Cozumel Excursion Help!!!

oakbend

I can't help you with the Snuba....but Paradise Beach is as follows:

It will be a $12-14 taxi ride one way (depending on which pier you arrive at).

When you get to Paradise Beach, just walk in and pick our your chair. A waiter will bring you a menu and will run a tab. There is no entrance fee and they do not charge for the lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas and clean restrooms and changing areas. You can rent lockers if you need one.

They do offer an optional $9 wristband. Our 2 boys always get one, hubby and I do not. This wristband allows you to play all day on the non-motorized toys. They have 2 water trampolines, an iceberg, kayaks, floats and snorkeling equipment. Remember that you will have to pay a $20 deposit for equipment but you do get that back when you return the equipment. Snorkeling off the beach anywhere on the west side is not that great. (except at Chank Park where they built a protected lagoon) But it will give you a little taste of what it is like to snorkel.

Around Paradise Beach there are more activities than you can think of to spend you money on. There are independent vendors that offer parasailing, jet ski, banana boats, massages on the beach, hair braiding, fake tatoos,.

You can even try your hand at climbing a coconut tree!

I am thinking the jet ski runs about $55 for 1/2 hours. I don't know the cost of the parasailing, but they do use the wrench off the end of the boat which is safer than beach starts.

Have a great cruise and a great day at Cozumel.

There are many wonderful beaches and things to do in Cozumel. You should spend some time on the Cozumel page to see what's out there.

My family went to Paradise Beach last November and had a wonderful time, however I think if you're going without kids there are other places that would be better.

Is the taxi ride price per person or for everyone in the party?

For up to 4 people in the taxi. Be sure to agree to a price before you get in the vehicle. Try to have exact change. Tipping is not customary.

I don't know the cost of the parasailing, but they do use the wrench off the end of the boat which is safer than beach starts.

Not to be a grammar cop, but I think you mean "winch" don't you? A wrench is a hand tool.

Does anyone know how much the massages, hair braids, etc are? Is Cozumel pushy?

I also would like to know the price of hair braiding? Real long hair on child? Half head w/beads?

Thanks!!

I presume you are referring to Paradise Beach if so These prices were posted in the PB thread a while back... All depends on the thickness and length of her hair, number of rows, extras etc. Just ask for an estimate,:D but 1/2 is around $25USD, full around $45USD...

Massage runs $1/minute... I'm sure some vendors in Cozumel are pushy, but nothing like you would't see in other ports.. Paradise Beach vendors are not.

Archived