Dam Ships

Wilbo

Just debarked in Vancouver off the Noordam after a 17 day trip via the Panama canal.

The voyage was perfect. We had two small rain showers of about 10 min. over 17 days.

The crew on the ship were second to none. The food was beyond our expectations. Drew looked after us all with many activities. Being a member of the PK club was one reason for Drew doing such a great job.

Capt. Scott ate most lunches at the Lido restaurant and was constantly visiting with passengers. What a great Capt. and P.R. man for HA.

I can't find fault with anything on our voyage.

The average age on our ship was 60 plus. Not a party ship for young people.

When in doubt sail H.A. but to be sure of a wonderful ship join a future voyage on the Noordam.

Welcome Home:) So glad you had such a wonderful 17 days on the Noordam. Some day I would love to make that voyage thru the Canal but till then I have to settle for 7 days cruises, which in just 5 weeks I will be on board the Noordam.

So happy you had such a wonderful cruise on that gorgeous ship. I couldn't agree more about Captain Scott (and his wife, Susan). Also think Drew is fantastic. All were wonderful when we were aboard Noordam in January.....as was the whole of Noordam's crew/Officers.

Lucky, lucky you to have been on Noordam's first transit through the Canal. We saw some web shots of her when you were there.

Welcome Back.

I'm so glad that you are so happy with your experience on the Noordam. Our family loved it too, and had nothing bad to say. We are hoping that we can get back on her soon.. :) Welcome Home!

=]

Elizabeth

Just a quick question for you, Who were your cabin and dining room stewards? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for making the time to share your obsevations with us and I am glad you had a good vacation.

And as for those that persist in the perception that HAL is a floating retirement home, the timing and duration of this cruise means the trend is towards a more mature crowd, which would be the case, regardless of cruise line or ship.

The demographics will change considerably as the Noordam progresses through the Alaska season, on her 7 day sails.

Drew looked after us all with many activities. Being a member of the PK club was one reason for Drew doing such a great job.
What's the "PK club"? :confused: That's a new term to me.

Is the Drew you referred to Drew Murdoch? He was our CD on the Westerdam in March.

Drew Murdock replaced Jason Venner on the Noordam when it returned to NYC on 4/21.

Drew was also the CD on my Noordam cruise as recently as January! Seems to be a constant game of musical CD's, doesn't it. :)

Drew Murdock replaced Jason Venner on the Noordam when it returned to NYC on 4/21.

Drew was also the CD on my Noordam cruise as recently as January! Seems to be a constant game of musical CD's, doesn't it. :)

No kidding! I hope he'll be back on the Westerdam next March. :)

Wilbo, I embarked msNoordam in NY and got off in Long Beach. It was indeed a wonderful time we shared together.

Drew is a terrific CD. Interesting he is a PK.

Jazzy was very entertaining and seemed to be a big hit with everyone.

Melissa did an amazing job as the "Rachael Ray" of the cruise. She has the looks and polish of a TV personality.

A guy named Richard Holt talked us through the Panama Canal. Most of his Panama Canal history and information was in error or made up on the spot but no one seemed to care. The color commentary on his life, growing up in Panama, the Navy, NASA, his wife, his DVD, etc., seemed to win much praise by the passengers.

We had a great trip and a happy surprise not being rained on.

We experienced the only really nice "rock you to sleep" waves coming up the Pacific coast. The Washington coast in particular had 7 foot waves and gale force winds that were loud and a bit bumpy. It was the most heavenly part of the cruise. Well not the loud part, but the bumpy was very nice.

Edits: Whoops, I forgot to mention I was on the Noordam from New York to Seattle as well. Answering questions asked of others. It was my favorite part!

Smiles, CJ

Archived