I got a burn in Hawaii in February (I was so MAD at myself). Anyway, I bought some stuff at the Maui Aquarium store..and I thought it worked a LOT better than the Aloe Vera I have always used. I gave some to an employee at The Spa on the ship who also got burned, and they too were impressed. You have to order it though. Here is the info:

http://oilsofaloha.com/kea.php

Hope it works for you as well as it did me, but the best is NOT to get burned at all;)

Archived