Princess Cancelled my booking

Jacqueline

People, even TAs, are human and make mistakes. It's important to always review your booking and make sure everything on the booking is correct so I feel there's equal responsibility when a TA sends you a booking confirmation. The one thing I can't abide is someone lying for whatever reason. Even in business, we all make mistakes and it's important that you accept responsibility and do everything you can to fix the mistake. But to lie about it is unacceptable to me.

People, even TAs, are human and make mistakes. It's important to always review your booking and make sure everything on the booking is correct so I feel there's equal responsibility when a TA sends you a booking confirmation. The one thing I can't abide is someone lying for whatever reason. Even in business, we all make mistakes and it's important that you accept responsibility and do everything you can to fix the mistake. But to lie about it is unacceptable to me.

Pam, And yes, it is the misrepresentation that is the issue, not the mistake

I agree with both of you, but people in "customer service" jobs are often told by their bosses NOT to admit to mistakes. Once they admit to making a mistake, someone may sue and the "errors and omissions" insurance can take over and then their insurance rates will go up.

It's similar to what happens in some restaurants if someone slips on something and falls (this happened to my mother). The staff is taught NOT to come to their aid :eek: , because it may be interpreted as admitting to negligence.

Sad, but true...

Archived