Princess Cancelled my booking

Jacqueline

I paid in full PRIOR to final payment (by a week). My daughter went in to fill in some additional hinfo and got the message that the booking number was cancelled.

Low and behold, they resold our cabins. Now we have our booking numbers back but 2 different cabins (same basic type and location).

Has anyone had this happen before ?

Through a TA. She called them and straightened it out in minutes.I didn't care about the cabin changes, but it was extremely disconcerting.

What would have happened if I couldn't get the cabins I needed, esp after having paid for the air ?

Do you think that it was a problem with the booking ? We still are not at final payment, had deposits on the cabins and made our final payments. Previously we could get into our personalizer.

Through a TA. She called them and straightened it out in minutes.I didn't care about the cabin changes, but it was extremely disconcerting.

What would have happened if I couldn't get the cabins I needed, esp after having paid for the air ?

Do you think that it was a problem with the booking ? We still are not at final payment, had deposits on the cabins and made our final payments. Previously we could get into our personalizer.

The TA did not get the payment in on time. :(

My original guess was that your agent didn't make final payment in time but you said that final payment was not due yet..... Is it possible that you were given the wrong final payment date??

Glad you got it worked out.

I paid in full PRIOR to final payment (by a week). My daughter went in to fill in some additional hinfo and got the message that the booking number was cancelled.

Low and behold, they resold our cabins. Now we have our booking numbers back but 2 different cabins (same basic type and location).

This happened to us last summer. I only had my deposit and the credit from the 3/19/06 Star sailing down on two cabins and hadn't paid in full as payment wasn't due yet. I booked directly with Princess and they canceled the booking.

In the end Princess couldn't help me as there were no triples left. I told them to forget it and took my money to Disney and we sailed on them instead.

This happened to us on our cruise before last... Our TA didnt give us the right final payment date and we missed it, and ended up losing our money because of her... she wasnt a good TA either... we started out with a TA at the beginning of this trip but she was just about as bad as the one previous... she kept complaing that we were booking too early, but for being "too early" there werent many inside cabins left for 3 people... about 4 months inadvance, and then had us doing a dining time, that Princess doenst even offer... Better to just do it yourself anymore! Too bad we have to learn the hard way... :mad:

This happened to me two years ago. It was the TA's fault. They neglected to post the credit card payment. Now I always double-check with the credit card company to make sure the payment has gone thru.

We had the same problem with T/A. When I went on line to look at tours and found we had been cancelled for non pymt when I had receipt from travel agent. They rebooked us after several days of wrangling. She tried to blame cruiseline. We got same category but the cabin was not as good a location. They called back later and tried to get us to change our cruise dates for a full refund and future partial credit. But we had already booked air, hotels and other things.

When we got to ship in Anc, we found out we had been given our original cabin. So the other people who had booked it due to our TA error, took the rebooking I assume. So check your documents and on line with cruise company and keep checking.

I'm so sorry to hear this as TA, I can tell you, you pay the same price if you had not gone with a TA, but what a TA should do for you is get the best cabin for you that is avaiable , take care of all your pre- register, and send all travel doc's to you and give you the warm fuzzy feeling that you desire, and make sure that you had the best vacation that you could have.. some TA don't understand that. Some people get a vacation once in a liftime and that they should make sure that it is best vacation because who knows when the next one will be, of each and anyone of them is special they go on so many I think some times they forget that some people have never ever cruised, Sorry for venting but I hear this so much from people that would just go to the beach then to deal with a TA , and they are missing out on so much

This has happened to me and a couple of friends of mine. Coral knows the story, but we had prebooked a long time in advance of a Pacific coast cruise to get the aft balcony cabins. We paid the TA in full, you can see from the VISA statement where the TA received payment from my VISA. Then the same thing occurred. I was checking the cruise personalizer and my booking was gone, poof! Called Princess who told me that we didn't make final payment so our bookings were cancelled. Called the TA who tried to blame it on Princess, I didn't believe him by that time.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you too, it can be maddening.

The cruise is August 12. I am checking to see when the payment from AMEX went through.

When should final payment have been due ?

I believe it would be 75 days out which would make it around the 29th May?? :)

But you said you paid it early so it should not matter, the TA should have forwarded the payment to Princess right away and not sat on the money.

One thing you should always do is look for the confirmation from Princess about your final payment. You should get a written confirmation within a day or two showing full payment was received. If you don't get one (or your TA doesn't forward it on) check directly with Princess.

I always make sure to make final payment at least a week before it is due. This ensures that there is plenty of time to check and recheck.

Fortunately we use a terrific TA who makes sure things are done right. But things can go wrong even in the best situation. So I suggest you always give yourself plenty of time to adjust for problems. That keeps the whole thing a lot less stressful.

Abby

TA's booking confirmation shows final payment is due for our Sept 6 cruise on June 6...and this is the first time we've used this TA. After reading this string I called and gave the okay to make final payment today...whew! Thank goodness for all y'all...I also asked when the TA would send final payment to Princess and they advised me 3 days...so now I have the rest of this week and all of next week to check my Amex statements and the Princess website

I also double confirmed our cabin number, late seating assignment and additional travellers (family) linked to our reservation.....I don't want to lose my late traditional seating nor our mini suite....

I would think most good TAs would (as we do) back date the final payment date by about a week or so to (almost) completely rule out cancellation due to, say, a declined card, or a weekend, or a holiday, or whatever else might delay payment by a day or two.

For individual bookings we set the due date as 7 days before, and for groups, it's more like 10 to 14 days. Rarely, if ever, does a booking get cancelled do to non-payment on our (or the clients') part. Cruise lines do make mistakes on occasion as do agents, so anything could have happened.:o

The cruise is August 12. I am checking to see when the payment from AMEX went through.

When should final payment have been due ?

Final payment for our crown cruise august 19 is due on the 29th (next tuesday). I would think in that case it would be today for yours?

From your post I'm not sure to whom you made your final payment :confused: . Never, ever, write a check or charge your credit card directly to the TA! Always make sure the check or the charge goes directly to Princess and get a receipt!

Generally, don't depend on the TA to let you know when final payment is due (I do realize that you paid early). We have a great TA, but I always check "My Princess" to be sure everything is right.

You were very lucky that things turned out okay :) . Have a wonderful cruise!

From your post I'm not sure to whom you made your final payment :confused: . Never, ever, write a check or charge your credit card directly to the TA! Always make sure the check or the charge goes directly to Princess and get a receipt!

I agree 100%. I used the same TA for two of my cruises (on Princess & Carnival) and both times, all payments were posted by the cruise line. I was suprised to read that some payments are going thru the TA. That would be too scary for me, even if the TA was my best friend. :eek:

We plan on making our final payment by credit card. We are using a TA - so how do we make sure the charge goes directly to Princess?

Archived