NBA Playoffs

Just off the AOS, there was a schedule posted in the sports bar, basically the ship is showing the games that are on ESPN/ABC. The games that are on TNT are not shown. I would assume that it will be the same for all ships, but I can't be sure of that.

Good luck trying to find basketball games on board any ship. We sailed one year during the Superbowl and all they were showing on the TVs were Nascar Races. We couldn't watch the superbowl so I am sure the NBA playoffs aren't going to be high on their list of sporting events.

Good luck.

Ann

It must depend on the ship and where you are sailing...

We just got off of Serenade on Saturday. I'm a big Utah Jazz fan and we were able to watch all of the games (there were 4 during our cruise) on TNT... They were shown in the cabin TV's and also in the Sports Bar.

We also watched the SuperBowl in February while on Jewel. We must have moved out of the range of the original station about half way through the game. We had a moment of fuzz, then it switched over to a Spanish ESPN station... We were able to watch the entire game.

on the Explorer of the Seas in May 05 we were able to watch the NBA playoffs in the sports bar. However in June 06 on the Adventure the guys in the sports bar had on soccer (The World Cup I think) A lot of people were very mad!! The bar tenders said that it is the choice of the captain what goes on the TV's. We did not think that was true.

We were on the Radiance last fall during baseball playoffs, and I'm a big Met fan. No luck--most of the time in sports bar, they were showing soccer, although there was a ribbon on the bottom of the screen which informed us about the baseball scores. They also showed poker (!?)

Just for the record, I will be at home tonight but will not be watching the Spurs/Suns game. Something after the last game and the resulting suspensions has turned my stomach about the sport. (Not sure how long it will last, but at least tonight.)

I don't want an asterisk by a Spurs championship. They need to win with their opponents at full strength or not win at all.

• 5 weeks later...

We expected you to win in 4. With our "kids" playing & your elderly guys in basketball years, we were not stupid. Amazing tho that we won 2 games in the regular season but nothing in the Finals. All the glory went to their heads when thye were hitting 3's at practice of 5 hours.

But we are celebrating another member of the James Gang. Bryce Maximus James born Thursday at 12:51AM about 9# about 19". At least Lebron was there for that award!

Cleveland is proud of the Cavs for making it as far as the did this year. If they would have actually won the first finals they were in, it would be a Cleveland sports miracle! Hey, they are still Eastern Conference Champions! Congrats to Lebron on his new son too! Bryce Maximus James(SP?!), 8 lbs 6oz, 21" long!

WE LOVE YOU CAVS!

San Antonio did itself proud last night. Not only the Spurs, but the fans as well. Tens of thousands of people in the downtown area last night celebrating and no major trouble of any sort.

After the game, I went to a local sporting goods store (they have outlets all over town) to buy some shirts and there were literally a couple thousand people already waiting in line. Everyone was shouting and honking horns. It was an incredible scene.

Way to go San Antonio, you showed the rest of the country how to celebrate a championship!

San Antonio did itself proud last night. Not only the Spurs, but the fans as well. Tens of thousands of people in the downtown area last night celebrating and no major trouble of any sort.

After the game, I went to a local sporting goods store (they have outlets all over town) to buy some shirts and there were literally a couple thousand people already waiting in line. Everyone was shouting and honking horns. It was an incredible scene.

Way to go San Antonio, you showed the rest of the country how to celebrate a championship!

Just like the fans in Cleveland when the CAVS won the Eastern Division Championship. We are not the "mistake by the lake" anymore. Cleveland fans did us proud........just like San Antonio.

Congratulations to the Spurs for a great 4 game series. The Cavs will be back and hopefully a better team after their "first" experience in the NBA finals.

Congratulations to the Cavs for bringing our first Eastern Division Basketball Championship to Cleveland this year.:D

We expected you to win in 4. With our "kids" playing & your elderly guys in basketball years, we were not stupid. Amazing tho that we won 2 games in the regular season but nothing in the Finals. All the glory went to their heads when thye were hitting 3's at practice of 5 hours.

Hmmmmm....I seem to recall that you predicted that the Cavs would beat the Spurs in "4" and you also said "Sorry Advertisers"??:confused::(:confused:

No glory went to the Cav's heads. They are a young team that played a very experienced team that has been to the NBA finals far more than Cleveland has. Maybe if the Cavs had played as a team, they would have done better. Remember there is no "I" in team..........LJ can't do all the work like he did against Detroit.

Archived